Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dwyane Wade on His Son Zion, 12, Attending Pride Parade: ‘My Job as a Father Is … to Support Them’
Dwyane Wade is opening up about supporting his son at a Miami Pride parade earlier this year.

In April, the 37-year-old NBA star shared photos of his son Zion Malachi Airamis, 12, with the child’s stepmom Gabrielle Union and other family members at the 11th annual Miami Beach Pride parade.

Zion held up a rainbow flag and heart in one snapshot with 17-year-old big brother Zaire Blessing Dwyane sporting a matching pin, a yellow tank top and sneakers and green shorts. “It’s a family thing,” Wade wrote on the photo.

“We support each other with Pride!” the basketball player captioned another snap.

“I don’t really talk about it much because it’s Zion’s story to tell,” Wade told Variety about the parade in a new interview. “I think as a family, we should support each other. That’s our job. And my job as a father is to facilitate their lives and to support them and be behind them in whatever they want to do.”

Wade also shared his advice for other parents during June, which is celebrated as Pride Montheach year.

“I think people expect you to parent each kid the same,” the athlete said. “They are all different, and I have to get to know them and where they are. I have to say to most parents, get to know your kids. Don’t put your wants and needs on them.”

“This is my job as a father,” Wade continued. “I’m very uneasy about accolades that come from supporting my kids or the negativity that comes from it. I’m doing what every parent has to do.”

“Once you bring kids into this world, you become unselfish,” he added. “It’s my job to be their role model, to be their voice in my kids’ lives, to let them know you can conquer the world. So, ‘Go and be your amazing self and we’re going to sit back and just love you.'”

I saw this on facebook and the few people that didnt show support were ganged up on by the majority of people commenting

Last edited:

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And a blind father as well that caters to his and his sons self needs instead of serving the Lord

He should be a better, more God-fearing father, like President Trump.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,036.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,528.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
And a blind father as well that caters to his and his sons self needs instead of serving the Lord

He had a lot to say
He had a lot of nothing to say
Ranting and pointing his finger
At everything but his heart
We'll miss him

Upvote 0