Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Hi all, I've been reading a little about the lutheran four volume set on daily prayer - for all the saints - and think that it might just be what I'm after. However it's very difficult to find too much information about it online or even some samples of the pages. Does any here use it? I'm afraid my knowledge of lutheranism is fairly limited - what structure does daily prayer follow? If anyone was able to post a couple of images then that would be amazing!

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟403,321.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hi Tom! Nice one! I'm afraid I don't know too much about For All the Saints, but perhaps someone else can help you out.

If no one here knows, perhaps you can try and contact ALPB and ask if they could send you a few pictures? Porto Website Template.

However, I can point you to a few other Lutheran devotionals so you can at least get some insight into other works that are popular. I suppose the Lutheran Prayer Companion is perhaps the closest thing to what you're looking for. (You can view PDF samples below by clicking "Look inside")

Lutheran Prayer Companion: Lutheran Prayer Companion
My Prayer Book: My Prayer Book
Lutheran Book of Prayer: Lutheran Book of Prayer, 5th Edition
Treasury of Daily Prayer: Treasury of Daily Prayer - Regular Edition
Portals of Prayer - This comes in different volumes, and even as a devotional Bible (Portals of Prayer Devotional Bible), and an app (‎Portals of Prayer or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.cph.portals_of_prayer&hl=en_US&gl=US).

I own Lutheran Book of Prayer and Treasury of Daily Prayer myself. Both are good, though lately, I've started using an older book called Book of Family Prayer by N.J. Laache, which is a bit more sermon-focused.

If it isn't already apparent from the above, the Lutheran Church does not have a single common book of prayer like the Anglican Church. We have a Lutheran Confession, called the Concordia. But as for devotional and prayer books, they are typically subject to local tradition and dioceses (doctrinally, however, they should be united).

• Informative
Reactions: TomUK
Upvote 0