Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,078.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Downcast. Confused. Humbled again. But thankful I have the Lord.
"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;" (2 Corinthians 4.8-9)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,078.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Precisely. I need to learn to live the Lords way but we have the best teacher.
Yes, the Word prayerfully and daily received and the guidance of the Holy Spirit are wonderful resources for the believer in the Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,078.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am away off line. I promised that this day I would spend a lot of time with Jesus and time is going too fast. :( The day is slipping away from me.
We can meditate in the Word as we do our daily tasks and not only when we are reading it directly. I find that my mind sometimes wanders from the page but this does not mean I'm not meditating on some aspect of what I've read.

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,078.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lol. Finally got around to ordering a cd. I only have one praise and worship cd atm. Soon I will have two. We are blessed to have such easy access to music.
So traditional hymns? Christian hard rock? (etc.)

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Praise and worship. Jesus, Lover of my soul.

"As compilations go, Jesus Lover Of My Soul gets that bar set pretty high. With songs sung by Lou Fellingham, Stuart Townend, Paul Oakley and Kate Simmonds, these fourteen tracks are delivered with all the beauty and truth you could wish for. With a good blend of live and studio recordings, the album holds the listener right where they want to be... contemplating the very nature of the one, true, lover of our souls. From 'Let It Rain' to 'Be Lifted Up', 'Amazing God' to 'All Around The World' these songs are a timely reminder of the love that God offers us, a love that never lets go, a love that's truly worthy of our songs."

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,078.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Praise and worship. Jesus, Lover of my soul.

"As compilations go, Jesus Lover Of My Soul gets that bar set pretty high. With songs sung by Lou Fellingham, Stuart Townend, Paul Oakley and Kate Simmonds, these fourteen tracks are delivered with all the beauty and truth you could wish for. With a good blend of live and studio recordings, the album holds the listener right where they want to be... contemplating the very nature of the one, true, lover of our souls. From 'Let It Rain' to 'Be Lifted Up', 'Amazing God' to 'All Around The World' these songs are a timely reminder of the love that God offers us, a love that never lets go, a love that's truly worthy of our songs."
Lou Fellingham has got a real joyful presence to her hymn and song performance! :)

"There is a day" is another one of Lou Fellingham's pieces, with Phatphish, or however you spell it... :)

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I really like Stuart Townend songs. He and Paul Oakley sang a lot of the songs I loved in the late 90's.

There is a guy at my church who has sang a couple of the songs he had written himself. I must say that they are really good and he sang them to the Lord so devotedly. I must find out whether he has a CD that I can buy.

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.