Results are only viewable after voting.

pyramid33

Mar 21, 2014
✟3,478.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm also quite happy with what the Bible says when it was written. It was interesting that fornication meant prostitution when when the KJV was written. Its been since the Elizabethan age that the definition of fornication was changed to premarital sex.
So I've not found anywhere that the Bible says per-marital sex is a sin.

Fortunately for those that prefer to not be sex hounds, premarital sex is a sin since it is of lust.

Still have no idea where the "elizabeth time's" junk came from. I suppose it's a trigger for those feeling guilty for fornicating.

Upvote 0

pyramid33

Mar 21, 2014
✟3,478.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wow that is spot on. Anyway from what I know and have read it is most certainly a sin, and Should not be condoned by any Christian. It will not be condoned by the Father or any true Christian.

It is true, lust isn't of God.

Upvote 0

Tammy

Dec 26, 2009
Kingsville, OH
Visit site
✟8,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Matt 5:28
I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart
1John 1:8
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Romans 3:23-24
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

I find it wearisome that so many seek to justify themselves by finding complicated arguments to attempt to prove that what they do is not sin. Are such people distrustful of God's promises? Do they think God would renege on His promises but be swayed by their rationalizations? Are they more interested in finding loopholes than in keeping the spirit of the law? As Jesus points out in the quote above, the standard for the keeping the law is higher than the OT's standard suggests rather than less stringent. We sin whenever we do a selfish thing. Fornication, no matter how broadly one cares to define it, is a sin because it is an act based upon self gratification rather than on selfless love. The good news is that God still loves you and will forgive you even if you sin. The bad news is if you insist that your sin is not sin you aren't asking for forgiveness.

Excellent post! Thank for sharing!

Upvote 0

Tammy

Dec 26, 2009
Kingsville, OH
Visit site
✟8,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1968 Prophecy by 90 Year Old Woman in Norway
"There will be a moral disintegration that old Norway has never experienced the likes of. People will live together like married without being married. (I do not believe the concept ‘co-habitor’? existed in 1968 - E. Minos.) Much uncleanness before marriage, and much infidelity in marriage will become the natural (the common), and it will be justified from every angle. It will even enter Christian circles and we pet it - even sin against nature.

And it isn't just Norway! It is the whole world! Thanks for sharing! :)

Upvote 0

Tammy

Dec 26, 2009
Kingsville, OH
Visit site
✟8,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Bible was not written in the Elizabethan age. If your looking for a statement that says "X (premarital sex , pediphilia, inappropriate contentography, etc.) is a sin" before you will accept that an act of pure self gratification is a sin, then you are looking for a loophole in the command to love God and love your neighbor as yourself. The OT contains 613 various rules that the Pharisees kept and considered themselves holy because they kept them to the letter of the law(including finding any loopholes they could). Jesus called those Pharissees hypocrites and said about them the following
Matthew 5:20
"For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."
He summed up the law in one sentence
Luke 10:27
"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself."
and removed the possibility of loopholes in so doing.

I am greatly encouraged to read some of the posts on this thread....so happy to see that there are still a few who are not afraid to hold the standard up and tell the truth! We are in the minority....but that is the way it has been always....so let's press together, encourage each other and continue on! Jesus is coming soon!

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by Tammy I'm glad I'm not where you are in your thinking...you have no foundation....your mind will find an excuse to commit any sin it takes a fancy to.

1Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.​

I'm sure she (Tammy) is happy with what "the Bible says" and so am I.

There are quite a few Christians who believe the Bible is the Word of God.
Meh. I'm happy to be in the camp of Christians who believe the Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit, but requires prayerful meditation and study to understand. It's impossible to take it as literal and unchanging if you've actually read it, since it has passages that contradict other passages.

Upvote 0
D

DiligentlySeekingGod

I am greatly encouraged to read some of the posts on this thread....so happy to see that there are still a few who are not afraid to hold the standard up and tell the truth! We are in the minority....but that is the way it has been always....so let's press together, encourage each other and continue on! Jesus is coming soon!

Amen. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Tammy

Dec 26, 2009
Kingsville, OH
Visit site
✟8,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Meh. I'm happy to be in the camp of Christians who believe the Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit, but requires prayerful meditation and study to understand. It's impossible to take it as literal and unchanging if you've actually read it, since it has passages that contradict other passages.

The contradictions are in your understanding, not in the Bible. God is the Author of the entire Bible, and He is not saying one thing in one place and the opposite in another...that would be "confusion"... So if there is an apparent contradiction, then we need to dig a little deeper.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The contradictions are in your understanding, not in the Bible. God is the Author of the entire Bible, and He is not saying one thing in one place and the opposite in another...that would be "confusion"... So if there is an apparent contradiction, then we need to dig a little deeper.

Yeah, I've heard this song before. It's a nice platitude, but it ain't true. Wanna try me?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tammy

Dec 26, 2009
Kingsville, OH
Visit site
✟8,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I've heard this song before. It's a nice platitude, but it ain't true. Wanna try me?
No, I'm not interested. Your mindset is that you don't WANT to see the truth, so I don't want to waste my time trying to convince you of the truth. Sorry...

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No, I'm not interested. Your mindset is that you don't WANT to see the truth, so I don't want to waste my time trying to convince you of the truth. Sorry...

Sounds like a dodge to get away from a reality you don't want to face to me. I tried to be a Biblical literalist when I was a teenager. It worked pretty well until I actually read it all the way through

Upvote 0

Unix

Hebr incl Sirach&epigraph, Hermeneut,Ptolemy,Samar
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
ECC,Torah:ModeCommenta,OTL,AY BC&RL,Seow a ICC Job
Visit site
✟139,217.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Almost 6 years ago, I met a woman who had had almost no sex, she was 36:
At 30 something.. If I run into a unmarried 30 something virgin woman I would be quite surprised myself.

For those who think it's a sin, I think You should consider that some who fornicate have extremely little sex. I've never understood the notion of getting a lot of sex during a lifetime. I'm being considerate (not seeing sex as a must), and very rarely meet women/girls who want to have a lot of sex and when in some kind of relationship usually a year passes between periods of having SOME - note SOME -sex with the woman.

No, the Bible is not old-fashioned but I didn't vote in the poll as the poll is black-and-white.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like a dodge to get away from a reality you don't want to face to me. I tried to be a Biblical literalist when I was a teenager. It worked pretty well until I actually read it all the way through

I've never met any pastor, priest, or theologian, Christian (Protestant or Catholic), Jewish, or Muslim who is willing to take "Song of Songs" strictly literally.

Upvote 0

Tammy

Dec 26, 2009
Kingsville, OH
Visit site
✟8,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've never met any pastor, priest, or theologian, Christian (Protestant or Catholic), Jewish, or Muslim who is willing to take "Song of Songs" strictly literally.

I'm not saying that EVERYTHING should be interpreted literally in the Bible....but we are not talking about EVERYTHING here...we are talking about fornication....and the Bible is clear....fornication is SIN. It is really pretty simple...you either believe the Bible and follow God's rules, or you don't believe the Bible and make your own rules. "As for me and my house....we will serve the Lord."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not saying that EVERYTHING should be interpreted literally in the Bible....but we are not talking about EVERYTHING here...we are talking about fornication....and the Bible is clear....fornication is SIN. It is really pretty simple...you either believe the Bible and follow God's rules, or you don't believe the Bible and make your own rules. "As for me and my house....we will serve the Lord."

Actually, I do agree that fornication is a sin. And, paradoxically, the way people in this thread are arguing that fornication is not a sin is by reading the scripture with uber-literalism, taking the words out of both immediate context and cultural context to define the words as narrowly and literally as possible.

Does anyone really think ancient Greek or Roman or Hebrew fathers were complacent with their unmarried daughters having sex willy-nilly with all the boys on the block? Does anyone really think Jesus or Paul or Peter were complacent with that? Really?

"Oh, but they considered women to be property of men."
"Oh, but their social system was set up so that couldn't happen."

Well, duh.

Yes, it was set up so that wouldn't happen. That's because they didn't want it to happen, and if it did happen, it automatically broke a whole succession of social rules with penalties almost guaranteed to make the boy unhappy for the rest of his life unless the girl was one he wanted to marry anyway.

Upvote 0

Tammy

Dec 26, 2009
Kingsville, OH
Visit site
✟8,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, I do agree that fornication is a sin. And, paradoxically, the way people in this thread are arguing that fornication is not a sin is by reading the scripture with uber-literalism, taking the words out of both immediate context and cultural context to define the words as narrowly and literally as possible.

Does anyone really think ancient Greek or Roman or Hebrew fathers were complacent with their unmarried daughters having sex willy-nilly with all the boys on the block? Does anyone really think Jesus or Paul or Peter were complacent with that? Really?

Well, duh.

Yes, it was set up so that wouldn't happen. That's because they didn't want it to happen, and if it did happen, it automatically broke a whole succession of social rules with penalties almost guaranteed to make the boy unhappy for the rest of his life unless the girl was one he wanted to marry anyway.
Thanks for your post!

Upvote 0

Unix

Hebr incl Sirach&epigraph, Hermeneut,Ptolemy,Samar
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
ECC,Torah:ModeCommenta,OTL,AY BC&RL,Seow a ICC Job
Visit site
✟139,217.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I proposed to the girl I mentioned in a post in this thread, the one which was 36 when I met her. We had known each other for almost 4 years. It was too soon. But anyway, she will never marry anyone. She wants to stay good friends with another man too whom she has known half her life but practically never had sex with and certainly never will:

Well, duh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nani-Day

Lambda 11
Dec 8, 2013
New York
✟1,600.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

:thumbsup::amen:

Reactions: Tammy
Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Indeed. Tell it to the "every jot and tittle" crowd, who've obviously never actually read the book in it's entirety.

Upvote 0