Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How will you know if you are completely forgiven? I realize that all of my fears come from having OCD, including the fear of other people and what they think. Would that be a sin? Even though I believe I have been forgiven, I continue to sin. Why is that? I don't think that I "played around with God" or his "mercy" but my point is, do Christians sin daily? Is there a possibility that a believer doesn't sin in a day? What I mean is, if I were to listen to ungodly music one day like I did last night and shunned what God is saying. I was so wrapped up in the music that I did not fall asleep until way late in the morning. I realized that today I regretted listening to the music and I asked for forgiveness, but what if I messed up? How about if I have messed up over and over again? How do I truly repent? How do I stop sinning and is it possible for a Christian to stop sinning?

I see two issues going on here.
1. The modern church is trained to believe that we all have original sin as our very beings. That God sees us as diseased rats and hates the very sight of us. And what that creates is a sense of "why bother too much trying to be righteous because I AM sin and cannot help but sin?"
2. We are also trained to believe that even though we are no better than unbelievers, God filters out our sins and sees us as perfect. That is the perfect excuse to just keep breaking Jesus commands anyway.

This is just my observation. Not trying to undermine any church doctrines here. It's just what I have seen and heard my entire life.

Upvote 0