timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,934.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm familiar with the Terrafugia and other recent "flying car" developments.

I'm also developing my own concept with a possibility of collaboration. What makes my concept unique among others is the mechanical simplicity and high performance. It is as simple as conventional airplane so giving the same high performance, great fuel efficiency, and low operational cost. But with the added benefit of being able to land and take off from anywhere a helicopter can in a much more compact package than either an airplane or a helicopter.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,934.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Call me when they fold into suitcases.

The mechanics aside, there are far too complex laws for airspace for this to be very workable. Interesting though.

Wouldn't be a problem with just a "few" vehicles up in the air.

Very likely these new class of air vehicles would probably be limited to low altitude in mass use in the future so they don't interfere with commercial air traffic.

But the air traffic control of the future would be able to much greater volume of air traffic due to modern computers and automation.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I liked the Moller Skycar better, but they went belly-up. This one's still got most of the limitations of a conventional aircraft, except that you can drive it home from the airport (though I think it would have to be a slower drive). It doesn't look like a vehicle for the masses.

Upvote 0

Babe Ruth

Nov 10, 2017
Southeastern USA
✟55,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Remember the Jetsons cartoon where they zipped around in flying cars.

Of course.. I remember George stuck in traffic in his airborne car. There's infinite sky around the traffic jam, was always wondering why George & the other commuters didn't just pull out of the jam & fly freely. Guess it would've been uncivilized..
I always figured we'd have Jetson cars by now, and ubiquitous meals condensed into pills.

I'm not into the self-driving future (that's seems to be dawning).. I like the feeling of steering/controlling a vehicle myself.

Upvote 0