Just trying to figure everything out.
Oct 23, 2008
Texas
✟8,296.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
1. How did you meet? One of my friends from college invited me to her wedding. I hadn't seen her in a long time but just decided to go anyway. My current guy was the groom's brother and we hit it off really well at the wedding.

2. How long have you KNOWN each other? As long as we've been dating which is nearly 3.5 years.

3. How long have you been in a relationship? 3.5 years

4. How long have you been in a long distance relationship? Our first year and a half of dating he was in Colorado and I was in Texas. We had a six month period of him and I being in the same city, so that was nice. Currently we live about an hour and a half away from each other.

5. How often do you talk or otherwise communicate with each other? What forms of communication do you use? Usually everyday by phone.

6. How far away do you live from each other? Approximately 90 miles from each other.

7. How often do you get to see each other, and for how long? It depends on how busy we both are. At best, once a week, at worst maybe once a month.

8. Do you have your own little rituals when you do get to see each other? We usually hang out, play video games, and watch movies. I don't think we have any rituals per se.

9. What has been the most difficult thing you've had to deal with as part of a long distance couple? The times when I really needed somebody to lean on yet he wasn't there. I miss the closeness of just being around each other. That gets frustrating.

10. Would you do it over again had you known how it would be? Definitely.

Upvote 0

JesusFreak2008

Living Life To Its Fullest Each Day, Praising God
May 1, 2008
Mentor on the Lake, Ohio
Visit site
✟9,377.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
1. How did you meet?

We met on another forum called Warrior Cadet forum. I received a PM from someone named Carson, and thought that he (Jason, his un was StormCrow) was the one who messaged me, and so I messaged him back, and we clicked from there. We told our parents we met at a school in North Carolina so they wouldn't flip out, because of the whole online dating/meeting thing.

2. How long have you KNOWN each other? Since August 16th 2006

3. How long have you been in a relationship? Since August 16th 2006

4. How long have you been in a long distance relationship? We were in a long distance relationship from August 16th 2006 until June 16th 2007. It was the hardest thing in my life second to birthing our daughter, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone else.

5. How often do you talk or otherwise communicate with each other? What forms of communication do you use? When we were in a LDR, we talked hourly, via texting, cell phone, landline, IM, video chat and skype. Constant communication is the key to making these relationships work. We actually used to fall asleep on the phone together, because it made us feel closer to each other.

6. How far away do you live from each other? At the time, I lived in New Hampshire, and he lived in Miami, Florida.

7. How often do you get to see each other, and for how long?

We only saw each other for two weeks for my senior prom and high scho0ol graduation. Which was from May 24th 2007 to June 10th 2007. I cried when he left, but a week later, we were together forever!

8. Do you have your own little rituals when you do get to see each other?

Nope, not to my knowledge...

9. What has been the most difficult thing you've had to deal with as part of a long distance couple?

The trust and definatly the core components of the relationship. i.e. touching, holding hands, kissing, the emotional intimate stuff, and not seeing each other.

10. Would you do it over again had you known how it would be? Definatly.

(p.s. for those who wonder, we completed our LDR on June 16th 2007, when I moved in with him and we have been living together ever since. Our beautiful daughter was born June 25th 2009)

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For those of you in a Long Distance Relationship, I'd like to hear your responses to all of these questions:

1. How did you meet?
2. How long have you KNOWN each other?
3. How long have you been in a relationship?
4. How long have you been in a long distance relationship?
5. How often do you talk or otherwise communicate with each other? What forms of communication do you use?
6. How far away do you live from each other?
9. What has been the most difficult thing you've had to deal with as part of a long distance couple?
10. Would you do it over again had you known how it would be?

1. We met on Christian Forums and then we met in real life when I took a bus to see him.
2. We've known each other about 2 or 3 years.
3. We've been in a relationship on and off for over a year.
4. We've been in a long distance relationship for the same amount of time.
5. We talk every day using the internet. We also talk on the phone sometimes.
6. We live 600 miles from each other.
7. We have typically seen each other about once a year but will be seeing each other much more often soon.
8. Nope.
9. Dealing with the distance.
10. In an instant!

Upvote 0

yourstylist42

Oct 31, 2009
South Florida
✟7,643.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
1. How did you meet? At a track meet in middle school
2. How long have you KNOWN each other? 7 yrs
3. How long have you been in a relationship? off and on about 2 yrs
4. How long have you been in a long distance relationship? forever
5. How often do you talk or otherwise communicate with each other? everyday What forms of communication do you use? phone
6. How far away do you live from each other? 24 hr drive 1600 miles
7. How often do you get to see each other, and for how long? i saw him for the first time in 4 yrs 2 weeks ago and it was like we were never apart
9. What has been the most difficult thing you've had to deal with as part of a long distance couple? just missing his presence
10. Would you do it over again had you known how it would be? yes. i would have not had it any other way. the times that we were not together i learned so much about myself and i believe its enabled me to build aa stronger relationship with him. i know we can withstand almost anything

Upvote 0

Kembomani

Nov 4, 2009
✟15,156.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
1. How did you meet?
high School
10+ years
5 Years 20 days
More than half the relationship
5. How often do you talk or otherwise communicate with each other? What forms of communication do you use?
Every Day. MSN text messages
Contenents
Week in winter Week in fall and all of summer
Lots of cuddling
Being apart.
Yes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Starcradle

Senior Contributor
Jan 16, 2004
✟7,143.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
1. How did you meet?

We met during a family vacation to Mexico in 1977. We were a year old.

Thirty-two years.

A romantic relationship--almost one year. However, we have loved one another since we were five.

The entirety of our romance.

Multiple times each day: phone, chat, email.

We live in distinct countries, although that will be changing soon.

We were recently reunited following 15 lengthy years of physical separation.

Our next encounter will be permanent.

Such wondrous matters are private. :)

The reality that a vital part of my heart and soul are missing when he is not present.

Absolutely. No other man exists for me, I am completely and utterly his.

Upvote 0

Windmill

Legend
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2004
New Zealand
Visit site
✟38,797.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Our long distance is permanently over, we just got married today!!!
Oh that is such good news. I read your posts and have felt so pained over how much time you two have spent in distance in love. That is awesome :clap:

Upvote 0

citizenthom

I'm not sayin'. I'm just sayin'.
Nov 10, 2009
✟12,912.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For those of you in a Long Distance Relationship, I'd like to hear your responses to all of these questions:

1. How did you meet?

1. We went to high school together (I graduated two years ahead of her). Her sister is my best female friend, and her brother-in-law is one of my best friends.

2. 8-9 years.

3. As far as the "relationship" label goes? Around a month now. But we've been close friends (with gaps) for eight years, and we've dated before now a couple times.

4. Around a month now.

5. We talk by phone daily and occasionally text. We also send each other funny little flirty things on Facebook. Those are fun.

6. 4.5-5 hours.

7. I'm back home every 2-3 weeks these days, and I'll be there all of Christmas Break, so relatively frequently.

8. Right now, we're making our way through The West Wing. I also take her to dinner whenever she's working 1-9.

9. I'm a physical touch person, so I tend to be pretty clingy when I haven't seen her for a while. We're also both better face-to-face talkers.

10. Absolutely.

Upvote 0

Y92

May 24, 2005
Syracuse, NY
Visit site
✟7,918.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
First off I havent been on here in YEARS. Secondly, an amendment to my earlier post in this thread: I would do it again (even though that relationship did not work out) but I would do so with a very different outlook on it than before. It's very challenging but it can be worth it IF you have the personality and the patience for it, and of course a good heart. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1. How did you meet?
Through a free christian dating site.

Just under a year.

Just under 11 months.

Same as above.

It used to be every day for a few hours. But since she lost her job from having TB, she can't afford the internet to much so sometimes she can only get on once or twice a week. Usually around Sundays.

We mainly use Facebook. But when she gets to a better connection like a cafe we use Skype or Facebook Cameras to talk to each other. Which often leaves me crying because I am totally mushy. Literally within a minute of seeing her on cam I touch the screen and break into joyful tears. ^.^ Of course it doesn't help when she sings love songs in English for me. lol

We also have hand written art/letters for each other and scanned them and sent them to each other on Facebook. Mainly because sending actual letters takes months and cost $50 each time. >.<

I believe the exact number is 8,215 miles. I'm in Ohio, USA. Shes in Philippines (island below Manila).

We don't get to see each other in person...not yet at least because of the cost.

We always greet with hugs and kisses. Typical relationship stuff like how we are doing, and prayer requests...etc. When shes offline I send her messages full of love and do art/poetry for her. Which she loves seeing when she logs on! ^.^

Well not so much the distance as much as the not being able to physically hold each other. Just to be able to hold her in my arms would feel so good. ::sighs:: We both know often LDR's go sour not because the people don'e love each other, but because without physically being there sometimes couples feel bored.

Its why we pray every day that God keeps our bond/love strong. We've promised to God that we would never leave each other and be as patience as we can, even if it were to take 10 years. Although we are getting married in 3 months (hopefully).

Yes I would. Having been shown by God she is the one, it makes everything in my life worth it. All the pain, all the injuries and suffering I've gone through....I'd do it 1,000 times over to be with her! :)

I personally think if you want to test yourself and your faith in God you should try a LDR. The test every ounce of faith, strength, willpower, love, patience....etc. They say 50% of LDR's don't last because something gives way like that. I always believed I could handle a LDR. But when I heard where she was from I did panic because all the things involved were overwhelming.

Especially since I am disabled and don't get much a month. By my math it would have taken around 9 years for me to have enough saved to see here, marry her, afford passports and shots...etc. But by Gods love and blessings it isn't taking that long at all. We've known each other just under a year and are getting married in Feb 2013 thanks to God! We feel like a blessed couple! :)

Upvote 0