Not open for further replies.

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
When that happens to me I immediately start picturing the person as Mr. Peanut. GIANT WALKING TALKING NUT. I will soon and suddenly see lots of Mr. Peanuts.......this I prophesy (?sp?)

mr_peanut.png

Thank you for that . It may be the image in my mind everytime I hear about one in the news .

Upvote 0

JAS4Yeshua

Servant of the Lord
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Marina, California
Visit site
✟64,964.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
public class Prophet
{
public String opinon;
private int TimeAbandonmentThreshold;
private int TestAbandonmentThreshold;

public Prophet( String Opinion, int TimeThreshold, int TestThreshold )
{
opinon = Opinion;
TimeAbandonmentThreshold = TimeThreshold;
TestAbandonmentThreshold = TestThreshold;
}
public void Prophesy( TimeStamp TimeOfCompletion )
{
int Testometer = 0;
ForumThread ProphecyThread = new ForumThread();
while(true)
{
int TimeUntilCompletion = DateDiff( days, GetCurrentDate(), TimeOfCompletion )
ProphecyThread.Thump("Thus saith the Lord:");
ProphecyThread.Thump(opinion);

if( ProphecyThread.ProphecyTested )
{
Testometer++;
ProphecyThread.Thump("He said in the last days there would always be scoffers! But in " + TimeUntilCompletion + " days, you'll be sorry!");
}
if( TimeUntilCompletion <= TimeAbandonmentThreshold || Testometer > TestAbandonmentThreshold )
break;
}
ProphecyThread.RequestClosure();
Forget();
opinion = AdjustOpinionToCurrentEvents(opinion);
}
}

I don't know what's scarier... the fact that you took the time to type that all out, or the fact that I understood it all! :D

:cool:
I completely understood it as well. Hilarious! :D

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You are not alone my friend. Too often people have opinions that they try to wrap in a mantle of it being from God. I get pretty frustrated that we cannot question something because the person that gave it believes it is from God.
I get words all the time for people, and I DESIRE to be held accountable to the truth of what I believe God is saying.

Hi Ben, such a definite statement of your inference of people who have "opinions" and it does appear to be unkind.

I pray that your opinion of me isn’t in a similar unbecoming inference, after all the only discussion I’ve ever had with you, you have said to me that you disagree with all I say. And at no time have you ever made any sensible comment on anything of your disagreement, but some form of wit.

Interesting to note, is it because I am an Aussie?

Mate, just because a person who has insight, discernment, and commonsense; and they believe they had a “REVELATION” shouldn’t be inferred as a “weirdo”.

I haven’t come across anyone on SF/Char forum who posted and said that it has come from God; and if I did I wouldn’t read too much into it.

What you seem to see, I don't see, because I believe that all who post have their differences of “opinion”, and that just being normal a normal human being, not a “weirdo”. And I never get personal either, even thought many of my Aussie terms are taken in the wrong way, and I get slam-dunked by the powers.

I do find that “pettiness” can be an overpowering attitude by some who do post.

But, I did notice your attitude toward a person who made a statement of inference that they believe that they had a REVELATION from God, which to me was straightforward view, and commonsense.

You have an opinion that you are expressing right now, so what makes your opinion right???

I noticed unbecoming "tag" on one particular article, and you were giving the OP a hard time, and I was led to believe that you put that "tag" on that thread. Did you?

I find all the people on this forum okay, including you, and I have no grudge against anyone, after we are humans and all have opinions; but I have noticed that some do tend to get personal.

I find it hard to get involved in any of the discussions and to express my views because of the time difference. But, I do find it also that many are rude when I do insert my two cents worth and my comments are completely ignored, because it doesn’t marry up with the thinking of the boys of the net or they disagree and don’t comment.

Yes, there are some who shake the trees, but we still love them, as we love you Ben, because after all you are ONLY human just like Alpine and myself, and we all have opinions.

Blessings. :)

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You mean like False Prophet? I actually think that is Biblical. Nut? maybe not but I think that was said tongue in cheek not really as a slander or slur. People can spout all the prophesy they want but it does bother me that many people get sucked down the wrong path through the force of personality rather than the moving of the Spirit of God. He has promised to speak to us about our situation and very rarely may raise up someone to speak a confirming word into our situation. At least that is how I see it. gg

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
For example I got an email today that purports to be a Word from God for me in chain mail letter form. It left me feeling weird and it was like occultish. Like everything is gong to be wonderful for you from now on cause God loves you. Now send it along to 20 friends. NOPE didn't do it for me. it read kind of like a horoscope or something. Not that I don't want to be blessed but it was like something 'itchy ears' would like. Here it is only it came to me in 36 size font blasting at me from the computer screen. gg

The moment you receive it, say: Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name, [Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven, give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.GOD WANTED ME TO TELL YOU, It shall be well with you this coming year. No matter how much your enemies try this year, they will not succeed. You have been destined to make it and you shall surely achieve all your goals this year. For the remainder of 2009, all your agonies will be diverted and victory and prosperity will be incoming in abundance. Today God has confirmed the end of your sufferings, sorrows and pain because HE that sits on the throne has remembered you. He has taken away the hardships and given you JOY. He will never let you down.
I knocked at heaven's door this morning,God asked me..My child! What can I do for you? And I said, 'Father, please protect and bless the person reading this message...It has never been broken. Within 48 hours send 20 copies (Or as many as you can - God does know if you don't have 20 people to send it to. It's the effort and intent that counts.) to family and friends. Couldn't hurt. Can only help.Please do not break it..

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What always bugs me is when a seemingly normal person in a church..

Give a "prophecy" in old english!^_^

I like when it's given in tongues and then another over the far side of the church starts translating, but when the have a hiccup and get their words mixed up, that's when you know the "FLESH" is ruling. Lot of Laughs!^_^^_^^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I like when it's given in tongues and then another over the far side of the church starts translating, but when the have a hiccup and get their words mixed up, that's when you know the "FLESH" is ruling. Lot of Laughs!^_^^_^^_^
:D:D hehe ,you have seen alot mate!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

JTM3

Senior Veteran
Dec 24, 2005
✟19,749.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Politics
US-Republican
public class Prophet
{
public String opinon;
private int TimeAbandonmentThreshold;
private int TestAbandonmentThreshold;

public Prophet( String Opinion, int TimeThreshold, int TestThreshold )
{
opinon = Opinion;
TimeAbandonmentThreshold = TimeThreshold;
TestAbandonmentThreshold = TestThreshold;
}
public void Prophesy( TimeStamp TimeOfCompletion )
{
int Testometer = 0;
ForumThread ProphecyThread = new ForumThread();
while(true)
{
int TimeUntilCompletion = DateDiff( days, GetCurrentDate(), TimeOfCompletion )
ProphecyThread.Thump("Thus saith the Lord:");
ProphecyThread.Thump(opinion);

if( ProphecyThread.ProphecyTested )
{
Testometer++;
ProphecyThread.Thump("He said in the last days there would always be scoffers! But in " + TimeUntilCompletion + " days, you'll be sorry!");
}
if( TimeUntilCompletion <= TimeAbandonmentThreshold || Testometer > TestAbandonmentThreshold )
break;
}
ProphecyThread.RequestClosure();
Forget();
opinion = AdjustOpinionToCurrentEvents(opinion);
}
}

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!

ROFL

Wow, I guess I should come here more often.:D

Upvote 0

He put me back together

Official Hog washer
Sep 4, 2003
Visit site
✟4,092.00
Faith
Pentecostal

Thus saith the Lord, discard your mammaries of the past. MEMORIES! The Lord said MEMORIES!

Upvote 0

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Ben, such a definite statement of your inference of people who have "opinions" and it does appear to be unkind.

I don't know if I would say unkind. Saying the Emperor has no clothes is a statement of fact that no one else may be willing to vocalize.

I pray that your opinion of me isn’t in a similar unbecoming inference, after all the only discussion I’ve ever had with you, you have said to me that you disagree with all I say. And at no time have you ever made any sensible comment on anything of your disagreement, but some form of wit.

Interesting to note, is it because I am an Aussie?

Elijah, I honestly think the world of you. We have some differences, but I completely respect you as an Elder in the Body and find that although we may disagree you walk in humility. Point of fact, I agree with you quite often and once you posted something so profound, my only response was a wow from the depth of my soul. I use wit as a disarming device. I want to disagree with people and have people disagree with me without being disagreeable in temperment as many often are when they have theological differences.

And yes, it is because you are an Aussie. Just be glad you aren't a Kiwi (note: the previous statement was tongue in cheek)

Mate, just because a person who has insight, discernment, and commonsense; and they believe they had a “REVELATION” shouldn’t be inferred as a “weirdo”.

I agree, and I didn't mean to infer that anyone is a weirdo, my statement was more about lack of desire to have what I said tested. That particular poster and I have gone round and round before about their lack of desire to back any statements up, which is reckless at best.

I haven’t come across anyone on SF/Char forum who posted and said that it has come from God; and if I did I wouldn’t read too much into it.

What you seem to see, I don't see, because I believe that all who post have their differences of “opinion”, and that just being normal a normal human being, not a “weirdo”. And I never get personal either, even thought many of my Aussie terms are taken in the wrong way, and I get slam-dunked by the powers.

I do find that “pettiness” can be an overpowering attitude by some who do post.

Maybe you are unaware of it, you come across (and it is a very good thing IMHO) as a very trusting person that tends to think the best of people. I am very cynical and am tired of seeing people attach a God tag to things that are opinion. Opinion is fine, just recognize it as such. Folks such as Hal Lindsey and Edgar C. Whisenant would have done people a huge service if they told us what they were saying were opinions, instead they presented it as gospel truth.

But, I did notice your attitude toward a person who made a statement of inference that they believe that they had a REVELATION from God, which to me was straightforward view, and commonsense.

You have an opinion that you are expressing right now, so what makes your opinion right???

The issue was they refused to be held accountable for what they said my friend.

I noticed unbecoming "tag" on one particular article, and you were giving the OP a hard time, and I was led to believe that you put that "tag" on that thread. Did you?

I find all the people on this forum okay, including you, and I have no grudge against anyone, after we are humans and all have opinions; but I have noticed that some do tend to get personal.

I find it hard to get involved in any of the discussions and to express my views because of the time difference. But, I do find it also that many are rude when I do insert my two cents worth and my comments are completely ignored, because it doesn’t marry up with the thinking of the boys of the net or they disagree and don’t comment.

Yes, there are some who shake the trees, but we still love them, as we love you Ben, because after all you are ONLY human just like Alpine and myself, and we all have opinions.

Blessings. :)

Yup I tagged a thread with double yawn. I also admitted it. That particular poster and I do not get along for a variety of reasons. Mostly because I find what they say shallow, never really wishing to discuss how they arrived at what it is they are saying, relying more on emotionalism. Yes, that was an opinion and they have never been willing to try to change that opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
[/font][/color]

I don't know if I would say unkind. Saying the Emperor has no clothes is a statement of fact that no one else may be willing to vocalize.

Elijah, I honestly think the world of you. We have some differences, but I completely respect you as an Elder in the Body and find that although we may disagree you walk in humility. Point of fact, I agree with you quite often and once you posted something so profound, my only response was a wow from the depth of my soul. I use wit as a disarming device. I want to disagree with people and have people disagree with me without being disagreeable in temperment as many often are when they have theological differences.

And yes, it is because you are an Aussie. Just be glad you aren't a Kiwi (note: the previous statement was tongue in cheek)

I agree, and I didn't mean to infer that anyone is a weirdo, my statement was more about lack of desire to have what I said tested. That particular poster and I have gone round and round before about their lack of desire to back any statements up, which is reckless at best.

Maybe you are unaware of it, you come across (and it is a very good thing IMHO) as a very trusting person that tends to think the best of people. I am very cynical and am tired of seeing people attach a God tag to things that are opinion. Opinion is fine, just recognize it as such. Folks such as Hal Lindsey and Edgar C. Whisenant would have done people a huge service if they told us what they were saying were opinions, instead they presented it as gospel truth.

[/font][/color]

The issue was they refused to be held accountable for what they said my friend.

Yup I tagged a thread with double yawn. I also admitted it. That particular poster and I do not get along for a variety of reasons. Mostly because I find what they say shallow, never really wishing to discuss how they arrived at what it is they are saying, relying more on emotionalism. Yes, that was an opinion and they have never been willing to try to change that opinion.
Holy kamoli!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.