Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Books!? Really? Videos, yes, those are a dime a dozen. And they tend to make me laugh at the terrible ignorance of the creators of those videos. Almost all of those can be refuted by Desertphile's Gravity Rant. Due to just a touch, not excessive, of "foul language" I will not link it here, but if you search YouTube for it you should have no trouble finding it.
Yes, there are books. Modern books tend to be rather simplistic, or rewrites of the earlier Victorian flat earthers. Who had to write books, because their access to the internet and YouTube was rather sporadic. ;))
Each and every "flat earth" (or other alternative versions) model that has been presented in video or book tends to go into two directions: they either criticise parts of the "heliocentric model", and this criticism is based on ignorance of the model... or they present alternative explanations for observations, which are either unverified or contradicting.

I have yet to see an "alternative model" of the earth that is not fundamentally flawed.

But because most Flat Earthers do not have the knowledge to understand that - even disregard this knowledge as "masonic lies" - they are fundamentally unable to understand that.
The Flat Earthers that I have seen presenting their "models" are just prime examples of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
... and so I come to where I now exit this debate...

There are good reasons to accept that the world is as we are told. However, there are also good reasons to accept that it's not. For me, I am now in a place of humility. I don't know and you know what else? I'm okay with not knowing. I've spent my entire life, seeking to know this or to know that. I even ventured far into the occult in pursuit of knowing.

Finally, after over 9 months of researching FE, God set my head right. I have come to understand that life isn't all about knowing or not knowing, it's about having faith and walking in spirit.

I don't think god exists, but if he did, I can't imagine he'd be happy about you deciding not to use the wonderful brain he made you.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
FE isn’t the only competing model either.

FE isn't a competing model to begin with. Just because a bunch of people come up with a crank idea doesn't mean it has any credence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
FE isn't a competing model to begin with. Just because a bunch of people come up with a crank idea doesn't mean it has any credence.
So the Two Moon Theory has no credence? Phlogiston theory had none? Alchemy? dihydrogen in the water? Y2K?

None of those had any credence?

Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON
This thread has been cleaned. Please remain on the topic of flat earth vs. globe earth. Do not address each other personally. Remarks about another member's (or groups') intelligence or motives are considered flaming.
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.