Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
She rubs my belly when I eat too much :)
Ugh. I would love that. I mean, what do you do when you've eaten yourself sick and nothing can console you? It's horrible.
Funny how both contributions involved food, though. Maybe it's true after all and the surest way to a man's heart is through his stomach. :D :hug:
Are you kidding me? Make me lots of good food, and I will mow the lawn, pull weeds, milk the cows, hose down the elephants, whatever it takes!
Scratch my head and I'll melt!
That makes me go out quicker than tylenol pm.
Some tips from charmingthebirdsfromthetrees.blogspot.com
Plan menus that consist of his favorite foods.
Stop what you are doing and listen to him when he talks to you.
Think of daily ways to ease his burden.
Leave him a little love note.
Take time to do your hair, makeup, and clothing.
Keep a clean and organized home.
Do your work without complaining or looking for praise.
Fix him a snack.
Call him unexpectedly.
Make sure that you stock up on products he needs (razors, shampoo, post-it notes, etc.).
Pick out a little treat for him while running errands.
Make creative and delicious breakfasts and lunches.
Pray for him.
Teach your children to appreciate, admire, and respect him.
Do not allow anyone to speak poorly of him.
Make his favorite dessert as a surprise.
Wear feminine and pretty pajamas.
Shave your legs and be sure to smell good.
Keep him in mind while decorating.
Try not to nag.
Say "yes" much more often then "not tonight."
Let him fight your battles and thank him for it.
Encourage him to rest.
Let him pick the movie.
Sprinkle feminine touches through out the house.
Smile more.
Encourage his manly side and increase your feminine side.
Put him before your children.
Like I said, food. And femininity is good. And I will reciprocate, well not with femininity, unless requested. ^_^ I've always wanted to have a reason to wear cologne. I wear it occasionally, but don't usually, because my after-shave is scented, and the smells might clash. But even when I do, I don't know which one to wear, although I do have a few preferences. It would be nice to have a woman around to tell me which stuff smells the best though. That would take a lot of pressure off the decision-making area of my brain.
I could add that hubby likes it when I scratch his feet? Is that weird??
Scratching feet is good, except that my feet are extremely ticklish. Come to think about it, any female contact/cuddling in general is appreciated, like if I was washing the dishes, and she snuck up behind me and put her arms around me. That would be nice. Yes, I do dishes. I also know how to cut grass, with pushing style and riding style mowers. *oooh, aaaah* :bow:

Upvote 0

faerieevaH

lucky wife
Dec 27, 2003
USA
✟28,950.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you kidding me? Make me lots of good food, and I will mow the lawn, pull weeds, milk the cows, hose down the elephants, whatever it takes!
contemplates sending some of her homemade food over to see Caedmon hose down an elephant....

Upvote 0

Called2Grace

My body, my birth my choice!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2005
Australia
✟49,719.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
Yes, I do dishes. I also know how to cut grass, with pushing style and riding style mowers. *oooh, aaaah* :bow:

I can use a lawn mower too!! I have only ever used it twice in my entire life and both times since I've been married. My father has this idea that women shouldn't use the mower (or chainsaw) which makes hubby feel guilty whenever I do it.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Wow, Mike. Is that supposed to be a joke? I can't believe that that's all that matters to you in your relationship with your wife or that that represents the sum of her worth to you. That's so disappointing...and not what I expected to hear from a Catholic husband.

Someone tell me I'm missing the punchline. Please.

No Joke. You asked what makes me feel special and I replied honestly. I'm sorry that I don't at all care about things like getting to pick what chanel we watch on TV or what movies we watch. We really don't watch TV or movies very much. I'll try to be a better Catholic husband for you from now on.

Upvote 0

Andy Broadley

quam pulchra es amica mea quam pulchra
Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟535,043.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I noticed that there were just us girls sharing our romantic stories in the other thread...things that guys did for gals.

What about you guys? I know you're from a different planet and all...but what does your lady do that makes you feel special? In a manly way, of course. ;):holy:

:) Everything:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

As David said...she just ....is:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
She just is.

But recently. I was having a bad day. And then to top everything off I forgot my lunch.

We both work at the Library but in different units. But our schedules are almost exactly the same except Nicolle is one hour earlier than me.

So I go on lunch at 5pm and at my desk is lunch. Not just any lunch, but all my favorites from downtown.

That's what she spent her lunch doing. Because she knew it would make my day and I was having a bad one.

Good thing, I only had to walk about 300 feet to go tell her that she indeed had made my day and that I love her for that and everyhitng else that makes her...just her.
Are you a Librarian , by chance? :scratch:

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'm not married, but I am in a relationship. I try to be gentleman to my Lady. Tell her, I love her. Give her lots of hugs, and many loving kisses! I take her to out to restaurants, and to either a movie, or bowling, ---and lately walking in the park, when I can. I don't really care all that much what I'm doing on a date, only that I'm with her! And I tell her that the only thing that matters, is that I'm with her!---And that's the best part! :blush:Hey, what can I say, I'm a romantic at heart!:D

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Wow, Mike. Is that supposed to be a joke? I can't believe that that's all that matters to you in your relationship with your wife or that that represents the sum of her worth to you. That's so disappointing...and not what I expected to hear from a Catholic husband.

Someone tell me I'm missing the punchline. Please.
Just for fun, place your cursor over Mikek's avatar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.