Foru.ms - a new beginning and a fresh start (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Glass*Soul said:
Perhaps I can offer an interesting timeline:

On 7-23-07 at 2:07 pm EDT, drstevej started a poll entitled "Should Christian be removed from website title?(Should CF be renamed with new vision)" in the new Conservative Christians Congregational Forum:

http://foru.ms/t5757523

Three days later drstevej was e-banned.

I can't give the exact time that Erwin e-banned drstevej, but Protinus first became aware that it had been done on 7-26-07 at about 7:08 pm EDT and commented on the fact a few minutes later on another website. At any rate, all of drstevej's post's disappeared from the board at about that time due to his being e-banned by Erwin himself.

On 7-26-07 at 9:50 EDT Erwin made a bid on the new Foru.ms domain name:

http://www.afternic.com/bidhist.php?id=13805887

Erwin reversed drstevej's e-ban on 7-27-07. Again, I don't know the exact time, but drstevej posted again in his poll thread at 9:45 pm EDT thanking Erwin for moving it into the Announcements Forum. I don't know how many votes option one had at that point.

On 7-27-07 at 9:50 pm EDT, Erwin himself made a comment in drstevej's poll thread indicating that it had been brought to his attention via PM. He did not say when or by whom. He also at that time reworded the options:

http://foru.ms/showpost.php?p=37125163&postcount=142

A new poll was started in the Announcements Forum with Erwin's reworded options:

http://foru.ms/t5787680-at-crossroad...only-here.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin
I'm going to leave this up to the community. I've extended the above poll to 3rd of August.

I will listen to the members here, and will defer to the final decision.
Drstevej's original poll was finally locked on 7-28-07 at 11:02 am EDT with 50 votes in favor of a name change.

On 7-28-07 at 10:18 pm EDT, Erwin started a thread asking our input on an "Option 3".

http://foru.ms/t5794084-what-would-o...look-like.html

On 8-4-07 at 10:27 pm EDT, Erwin made a further announcment. The thread was locked and not open for discussion:

http://foru.ms/t5840623-all-these-polls.html

Quote:
Just letting everyone know I am keeping track of the polls. However, in the end, the decision of whether to change the name of the site (which is still a possibility) and change the vision of the site will remain mine.

Today, Erwin posted again in drstevej's old poll:

Quote:
FWIW, I never thought of changing the name of the site until the suggestion in this thread and the results of this poll.

I hope that helps everyone put the discussion into perspective. I now have a splitting headache.

Nice research.

You know Erwin.
It might be easer when you make major changes to turn find all post on, so we can try to find what you're thinking easer instead of trying to hunt down your post to get an idea.

Reactions: RoseyK
Upvote 0

SunMessenger

Devoted To The Holy Spirit Of God
Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Original Post by +RubiesFire+ Sun Messenger......

Bless your heart!!! The Lord is using you to fight!!

Satan always looses!! I will also JOIN the fight for Christ!!!
Praise God ! I would give my life for him. Stand for the truth ! Stand for Christ ! Amen... God Bless You!

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nice research.

You know Erwin.
It might be easer when you make major changes to turn find all post on, so we can try to find what you're thinking easer instead of trying to hunt down your post to get an idea.
i keep saying that and saying that

ERWIN..turn on FIND ALL POSTS for the love of God!!

Upvote 0

Scholar in training

sine ira et studio
Feb 25, 2005
United States
✟15,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I don't read Joe's post as stating that, though.

The problem here stems from Christians who define something, mainly faith, as true or false based upon the beliefs or definition of that faith.

In that sense, a Muslims faith is invalid or false is they make statements about God that are in disagreement with a Christian's faith. In that sense, again, Christians who have a difference of opinion can not both have a valid expression of faith if they disagree on a foundational claim. It was because of this latter view that people were not considered Christian, even if they believed they were, if they did not agree with the Nicene Creed.

It's the entirely wrong way to approach the issue of faith and or religious truths. All truths start out with subjective experiences. We can move beyond that initial starting point and look at whether or not those truth statements actually correspond to something in reality or something which is actually the case but they all start out as subjective perceptions, though.
In a world where God reveals certain truths independently of human rationalization (e.g. the resurrection appearances, which so many "Christians" today are willing to deny), no, all truth does not start out subjectively. The thing is that the term "subjective" is not very helpful in these types of discussions because people don't see the distinction between a degree of subjectivity and what you might call wholesale subjectivity.

Erwin used to make the point repeatedly that the Nicene Creed was not a judgment on non-Christians and the unorthodox, it was instead a positive affirmation of the orthodox belief of God. The Nicene Creed has always been an affirmation of the historical person of Christ, who as a historical person does not change.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SunMessenger

Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Excellent Post !

Originally Posted by Glass*Soul
Perhaps I can offer an interesting timeline:

On 7-23-07 at 2:07 pm EDT, drstevej started a poll entitled "Should Christian be removed from website title?(Should CF be renamed with new vision)" in the new Conservative Christians Congregational Forum:

http://foru.ms/t5757523

Three days later drstevej was e-banned.

I can't give the exact time that Erwin e-banned drstevej, but Protinus first became aware that it had been done on 7-26-07 at about 7:08 pm EDT and commented on the fact a few minutes later on another website. At any rate, all of drstevej's post's disappeared from the board at about that time due to his being e-banned by Erwin himself.

On 7-26-07 at 9:50 EDT Erwin made a bid on the new Foru.ms domain name:

Erwin reversed drstevej's e-ban on 7-27-07. Again, I don't know the exact time, but drstevej posted again in his poll thread at 9:45 pm EDT thanking Erwin for moving it into the Announcements Forum. I don't know how many votes option one had at that point.

On 7-27-07 at 9:50 pm EDT, Erwin himself made a comment in drstevej's poll thread indicating that it had been brought to his attention via PM. He did not say when or by whom. He also at that time reworded the options:

http://foru.ms/showpost.php?p=37125163&postcount=142

A new poll was started in the Announcements Forum with Erwin's reworded options:

http://foru.ms/t5787680-at-crossroad...only-here.html

Quote:
I'm going to leave this up to the community. I've extended the above poll to 3rd of August.

I will listen to the members here, and will defer to the final decision.
Drstevej's original poll was finally locked on 7-28-07 at 11:02 am EDT with 50 votes in favor of a name change.

On 7-28-07 at 10:18 pm EDT, Erwin started a thread asking our input on an "Option 3".

http://foru.ms/t5794084-what-would-o...look-like.html

On 8-4-07 at 10:27 pm EDT, Erwin made a further announcment. The thread was locked and not open for discussion:

http://foru.ms/t5840623-all-these-polls.html

Quote:
Just letting everyone know I am keeping track of the polls. However, in the end, the decision of whether to change the name of the site (which is still a possibility) and change the vision of the site will remain mine.

Today, Erwin posted again in drstevej's old poll:

Quote:
FWIW, I never thought of changing the name of the site until the suggestion in this thread and the results of this poll.

I hope that helps everyone put the discussion into perspective. I now have a splitting headache.

Upvote 0

SunMessenger

Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
just read the option 3... i dont think it will be happening, Erwin keeps complaining that he has no time at all, so running two sites will be a nightmare for him

i just wonder why did he choose to disappoint 60percent of peole insted of 40?
Running two sites ,if he chose to do it on his own, (which he does not need to) would take less time than this mess now ...

Reactions: 4Everloved
Upvote 0

SunMessenger

Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
ok, im tired of arguing at the moment, ill go and paint something nice

God bless you all

and keep fighting brothers and sisters! I love you all!
Paint something about Jesus . God Bless You !

Upvote 0

AG

Hoping
May 18, 2007
Lm
✟13,336.00
Country
Mozambique
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
thats what i was wondering of...why is he doing it alone? this is a large thing, he should have associates working with him, like share holders or something.

I would gladly agree to be part of running CHRISTIAN forums... and not money wise, i just want to see more christians uniting in one place from all the world, its beautiful and its powerfull.

unfortunatelley i do not have knowledge nor finances to open my ofn site, but if there would be someone by my side, i would go all the way

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SunMessenger

Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
thats what i was wondering of...why is he doing it alone? this is a large thing, he should have associates working with him, like share holders or something.

I would gladly agree to be part of running CHRISTIAN forums... and not money wise, i just want to see more christians uniting in one place from all the world, its beautiful and its powerfull.

unfortunatelley i do not have knowledge nor finances to open my ofn site, but if there would be someone by my side, i would go all the way
He has several he has upset some. That can be forgiven too. He must concentrate on this once and for all and I know Our Lord will help him. Take Care I need to go too. God Bless.. Sun

Upvote 0

stumpjumper

Left the river, made it to the sea
Site Supporter
May 10, 2005
✟71,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In a world where God reveals certain truths independently of human rationalization (e.g. the resurrection appearances, which so many "Christians" today are willing to deny), no, all truth does not start out subjectively.

Sure they do.

A truth is not true for you if it did not start out with your subjective perception.

We are subjective creatures after-all ;)

Now we do need to move beyond that and make value judgments about whether or not that truth actually corresponds to what is real or, in essence, objectively true. But something is never true for you if you have not made it yours or part of your experiences and beliefs...

The thing is that the term "subjective" is not very helpful in these types of discussions because people don't see the distinction between a degree of subjectivity and what you might call wholesale subjectivity.
Well that's certainly true. But we can at least try.

Erwin used to make the point repeatedly that the Nicene Creed was not a judgment on non-Christians and the unorthodox, it was instead a positive affirmation of the orthodox belief of God. The Nicene Creed has always been an affirmation of the historical person of Christ, who as a historical person does not change.
He has made conflicting statements about that over the years and the majority of members, both Christian and non, looked upon the Nicene Creed as the determination (in a lowest common denominator sort of way) of who is and is not Christian.

It was the criteria for who could formerly post in the "Christians Only" section and it is that change on July 7th that was the main reason why many conservative members no longer wanted Christian Forums to be named "Christian Forums"...

Reactions: Glass*Soul
Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
He has several he has upset some. That can be forgiven too. He must concentrate on this once and for all and I know Our Lord will help him. Take Care I need to go too. God Bless.. Sun
Perhaps the Admins that resigned over this should be brought back if the old way is established once again and those who decided this should be done and convinced Erwin of that should be let go.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.