Mar 9, 2002
southwestern michigan
Visit site
✟7,976.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
wow, my first post in 4 years! i don't even know my way aroundhere much anymore..

anyways.. alot has happened to me in the area of romance, but now i feel like sincei am single again my attitude towards romance has changed and sorta become sour.. like its over rated and not really real if that makes sense?

Reactions: edie19
Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
wow, my first post in 4 years! i don't even know my way aroundhere much anymore..

anyways.. alot has happened to me in the area of romance, but now i feel like sincei am single again my attitude towards romance has changed and sorta become sour.. like its over rated and not really real if that makes sense?

If by that you mean stuff like roses and fancy dinners and the like then yes, I get it. Is that kind of what you were referring to?

Upvote 0

mxpxchrist_chic

post-it notes are sticky!
Mar 9, 2002
southwestern michigan
Visit site
✟7,976.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If by that you mean stuff like roses and fancy dinners and the like then yes, I get it. Is that kind of what you were referring to?

yeah, just mostly like the cheesy romance.. like flowers, notes,.. i'd rather have actual presents, not to sound materialistic, or just a nice time doing something together, like going to a baseball game! orvideo games or four wheeling, tennis..i'm not very girly sometimes lol my idea of a good time is doing stuff together. but yeah, sometimes candles and dinner is nice. haven't experienced it in a long time..

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
OK, I know...weird question. But I am bored.

One of the most romantic things I experienced was a date had made us a picnic, laid out a blanket and we watched the sun set over a lake. Then we enjoyed the stars for awhile! And the best part (and most simple) when I was cold...he took off his jacket and slipped it over my shoulders. Sometimes...I wish I could put life on pause. :thumbsup:

Now your turn ladies and gentlemen...:)

Sitting outside with a candle in a wine bottle and have it lit.

Taking long walks out in the country.

Hold the one I want in a swing and swing while we just hold each other and don't say anything.

Hugging and holding each other in the rain and basically standing in a rain puddle in the church parking lot in the back of the church.

Upvote 0

SearchingWisdom

Jun 29, 2009
✟15,770.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
:)

When I had my teeth out this winter, I was out of classes for over a week and on a rotation of some seriously hardcore painkillers that really threw me for a loop. Well, one day I woke up and thought I had a dream where I heard the door open and someone walk into the kitchen. In what I thought was the dream, I heard the person come over to me in the living room (I was laying on the couch) and say my name a few times. I thought I dreamt that I felt them brush the hair around forehead out of my face with their hand.

When I woke up later, I went into the kitchen to find a card that said, "Get well soon, okay? Love, me" from my best friend. He also brought me a bar of my favorite candy with a note that said, "For when you're feeling better."

Had it been in a different context, it would have been the most sweet and romantic thing ever. His future wife will be a very, very lucky woman. :)

That is romantic even if you are just friends!! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

metherion

Veteran
Aug 14, 2006
✟13,623.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Back when I still had a job I had to get up at like 5:30 am and be on the bus by 6:15 am. This was from October to December so sunup wasn't till like 7-something am.

So what I would do is text my GF's cell going..

"Hey love, I'm on the bus and I'm watching the sun rise, and thinking just how much prettier you are than the rising sun."

Might not have been the exact words but you get the idea.

She'd wake up later and the first thing she'd see was that text from me. I'd do this every so often.

Metherion

Upvote 0

Kirisutokyoo-shinja

Stage Ninja
Dec 8, 2002
Charlotte, NC
✟18,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

HEY THERE!

Glad you're back :)

and this sourness... we'll have to work on that.

Community

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Back when I still had a job I had to get up at like 5:30 am and be on the bus by 6:15 am. This was from October to December so sunup wasn't till like 7-something am.

So what I would do is text my GF's cell going..

"Hey love, I'm on the bus and I'm watching the sun rise, and thinking just how much prettier you are than the rising sun."

Might not have been the exact words but you get the idea.

She'd wake up later and the first thing she'd see was that text from me. I'd do this every so often.

Metherion
For some reason that reminds me of what my highschool sweetheart and I used to do. I mean its different of course because back then, cellphones was the rich kids or so it seemed.

I'd warn her, but sometimes not make a set plan and at times make it a set plan that I would be at her window knocking around 5:30amish, so her and I could go and have breakfast together.

I had to knock on her bedroom window because her family of course was asleep and I couldn't call her, or go to the main door.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mxpxchrist_chic

post-it notes are sticky!
Mar 9, 2002
southwestern michigan
Visit site
✟7,976.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's romantic when she rubs my feet after I come back sweaty from a soccer game. :p

Seariously though, I think I suck in the romantic department. :sorry:

haha.. thats awesome.. sometimes i feel like thats totally my view of it. just the things that the other person will do for you... sacrifices.

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
To me, when a man plans out an evening of things to do that he knows that you would enjoy... is very romantic. Even moreso if he does not enjoy some of the things you do. You know that a man loves you when he is willing to share in the things that you love, even if it brings him some discomfort - or boredom - at the mere thought of it... because he knows that he will have a good time as long as he is with you. *reminisce*

Then, you can always make it up to him by doing likewise... erm, if his activities are not too scary, that is. :sorry:

Upvote 0

Yankees7

ora pro nobis
Feb 16, 2009
Anchorage, Alaska
✟15,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Circa 2007, Valentines Day, I get a 9pm res at one of the better restaurants in Norfolk… Wearing a suit (obviously), equipped with a very nice pair of diamond earrings I had purchased that afternoon. Her earrings looked awesome; you could see the sparkle from across the room. Her food took a little too long and she requested the manager over to complain, this was triggered by a little too much wine on her part. Very romantic lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Redstiletto

It's just me, always has been, always will be.
Mar 31, 2005
✟68,512.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I find little things extremely romantic.

Slipping his hand into mine while we are walking, or watching a movie.

Laying on a blanket under the stars, or even in teh afternoon staring up at hte clouds.

Forehead kisses

picking wild flowers and making bouquets or crowns.

just the little things.

Upvote 0

canehdianhotstuff

I pour water into acid, I'm crazy like that.
Dec 29, 2003
Pembroke, ON
✟12,820.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
I find little things extremely romantic.

Slipping his hand into mine while we are walking, or watching a movie.

Laying on a blanket under the stars, or even in teh afternoon staring up at hte clouds.

Forehead kisses

picking wild flowers and making bouquets or crowns.

just the little things.

Ya, I would need a blanket at night, mosquitos love me!

Upvote 0