Aug 18, 2012
✟1,441,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another security official, who has served our country since 9/11, attempted to influence policy makers to make the right decisions....and ultimately failed. The 10 minute interview is worth a listen...

Elizabeth Neumann left her position as assistant secretary of counterterrorism and threat prevention after three years at DHS. In an interview with NPR's Steve Inskeep, she offers a candid assessment of the counterterrorism community's failure to address the threat posed by domestic extremism.

She says the administration is paving the way for even more violence.

The lifelong Republican voted for Trump in 2016, albeit, she says, "very reluctantly." She shared some of the concerns that others in national security had expressed publicly about his fitness for office but decided to join DHS with her nearly 20 years of experience in homeland security issues to help the new administration.

Former DHS Official: Trump Pouring 'Fuel On The Fire' Of Domestic Extremism

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Another security official, who has served our country since 9/11, attempted to influence policy makers to make the right decisions....and ultimately failed. The 10 minute interview is worth a listen...

Elizabeth Neumann left her position as assistant secretary of counterterrorism and threat prevention after three years at DHS. In an interview with NPR's Steve Inskeep, she offers a candid assessment of the counterterrorism community's failure to address the threat posed by domestic extremism.

The lifelong Republican voted for Trump in 2016, albeit, she says, "very reluctantly." She shared some of the concerns that others in national security had expressed publicly about his fitness for office but decided to join DHS with her nearly 20 years of experience in homeland security issues to help the new administration.

Heard her interview on NPR and she said she had “never voted for a Democrat” and voted for Mr. Trump in 2016.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟440,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

It's a weird day to post this.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟440,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Are you referring to the anniversary of Japan’s surrender?

Lol no...

The news began yesterday with a Antifa "commander" getting arrested for having a flamethrower....and ended with another Antifa murderer dying at the hands of police.

It doesn't make the article wrong...it's just odd. There's a lot of violent left wing extremists in the news the day the thread was made.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟440,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
...seems to me the DHS official was in a much better position to assess the volume of violence from either the Left or Right. Someone didn't listen to the interview.

She got into their counter terrorism unit in 2018....and she was out in 2019? She got a glimpse....that's it.

Her statement...

"If you look at the people that have been arrested for that, by and large, I mean, it's the boogaloo movement or it's an association with QAnon. It's the right side of the spectrum. It is not antifa." She's unequivocal about this: "The threat of domestic terrorism is not from antifa. It is from these right-wing movements."

She's pretty clearly wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...-flamethrower-cried-when-he-was-arrested/amp/

Michael Forest Reinoehl: Suspect in fatal Portland shooting killed during attempted arrest, US Marshals say - CNN

Reinoehl's sister, who asked that her name not be used, said in a statement that her "estranged" brother "believed that the country is going to war."

I think it's fair to say her assessment of Antifa is wrong. Perhaps her knowledge is too limited.

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,441,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it's fair to say her assessment of Antifa is wrong. Perhaps her knowledge is too limited.

...you're welcome to your opinion. Do you have any experience in DHS? If we are to weigh nearly 20 years working in various roles within DHS vs what? Someone who can google?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟440,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
...you're welcome to your opinion. Do you have any experience in DHS? If we are to weigh nearly 20 years working in various roles within DHS vs what? Someone who can google?

Here...lemme help you out...

"join DHS with her nearly 20 years of experience in homeland security issues."

And...

"Neumann saw signs of rising domestic extremism soon after she arrived at DHS in February 2017."

How long was she working in DHS? Not 20 years lol.

I don't know what 20 years of "homeland security issues" is....but if it was impressive or lent her more credibility, they'd explain it. Maybe she was part of her ROTC....maybe she did computer security. What I do know is NPR pulled the wool over your eyes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,441,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here...lemme help you out...

"join DHS with her nearly 20 years of experience in homeland security issues."

And...

"Neumann saw signs of rising domestic extremism soon after she arrived at DHS in February 2017."

How long was she working in DHS? Not 20 years lol.

I don't know what 20 years of "homeland security issues" is....but if it was impressive or lent her more credibility, they'd explain it. Maybe she was part of her ROTC....maybe she did computer security. What I do know is NPR pulled the wool over your eyes.

...and your experience is?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,441,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acting DHS secretary Wolf manipulated intelligence according to "a formal whistleblower complaint filed Tuesday with the inspector general of Homeland Security."

Murphy says there were multiple meetings this summer about downplaying the domestic threat posed by white supremacists, and focusing more on militant leftist movements like Antifa.

According to the document, Wolf and his deputy, Ken Cuccinelli, told Murphy to "modify intelligence assessments to ensure they matched up with the public comments by President Trump."

Murphy says he declined to do so. In a statement, Murphy's lawyer Mark Zaid said his client "followed proper lawful whistleblower rules in reporting serious allegations of misconduct against DHS leadership."

Whistleblower Alleges DHS Told Him To Stop Reporting On Russia Threat

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She got into their counter terrorism unit in 2018....and she was out in 2019? She got a glimpse....that's it.

Her statement...

"If you look at the people that have been arrested for that, by and large, I mean, it's the boogaloo movement or it's an association with QAnon. It's the right side of the spectrum. It is not antifa." She's unequivocal about this: "The threat of domestic terrorism is not from antifa. It is from these right-wing movements."

She's pretty clearly wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...-flamethrower-cried-when-he-was-arrested/amp/

Michael Forest Reinoehl: Suspect in fatal Portland shooting killed during attempted arrest, US Marshals say - CNN

Reinoehl's sister, who asked that her name not be used, said in a statement that her "estranged" brother "believed that the country is going to war."

More likely her political POV informs her decision making and she gladly gives herself over to her confirmation bias.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,441,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
More likely her political POV informs her decision making and she gladly gives herself over to her confirmation bias.

...such a claim could be made of any human being serving in an intelligence capacity. However, I find it far more likely that her politically appointed bosses where towing the White House political line....

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...such a claim could be made of any human being serving in an intelligence capacity. However, I find it far more likely that her politically appointed bosses where towing the White House political line....

I would prefer o be given the facts and arrive at my own conclusion based upon the data . Hearing politically motivated bureaucrat's opinions is not the way I want to come to a factual conclusion on any matter. Unfortunately the "intelligence " community along with the rest of the government bureaucracy doesn't want to allow the citizenry the opportunity to see the facts and to draw their own conclusions.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,441,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would prefer o be given the facts and arrive at my own conclusion based upon the data . Hearing politically motivated bureaucrat's opinions is not the way I want to come to a factual conclusion on any matter. Unfortunately the "intelligence " community along with the rest of the government bureaucracy doesn't want to allow the citizenry the opportunity to see the facts and to draw their own conclusions.

In other words, there is no need for classified information nor trust in public officials - most of whom - serve with the best intentions.

Upvote 0