FOX News... I've never seen so much propaganda in my life...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassionFruit

I woke up like dis
May 18, 2007
In the valley of the wind
✟20,550.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
That's why Fox News is nicknamed Faux News, or Fox Noise. Many people know most of it is just propaganda and there is too much commentary. And they have the nerve to call it journalism. :doh: Goodness, when you're a journalist, no one cares about your opinion, you're just supposed to report the news.

Upvote 0

Caylin

Formerly Dracon427
Feb 15, 2004
Olympia, Washington
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's why Fox News is nicknamed Faux News, or Fox Noise. Many people know most of it is just propaganda and there is too much commentary. And they have the nerve to call it journalism. :doh: Goodness, when you're a journalist, no one cares about your opinion, you're just supposed to report the news.

Well, its not like news as propaganda and misinformation is a new phenomenon. Pulitzer, the man the prize was named after was one of the best at it.

Upvote 0

sealacamp

Jun 26, 2008
Fairburn Georgia
✟2,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've heard a lot about FOX news, there have been lots of mentions about it on CF and a few youtube links. I live in the UK, and noticed it is broadcasted on sky channel 510 for those of you who have access, and have been flicking it on the past week when I've had spare moments, and was genuinely shocked by how biased, imbalanced, how much spin and how stupid their anchor people are. It explains a lot about the psyche of certain posters here, who I'm now sure take their word as gospel. In the UK, our equivalent is sky news, while slightly imbalanced on some of its reporting it doesn't compare to fox.

Anyway, it seems to me, fox news isn't even a news channel, it is mainly an opinion based channel. I'm pretty sure in my country, the broadcast regulators wouldn't let them get away with calling themselves a news channel, we have strict guidelines, especially when elections are coming up. Free speech is fine, but should they be allowed to call themselves a news channel? Fox Talk would be a more appropriate name. Would it make much difference changing their name? Does the channel have much influence in America? From an outsider, it seems like a parody of a news channel, but do people really take them seriously?

No televised news is unbiased and all of your comments can equally apply to ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, or any other news producer. There really isn't a difference other than a view from a particular point of view. So it is obvious which point you have picked and in this regard no one has a monopoly on truly fair reporting, no one.

||"Goodness, when you're a journalist, no one cares about your opinion, you're just supposed to report the news."||

Agreed! With that being the criteria you might as well throw them all out then.

Sealacamp

Upvote 0

oldbetang

Senior Veteran
Jul 21, 2005
✟24,987.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by stan1980

FOX News... I've never seen so much propaganda in my life...
Fewer than a third of Britons believe the BBC performs well when it comes to accurate news reporting, a survey has revealed.

Only 29 per cent gave a positive rating to publicly-funded news.

It was a lower figure than people in ten of the 14 countries involved in an international survey.

Public news services in Russia, Venezuela and Egypt were among those rated more highly by viewers and listeners.
The result is especially embarrassing for the BBC as the research was carried out on behalf of its own World Service.
Earlier this year a survey for the regulator Ofcom showed that the number who think the BBC is impartial has fallen to 54 per cent from 77 per cent in 2002.

Commercial news organisations performed even less well, with lower ratings than in 11 other countries.

The report of the survey, by polling firms GlobeScan and Synovate, said: "While Britons believe strongly in media freedom, they are critical of the accuracy of news reporting by both publicly and privately-funded organisations."

The BBC was also criticised for its liberal leanings in an official report this year, which sparked claims that it was "institutionally biased".

BBC chiefs were attacked for not reflecting a broader range of views and not thinking out of its left -leaning "comfort zone".

Hmmm!

Upvote 0

Athene

Grammatically incorrect
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
✟42,546.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Fewer than a third of Britons believe the BBC performs well when it comes to accurate news reporting, a survey has revealed.

Only 29 per cent gave a positive rating to publicly-funded news.

It was a lower figure than people in ten of the 14 countries involved in an international survey.

Public news services in Russia, Venezuela and Egypt were among those rated more highly by viewers and listeners.
The result is especially embarrassing for the BBC as the research was carried out on behalf of its own World Service.
Earlier this year a survey for the regulator Ofcom showed that the number who think the BBC is impartial has fallen to 54 per cent from 77 per cent in 2002.

Commercial news organisations performed even less well, with lower ratings than in 11 other countries.

The report of the survey, by polling firms GlobeScan and Synovate, said: "While Britons believe strongly in media freedom, they are critical of the accuracy of news reporting by both publicly and privately-funded organisations."

The BBC was also criticised for its liberal leanings in an official report this year, which sparked claims that it was "institutionally biased".

BBC chiefs were attacked for not reflecting a broader range of views and not thinking out of its left -leaning "comfort zone".

Hmmm!

The survey polled almost 11,500 people across 14 countries, which also included Brazil, Germany, India, Mexico, Singapore, South Africa, The United Arab Emirates and the USA.

Hmmm! How many people in the UK were actually polled? 71% of the sample group from the UK gave the BBC a negative rating yet the BBC reaches 80% of the population, surely if we hated the BBC that much we wouldn't watch it so much.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People should realize that certain stations aren't truely journalist based; theyre entertainment based. Bill Oreilley, Rush Limbaugh, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are all entertainers, not journalists; Fox News knows that since their ratings are only geared towards one demographic of an audience, they knows that having irrational, sometimes crazy people telling the 'news' will get them ratings.

Many news channels say 'screw dignity, and screw integrity, we're after ratings!' and Fox News is one of those channels.

Fox news knows they aren't right for the most part, but as long as the right-wing continues to watch, they'll be in business; now, if they reported the facts without opinons and stayed geared towards integral journalism(such as BBC, CNN, etc) their ratings would go wayyyy down.

The people at Fox news knows they arent real journalists, and people know Bill Oreilley has no integrity(you arent supposed to solicit your assistants for sex like he did) and Rush Limbaugh has little or no itnegrity too(lying about your pain pill addictions? hmmmm), and the world is catching on to this.

Smart people know that Fox news is just entertainment rather than journalism; an idiot might think its news, but, hey, different strokes to move the world eh?

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People should realize that certain stations aren't truely journalist based; theyre entertainment based. Bill Oreilley, Rush Limbaugh, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are all entertainers, not journalists; Fox News knows that since their ratings are only geared towards one demographic of an audience, they knows that having irrational, sometimes crazy people telling the 'news' will get them ratings.

Many news channels say 'screw dignity, and screw integrity, we're after ratings!' and Fox News is one of those channels.

Fox news knows they aren't right for the most part, but as long as the right-wing continues to watch, they'll be in business; now, if they reported the facts without opinons and stayed geared towards integral journalism(such as BBC, CNN, etc) their ratings would go wayyyy down.

The people at Fox news knows they arent real journalists, and people know Bill Oreilley has no integrity(you arent supposed to solicit your assistants for sex like he did) and Rush Limbaugh has little or no itnegrity too(lying about your pain pill addictions? hmmmm), and the world is catching on to this.

Smart people know that Fox news is just entertainment rather than journalism; an idiot might think its news, but, hey, different strokes to move the world eh?

Upvote 0

LoisGriffin

I am not a sheep! I follow only one!
Jul 1, 2008
United Kingdom
✟10,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fox News in my opinion shouldn't be on the news list on my Sky listings. Its not really about bringing you the facts its more about bringing you the newsreaders opinions on the stories. That would be why us Brits find it very strange.

If it was in the Entertainment listing on Sky then that would make more sense.

I have noticed over time that Sky News is getting more and more like Fox News so I watch it less. I want to know whats going on in the world not the presenters opinions on things.

Now Sky Sports News has turned into utter trash. One more fake comment on Cristiano Ronaldo and I will scream. They need to talk about something else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoisGriffin

I am not a sheep! I follow only one!
Jul 1, 2008
United Kingdom
✟10,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am a big Manchester United fan and the media constantly trying to unsettle him has pretty much got me hating the media. They have their own stupid agendas for whatever reason.

I miss the days when surprises happened in sports. Getting home from school and finding a new player had joined the club. Fantastic. Nowdays the media make 90% of the transfer rumours up and the other 10% they talk about so much that when the person joins the club I am totally sick of hearing about it anyway.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm not a fan of FOX News myself, but I don't see anything wrong with a channel that combines news reports and opinion shows. It's easy enough to tell the difference between them.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

Alexandrah

Jul 26, 2007
✟9,066.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
propaganda.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alexandrah

Jul 26, 2007
✟9,066.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not a fan of FOX News myself, but I don't see anything wrong with a channel that combines news reports and opinion shows. It's easy enough to tell the difference between them.

eudaimonia,

Mark

The average American cannot tell the difference.
There are actually people that still believe Barak Obama is a muslim terrorist because everyone on fox refers to him as "Barak Hussein Obama"

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
The average American cannot tell the difference.

I don't believe that.

There are actually people that still believe Barak Obama is a muslim terrorist because everyone on fox refers to him as "Barak Hussein Obama"

That is, of course, their opinion.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

cantata

Queer non-theist, with added jam.
Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats