✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Course you did.

How about the first time you shaved your face?

How about when you were a teenager and you were dieing for that one piece of facial hair and then either you shaved it, and by shaving you felt like a 'man' or you decided to let whatever part grow out just so you can have that part of your facial hair showing.

It certainly was a major man moment when I first realized I had to do something about the hair on my face. I opted to trim instead of shave.

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It certainly was a major man moment when I first realized I had to do something about the hair on my face. I opted to trim instead of shave.
Same here.

A close friend of mine when I was in middle school, he taught me how to shave. So there we had a 'bro' moment.

And then in middle school, I was sporting a full mustache so that was even better.

Now I went the full nine with the facial hair. Screw getting rid of it. The only times I trim it up is when I want my mutton chops showing better and my neck cleaned up.

Upvote 0

Deacon

Oct 16, 2003
Bartlett, Tennessee
✟3,206.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A close friend of mine when I was in middle school, he taught me how to shave. So there we had a 'bro' moment.

A bro moment, more like a "gay" moment LOL (this me ribbing you...don't take offense to it.)...

Umm, fixing a tire, squatting 700lbs for the first time, benching 500 lbs for the first time, power cleaning 350 for the first time, deadlifting 800 lbs for the first time...kissing my first girlfriend for the first time.

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
A bro moment, more like a "gay" moment LOL (this me ribbing you...don't take offense to it.)...

Umm, fixing a tire, squatting 700lbs for the first time, benching 500 lbs for the first time, power cleaning 350 for the first time, deadlifting 800 lbs for the first time...kissing my first girlfriend for the first time.
He didn't shave me...

^_^

Upvote 0

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Course you did.

How about the first time you shaved your face?

How about when you were a teenager and you were dieing for that one piece of facial hair and then either you shaved it, and by shaving you felt like a 'man' or you decided to let whatever part grow out just so you can have that part of your facial hair showing.
Ah, yeah. Nothing more jarring than the combination of auburn red hair and a strangely even growth of blonde facial hair. At least for the first couple years there. Looking back I have no idea how I was able to stand that, let alone let it grow out for 3 weeks at a time.

Which reminds me of something else...Dry Shaving. With a regular disposable razor, not an electric.

Cleaning up nice for Valentine's Day during High School, which I did every year from Sophomore through Senior year (and I think I even might have in Freshman year, not sure), even though I wasn't in a relationship.

Snapping tree branches barehanded with ease and tearing my knuckles up whilst not feeling any pain because I was doing it in a fit of rage.

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Give us your man moments that you experience. It can either be with your male friends, female friends or just by yourself in whatever manner it is.

Hmm.

When I can help a female find what they need, or do something of small service (say for instance, on their car)

Playing Bach on the piano

Making beer from scratch

Servicing my own vehicle

Making a female laugh

Being assertive without aggressive

When she breathily says "don't...dooon't...stop" ^_^ = Exploding with manliness

Upvote 0

Reborn_in_Christ2003

May 10, 2004
Whiteman AFB
✟8,911.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Working on cars.
Anytime I load a bomb. Please don't call the cops, it's my job in the AF. ^_^
Pushing my 2000lb GVW toolbox around at work because no one wants to help.
Helping a girl to the car.
Holding a door for a girl.
You get the idea.
What's really funny is a couple weeks ago my best friend got married, and I helped A LOT with getting stuff ready for the wedding, and one of the bridesmaids kept bragging on me because of how helpful I was, and my manners, and saying how someday I would find the right girl and make her extremely happy because I was a really great guy. :blush:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kingoffools13

Jun 14, 2007
PA
✟12,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
few times a month we get together just a few of us, go out on the balcony at night, enjoy a few cigars, a round of what we like to call Tennessee Margaritas (straight Jack Daniels), and have man talk (largely about lady folk).

K
O
f

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟383,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Talking shop with a coworker who's a fellow car guy, pulling a full sized washer and dryer up to a second floor apartment by myself, nephews asking if there's another fist behind my beard (they say it makes me look like Chuck Norris, despite the fact that it's only a Van Dyke), friends/family/coworkers/users asking if I can fix their technical gadgets, women requesting assistance either getting things that they cant reach or moving items that things can't lift, realizing that my tool collection is still growing and I really need a workbench etc.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
few times a month we get together just a few of us, go out on the balcony at night, enjoy a few cigars, a round of what we like to call Tennessee Margaritas (straight Jack Daniels), and have man talk (largely about lady folk).

K
O
f

I used to do that with my friends, 'cept we would go to a local pool dive for the cigars, and then somewhere else for drinks.

Now I'm the only one of my friends who isn't married, so that doesn't happen anymore. :sigh:

Upvote 0

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Finishing Basic Training and Advanced Individual Training.

Going on combat patrols in Iraq.

Blowing stuff up.

Dancing with a girl.

Holding a girl close.

See I love reading, "dancing with a girl" some guys think its not manly enough.

I think I don't belong in this thread. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0