Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
"Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin. Using ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease. The apparent safety and low cost suggest that ivermectin is likely to have a significant impact on the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic globally."

Ivermectin for Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19... : American Journal of Therapeutics

Please present a reference with regard to ivermectin being approved for use in the US for COVID.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one has recommended that anyone go out and buy ivermectin and take it on their own. No one has even suggested it.

....so you chalk it up to stupidity? I mean, it has nothing to do with certain talking heads telling people the gobernet is keeping covid treatments from you....

upload_2021-8-22_7-9-30.png

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
....so you chalk it up to stupidity? I mean, it has nothing to do with certain talking heads telling people the gobernet is keeping covid treatments from you....

View attachment 304735

And you don't believe that folks are stupid for following the advice of folks on FOX and taking a drug not approved against COVID by the FDA, the WHO, the CDC and the manufacturer? Isn't at least a bit "stupid" to ignore the warnings of all the agencies AND the manufacturer.

Is it at least a bit "stupid" not to go their doctors, who will likely give them the same treatment option that was given to Gov Abbot?

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ivermectin, which is not an anti-viral drug, is generally used to treat or prevent parasites in animals.​

I have no idea as to whether this drug would help with Covid. Don't claim that I do. But this here link says it is used in humans and tells of things one need to be aware of....like all drugs. Your statement seems to lean that generally speaking it's only used on animals. Maybe you have a link to demonstrate that? If it's used on humans and is prescribed by doctors then it's used on humans period. If one is going to say it never should be used on humans then what's it based on?

Ivermectin Uses, Side Effects & Warnings - Drugs.com

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

I have no idea as to whether this drug would help with Covid. Don't claim that I do. But this here link says it is used in humans and tells of things one need to be aware of....like all drugs. Your statement seems to lean that generally speaking it's only used on animals. Maybe you have a link to demonstrate that? If it's used on humans and is prescribed by doctors then it's used on humans period. If one is going to say it never should be used on humans then what's it based on?

It's an anti-parasite (and only an anti-parasite) medicine.

Covid-19 is not caused by a parasite, it's caused by a virus.

For anyone who sat through high school biology classes, this should be all the argument one needs.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Most dewormers make the animals poop more. The animal version probably causes diarrhea in humans.

Seems REALLY unwise to take the vet version of it like some folks in Mississippi. They probably had a close relationship with their toilet after taking it.

(sorry if this is disgusting, but wow- people are trying this stuff).

Last edited:
Reactions: St. Helens
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Mississippi officials warn against using livestock ivermectin to prevent COVID-19 after rise in poison control calls

Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19

There seems to be a growing interest in a drug called ivermectin to treat humans with COVID-19. Ivermectin is often used in the U.S. to treat or prevent parasites in animals. The FDA has received multiple reports of patients who have required medical support and been hospitalized after self-medicating with ivermectin intended for horses.

Here’s What You Need to Know about Ivermectin
  • FDA has not approved ivermectin for use in treating or preventing COVID-19 in humans. Ivermectin tablets are approved at very specific doses for some parasitic worms, and there are topical (on the skin) formulations for head lice and skin conditions like rosacea. Ivermectin is not an anti-viral (a drug for treating viruses).
  • Taking large doses of this drug is dangerous and can cause serious harm.
  • If you have a prescription for ivermectin for an FDA-approved use, get it from a legitimate source and take it exactly as prescribed.
  • Never use medications intended for animals on yourself. Ivermectin preparations for animals are very different from those approved for humans
One key point is that ivermectin is NOT an anti-viral drug. Covid is a virus, not a parasite. It is prescribed for humans for parasitic worm issues - like roundworm.

Reactions: St. Helens
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you don't believe that folks are stupid for following the advice of folks on FOX and taking a drug not approved against COVID by the FDA, the WHO, the CDC and the manufacturer? Isn't at least a bit "stupid" to ignore the warnings of all the agencies AND the manufacturer.

Is it at least a bit "stupid" not to go their doctors, who will likely give them the same treatment option that was given to Gov Abbot?

Of course. People are responsible for their (stupid) choices.
The FOX talking heads bear some responsibility as well to explicitly tell people to consult with their personal Dr before taking anything...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't get it - leery of the vaccine but will take horse dewormer.
It seems that everything must be political.
If scientists recommend X then obviously the Democratic party are going to be supporting X so right wing media are going to recommend something other than X.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ivermectin is just the latest iteration of this game for people (who can no longer use the "covid's not real" talking point anymore) desperately trying to cling to something, anything that allows them to profess to be outside of the "mainstream".

If there's one thing the "alternative wellness" crowd loves, it's the thought that "I know the truth, the rest of the sheeple just haven't done the research"

First it was hydroxychloroquine...then there was mega-dosing vitamin C, then it was vitamin D, then it was zinc, then it was colloidal silver, then it was essential oils, yada yada yada.

People who are desperate to be "anti-mainstream" will continue to cling to anything that's not the officially approved recommendation, because their identity seems to be wrapped up in it.

Anti-vaccine types have basically become the hipsters of the medical science world. Drinking PBR (the worst beer), and listening to absolutely terrible music, while insisting that it's great, and anyone who doesn't agree with them just isn't smart enough to 'get it'.

Maybe people who are anti-vaccine should just start wearing fedoras, vests, growing neck-beards, and riding vintage bicycles like the actual hipsters do. That way I'll know ahead of time that they don't have anything interesting to say, and I can avoid having to listen to a meaningless, self-absorbed diatribe.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Ivermectin is just the latest iteration of this game for people (who can no longer use the "covid's not real" talking point anymore) desperately trying to cling to something, anything that allows them to profess to be outside of the "mainstream".

If there's one thing the "alternative wellness" crowd loves, it's the thought that "I know the truth, the rest of the sheeple just haven't done the research"

First it was hydroxychloroquine...then there was mega-dosing vitamin C, then it was vitamin D, then it was zinc, then it was colloidal silver, then it was essential oils, yada yada yada.

People who are desperate to be "anti-mainstream" will continue to cling to anything that's not the officially approved recommendation, because their identity seems to be wrapped up in it.

Anti-vaccine types have basically become the hipsters of the medical science world. Drinking PBR (the worst beer), and listening to absolutely terrible music, while insisting that it's great, and anyone who doesn't agree with them just isn't smart enough to 'get it'.

Maybe people who are anti-vaccine should just start wearing fedoras, vests, growing neck-beards, and riding vintage bicycles like the actual hipsters do. That way I'll know ahead of time that they don't have anything interesting to say, and I can avoid having to listen to a meaningless, self-absorbed diatribe.
People who search diligently for “the real truth”, will often find it, whether or not they actually do find it.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Sounds like you're having a bad day, Rob!

• Haha
Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
People who search diligently for “the real truth”, will often find it, whether or not they actually do find it.

Only News Source Man Trusts Has Logo Of Eyeball In Crosshairs

The onion satire article sums it up quite nicely lol

While Howland is said to have many thousands of news options available to him online, in print, and through broadcast media, sources indicated that the one he has deemed most trustworthy is a website that frequently uses the words “exposed,” “Orwellian,” “cover-up,” and “shadow groups” in its headlines.

Truth Link, whose sidebar prominently features an advertisement for a self-published book by the site’s editor-in-chief titled The America Files: Declassified, is reportedly one of the first websites Howland visits each morning, and one he checks four to five times during his workday and at least once per evening.

Sources noted that Howland frequently posts links to the website on Facebook, adding comments such as “Something to think about…” or “Open your eyes,”

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Only News Source Man Trusts Has Logo Of Eyeball In Crosshairs

The onion satire article sums it up quite nicely lol

While Howland is said to have many thousands of news options available to him online, in print, and through broadcast media, sources indicated that the one he has deemed most trustworthy is a website that frequently uses the words “exposed,” “Orwellian,” “cover-up,” and “shadow groups” in its headlines.

Truth Link, whose sidebar prominently features an advertisement for a self-published book by the site’s editor-in-chief titled The America Files: Declassified, is reportedly one of the first websites Howland visits each morning, and one he checks four to five times during his workday and at least once per evening.

Sources noted that Howland frequently posts links to the website on Facebook, adding comments such as “Something to think about…” or “Open your eyes,”
I sometimes savor the irony of those who had somewhat esoteric opinions on what I could do with my “feelings” (a few years back), now being addicted to being perpetually angry.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Anecdotal reports have shown this oppositional defiant behavior to stop very quickly once the unvaccinated end up in the hospital.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Allow me to propose an alternative hypothesis. "cultural Marxist" is a bigoted conspiracy theory and the encyclopedia anyone can edit is not "the left".

It's actually repackaged Nazi propaganda. The only difference is that they called it 'Cultural Bolshevism'.

• Informative
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.