✟19,168.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,
I'm trying to engage in on here but it's difficult with the excessive advertising. Is this something that can be reviewed? I'm almost at my wits end and this is the only site that I visit that has it so invasive. It makes it hard read, post and navigate. I've attached a few screenshots.

Screenshot_20230201_234442_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230201_234323_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230201_234425_Chrome.jpg

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟901,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,
I'm trying to engage in on here but it's difficult with the excessive advertising. Is this something that can be reviewed? I'm almost at my wits end and this is the only site that I visit that has it so invasive. It makes it hard read, post and navigate. I've attached a few screenshots.

View attachment 327372View attachment 327374View attachment 327373
Yes you can become a member and you will not see any ads.
It is under " account upgrades". Its worth it. Blessings

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟774,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Becoming a "Supporter" will remove all advertisements. However, please note that we are still testing a new advertisement platform, so some of the things that have been happening are not permanent, and feedback like this is important.
@doughtz

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟334,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
However, please note that we are still testing a new advertisement platform, so some of the things that have been happening are not permanent, and feedback like this is important.
@doughtz

Oh, this is really good to hear. I read CF on a bigger screen than what's pictured in the OP, so I can work around the ads a little better, but it's really annoying that now the ads pop up and cover the text. The ads used to be more discreetly off to the side. If this setup isn't permanent yet, it would be great if this could be fixed.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Oh, this is really good to hear. I read CF on a bigger screen than what's pictured in the OP, so I can work around the ads a little better, but it's really annoying that now the ads pop up and cover the text. The ads used to be more discreetly off to the side. If this setup isn't permanent yet, it would be great if this could be fixed.
Agree. I could not read much at all. They popped up in different places, sometimes covering the whole thing. Waiting for change. If not, then this site will be no less than a site requiring payment to engage.

• Agree
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟559,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I not so sure that this is CF.
I changed browsers from chrome to edge for a few days. I rebooted and did some updates.
When I came back to chrome all these adds were gone.
Note I am a supporter... so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Upvote 0

doughtz

Owner of christianforums.com
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jun 10, 2022
San Diego
Visit site
✟110,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd love to see a screenshot to help understand better if you get a chance.

Upvote 0

Ironhorse

Mar 26, 2022
Emerald
✟19,168.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes you can become a member and you will not see any ads.
It is under " account upgrades". Its worth it. Blessings
Not when I'm seeing if it's a community I want to be part of. I'm not against it for singing I'd use, but the basic format should be able to be navigated. But, when I click on a link and an ad pops up before I can read it, to then have the page covered in ads, it gives me no reason to consider the site worth becoming part of.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟580,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The ads I got during the glitch, were far more excessive then before I became a supporter. They dominate the screen so much, it practically renders the site unreadable. I can see first time visitors immediately giving up on CF.

Edit: I logged out and saw the ad placement isn't nearly as bad as what I experienced during the glitch.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0

peregrinus2017

Jun 17, 2017
British Columbia
✟216,768.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure if it's a related issue, but I have large random spaces appear, and sometimes the blue title bar at the top will cover 3/4 or more of my screen. If I refresh it sometimes goes away. Really makes it hard to read anything or use this forum. This is on a mobile device. The upgrades seem to have trashed this place. Hope they get the bugs worked out before I give up on this place.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,647,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure if it's a related issue, but I have large random spaces appear, and sometimes the blue title bar at the top will cover 3/4 or more of my screen. If I refresh it sometimes goes away. Really makes it hard to read anything or use this forum. This is on a mobile device. The upgrades seem to have trashed this place. Hope they get the bugs worked out before I give up on this place.
I agree. I can no longer see pictures here. Like like options are only partially there for me now. Etc. The upgrade on mobile anyway makes things a lot of work.

• Agree
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I agree. I can no longer see pictures here. Like like options are only partially there for me now. Etc. The upgrade on mobile anyway makes things a lot of work.
About the only thing that has chaged is, now I can at least wait a few seconds until it allows me to skip the ad. But it comes back later. Before I could not get rid of them at all

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,647,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
About the only thing that has chaged is, now I can at least wait a few seconds until it allows me to skip the ad. But it comes back later. Before I could not get rid of them at all
As I said, it has become a lot of work. There is always something that needs fixed anymore.

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟420,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think it's mainly a mobile problem.
I agree. I do not use mobile for viewing websites for that reason alone! If I wanted to look on a webpage I would use the "Desktop View" on google chrome for ios or just use the computer.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,077.00
Faith
Christian
I use an Adblock, which I'm sure the site will very soon become impervious to, thus rendering the application useless.

I've been a member here for ten years. I've travelled all over the world, and signed into the forum from every country I've visited (even slipping over in a subway station while replying to a post in Tokyo). In my time here I've been an agricultural college student, which I saw through into becoming a lone dairy farmer with 400 cattle on my watch - a career I lived for years. I've written books, become an oil painter, toiled away during the peak of the pandemic, answering DM's and forum posts, offering support to those who were in BIG trouble - in short, a big part of me has grown up here in my decade-long tenure. In fact, it absolutely shaped me into the person I have become.

That said, it might actually be time for me to move on. This site is ALL about welcoming new comers in, and you can't do that if the user can't tell the difference between an advert and a post. And realistically, you can't expect them to part with cash right from the off either.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.