For the most part - Kosher (split from TTNMJWFTF)

ChazakEmunah

Emunah Sh'liach
Feb 7, 2007
Texas
Visit site
✟10,114.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Would you like my bran muffin recipe? Sweetened with pureed prunes?
Actually, I would love your Bran muffin recipe (without the prunes). My wife used to make them all the time before we really started keeping kosher, and now she can't find substitutes for what she was using.

Reactions: Talmidah
Upvote 0

Talmidah

היום כולם יודעים - הרב כהנא צדק
Dec 15, 2003
Visit site
✟32,660.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Actually, I would love your Bran muffin recipe (without the prunes). My wife used to make them all the time before we really started keeping kosher, and now she can't find substitutes for what she was using.
What was she using that isn't kosher?

Reactions: Torah613
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Torah613

Frum in the Chood yo!
Dec 29, 2005
Kansas
✟18,638.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Bran Flakes from Kellogs. You know the one with the "K" that they think makes it kosher?
Oy, I hate the ubiquoutous K! i see a recipee I want to make, and all I can get for the ingrediants is stuff with the K. its absolutely infuriating.

yochanan

Upvote 0

Talmidah

Dec 15, 2003
Visit site
✟32,660.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Oy, I hate the ubiquoutous K! i see a recipee I want to make, and all I can get for the ingrediants is stuff with the K. its absolutely infuriating.

yochanan
Seriously, look at my reply to Chazak. For Kellogg's cereals, the "K" is fine! :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Talmidah

Dec 15, 2003
Visit site
✟32,660.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Bran Flakes from Kellogs. You know the one with the "K" that they think makes it kosher?
Really Chazak? Good news! If you guys accept star K certification then she can keep using it! The plain "K" is reliable for Kellogg's only on their cereals. It is under the Vaad of Boston, and is accepted by Star K. Of course check with your rav, everyone here eats Kellogg's and they are sold in the kosher market with just the "K".

Upvote 0

Torah613

Frum in the Chood yo!
Dec 29, 2005
Kansas
✟18,638.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks! Its hard round these parts as the only one I know I can trust is OU and there's not that much of it around (at least the stuff thats certified taht also fits my vegan diet). I usually give myself neck cramps from checking fresh vegetables and fruits.

Yochanan

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Talmidah

Dec 15, 2003
Visit site
✟32,660.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Thanks! Its hard round these parts as the only one I know I can trust is OU and there's not that much of it around (at least the stuff thats certified taht also fits my vegan diet). I usually give myself neck cramps from checking fresh vegetables and fruits.

Yochanan
Try a lightbox. It really helps!

Upvote 0

Torah613

Frum in the Chood yo!
Dec 29, 2005
Kansas
✟18,638.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
???

what on earth are you guys talking about
When eating fresh vegetables and fruits, observant Jews will check extensivly for bugs as these would render them non-kosher. thus making a fresh salad can take alot of time. However, there are some companies that will put out bags of produce that have been certified Kosher. I have only read about these as their not available in the local area.

A light box, is an object similar to what is used to check X-rays. To use it you turn it on, and then place a leaf of lettuce or whathave you on top and can check in a period of a few seconds for bugs.

I having limited electrical outlets in my tiny kicthen hold the piece of produce up to the light and inspect it for bugs. This is timeconsuming, not to mention bad on the neck.

Yochanan

Reactions: Talmidah
Upvote 0

Meshavrischika

for Thy greater honor and glory
Jun 12, 2007
OK
✟43,103.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
When eating fresh vegetables and fruits, observant Jews will check extensivly for bugs as these would render them non-kosher. thus making a fresh salad can take alot of time. However, there are some companies that will put out bags of produce that have been certified Kosher. I have only read about these as their not available in the local area.

A light box, is an object similar to what is used to check X-rays. To use it you turn it on, and then place a leaf of lettuce or whathave you on top and can check in a period of a few seconds for bugs.

I having limited electrical outlets in my tiny kicthen hold the piece of produce up to the light and inspect it for bugs. This is timeconsuming, not to mention bad on the neck.

Yochanan
wow. i'm speechless

Upvote 0

Talmidah

Dec 15, 2003
Visit site
✟32,660.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private

Yochanan

Yeah....what he said.

And I can empathize with you about the lack of outlets. We are always having to plug/unplug stuff when we want to use them. We have two electrical outlets and almost no counter space.

Upvote 0