Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Verse please?

Acts 8

18 Now when Simon saw that the Spirit was given through the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money, 19 saying, “Give this authority to me as well, so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.” 20 But Peter said to him, “May your silver perish with you, because you thought you could acquire the gift of God with money! 21 You have no part or share in this matter, for your heart is not right before God. 22 Therefore, repent of this wickedness of yours, and pray to the Lord that, if possible, the intention of your heart will be forgiven you. 23 For I see that you are in the gall of bitterness and in the bondage of unrighteousness.” 24 But Simon answered and said, “Pray to the Lord for me yourselves, so that nothing of what you have said may come upon me.”

Upvote 0

John Mullally

Aug 5, 2020
Califormia
✟134,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I do believe that Salvation (being born again) comes to the Chosen. However limited free will kicks in from there, and our obedience determines our eternal reward.
I would label the Calvinist view and your view as Unconditional Election, in terms of God long ago dividing humanity into selected elect and non-elect camps, that is, fixed classes of sheep and goats.

Among many non-Calvinism Evangelicals, election can be labeled as Conditional Election, in which there are primarily two different views:
  1. The Wesleyan-Arminian “foresight of faith” model of Election and,
  2. the Corporate model of Election (my view)
In the Wesleyan model, by God’s eternal foreknowledge, all whom He found that will ever positively respond to the gospel and persevere in the faith, He foreordained as members of “the elect.”

As for the Corporate model, the foundation is that Jesus Christ is the Elect One, resulting that all who come to be “in Him,” that is, identified with Him in His body and as His bride, jointly share in His election, and hence believers in Him may rightly also be called “the elect” or favored. In other words, Corporate Election is a class election of Christ’s family, and for His part, He would like to see everyone in it, which He made possible at Calvary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0