Flat Earth Flight Planning

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,467.00
Faith
Seeker
Please show me where the edit occurs during the time lapse on this video.

Also this ‘editing makes it fake’ argument is really dumb. Unless it’s raw or live footage, just about every video or photo is edited to some extent. Editing alone doesn’t make anything fake, you have to show that the edit is done in such a way that hides or distorts something.

To dismiss all video evidence on side simply because it could be faked, then turn around and present photos as evidence - just silly. Plain silly.

But it’s all a moot point. If flat earthers don’t accept these videos, there’s a simple way to put the matter to bed - go to Antarctica at the right time. This isn’t even like with the ice wall, where they claim that guides won’t let you see it. There’s no way to hide THE SUN.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,467.00
Faith
Seeker
If there was literally a massive, massive wall of ice around the entirety of the planet, it wouldn’t actually be that hard to take a picture of it.

This actually brings up a question that's been bugging me lately.

Why do flat earthers think there's an ice wall there? I mean, why an ice wall specifically? They don't seem to think the dome is made of ice, at least I've never heard that, so why is the spot where the dome meets the earth covered in ice? Why not just the dome? I know it's not a Biblical thing, so I'm curious where it came from.

Upvote 0

Snoder

Jul 26, 2019
Seattle
✟10,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would agree, but there isn't any uninterrupted video available to my knowledge. I've seen the one offered in this thread.

Did you come up with a reason why a flight from Taiwan to L.A. with a medical emergency would divert to Alaska instead of Hawaii?
We're ten pages in, I just thought it might be nice to visit the OP topic.

At the time, Alaska was the closest location to land.

Here's the actual flight. I am guessing someone might wonder why the path appears 'curved.' That is due to it being over a map projection.
flight-aware-cal8-flight-aborted-to-alaska-map.png

Here is what a straight path looks like on a globe.
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
‘Videos and pictures that can’t be verified are unreliable!’

Then, just a paragraph later....

‘These unverified pictures prove a flat earth!’

Do you guys really not see the problem, here?

There's always one, isn't there?

You can verify the long distance pictures, simply by doing a similar experiment yourself. There are as I said hundreds of examples. Unlike the paucity and inconsistency of, say, photos of earth from space, or vids of this 24 hour sun over Antarctica. Why it's called evidential 'weight', it's about substance and volume.

• Agree
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Meanwhile, back on Flat Earth...

TC Ben is one of the best around imho.
He's got us fisheyeing the ionosphere now. There is a firmament, but can we bounce skywaves off it?

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This actually brings up a question that's been bugging me lately.

Why do flat earthers think there's an ice wall there? I mean, why an ice wall specifically? They don't seem to think the dome is made of ice, at least I've never heard that, so why is the spot where the dome meets the earth covered in ice? Why not just the dome? I know it's not a Biblical thing, so I'm curious where it came from.

I think it might be just that it sounds cool - our FE brethren are an imaginative lot, maybe they just find the idea appealing.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You’re right, it would take some explaining. And as nobody has been able to discredit the second video, I’m still waiting for that explaining.

It doesn't meet the criteria of 'falsifiability' as nobody can go down there to verify it independently.

But on top of all the evidence that disproves the FE theory (and has for hundreds of years)

What's your best evidence? Not the rubbish you posted below surely?

I still haven’t heard a good explanation on why this big lie even exists in the first place.

It exists because when he lies, he speaks his native language. It exists because it discredits the word of God and distorts His creation. It exists to separate man from God. It fulfils the scripture 'the devil deceiveth the whole world'.

The number of people in on the lie at this point is so tremendous that it’s become nonsensical and ridiculous.

No, you don't need that many. Just a pyramidal hierarchy and an propaganda apparatus masquerading as an educational system. Plus a superficially plausible explanation with deterrents for questioning. 'Flat earthism' is probably the world's most denigrated idea. A blue ribbon lie protected from investigation by public incredulity.

Elon Musk certainly knows the earth is flat if it indeed is flat. So what is his motivation for growing, developing, and continuing this massive conspiracy? Money? Is the answer always money? Is he demon possessed?

Elon Musk is a muppet, he couldn't run a milk bar. He has powerful financial backers who control the agenda. They're called shareholders.

What about the Mythbusters. They flew up in a U2 spy plane to 70,000 feet. They showed video of the curvature. They commented on the curvature. If the world is flat, they know it because they saw it, and then they lied about it. What is their motivation to perpetuate the lie?

If you see the reverse shot in the Mythbusters vid, behind him is a flat horizon. Look, the horizon is always 360 degrees, like a giant hula hoop at eye level. If it curves down in front of you, what are you gonna see when you turn around? Do you like Escher's artworks?

Mythbusters: a sodomite and a reprobate on the payroll of media corp. Real trustworthy.

if the earth is flat, James May from Top Gear is now in on the lie. Why? What would he perpetuate the lie?

Oh James May, why didn't you say? It MUST be legit then. Look, the horizon can appear curved to the naked eye, because the eye sees the same distance in every direction - the giant hula hoop effect. Not to mention the power of indoctrination.

RedBull is in on the lie too. Felix Baumgartner jumped from 128,000 feet up. We all saw the video. You can see the curvature. Yes, I know it has to be a fish-eye lens because 100% of all video showing a curvature is a fish-eye lens.

There's so many things wrong with that footage I don't know where to start. How about the stills from the wing of the hull of the craft, one showing the Red Bull logo, the other without. Did he remove the decal while he was up there?

And how did he come back to land in the general location of where he took off? You're getting into a whole world of problems with the spin of the earth. Is the atmosphere velcroed to the earth?

Can someone explain why they would all agree to work together to perpetuate the lie?

Ever heard of the central banking system? How about US 'global' political hegemony? How about economic incentives and trade sanctions? It's not as if the entire government of these puppet regimes need to know, just a few well-placed controllers. Take the money and look the other way. The devil runs things by bribery and blackmail, chiefly.

Funny how the US and Russia continue blithely along working together on the space program despite all their recent issues.

Have you seen that Chinese moon landing video? It's beyond a joke really. In the inimitable words of Elon 'It looks so fake it must be real'.

Listen brother:

LET GOD BE TRUE AND EVERY MAN A LIAR. FOR IT IS BETTER TO TRUST IN GOD THAN TO PUT YOUR FAITH IN MAN. THE HEAVENS DECLARE HIS GLORY AND THE FIRMAMENT SHOWS HIS HANDIWORK.

Not one Bible verse supports the mainstream cosmological model, while over 200 support flat, stationary and enclosed. Jesus himself endorsed FE cosmology when he told the Pharisees 'Ye can discern the face of the sky and earth' (Lk 12:56)

So why can't you have faith in God? You want to eat at the table of demons?

• Winner
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,467.00
Faith
Seeker
t doesn't meet the criteria of 'falsifiability' as nobody can go down there to verify it independently.

Yes. Yes, you can.

I know flat earthers have this weird idea that Antarctica is off limits, but it’s simply not true. You can go there. At any time of the year. It’ll cost a lot of money, yes, but you can go there. There are thousands of people there at any given time.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. Yes, you can.

I know flat earthers have this weird idea that Antarctica is off limits, but it’s simply not true. You can go there. At any time of the year. It’ll cost a lot of money, yes, but you can go there. There are thousands of people there at any given time.

Buy me a ticket.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,467.00
Faith
Seeker
There's always one, isn't there?

You can verify the long distance pictures, simply by doing a similar experiment yourself.

I have, thank you.

There are as I said hundreds of examples. Unlike the paucity and inconsistency of, say, photos of earth from space,

There are plenty. In fact, there are satellites that take pictures of the Earth every few minutes. You just don’t accept these pictures, but there are hundreds of thousands of them.

or vids of this 24 hour sun over Antarctica.

Not many people live in Antarctica. Even so, there’s plenty, you just don’t accept them.[/quote]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,467.00
Faith
Seeker
Buy me a ticket.
Buy yourself one. Type in Antarctica cruise, you’ll find plenty. It’ll cost a lot of money, but you wouldn’t exactly expect a trip across the world to the most inhospitable habitat known to mankind to be cheap.

About $2,000. The flat earth community has raised far more than that for things in the past.

Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It’s not. Everything matched up. Of course, you’re not going to accept my results if I show them to you, soooooooo...

So you're telling me every long range P900 zoom photo I've seen has been doctored?

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,467.00
Faith
Seeker
So you're telling me every long range P900 zoom photo I've seen has been doctored?

I didn’t say that. I generally follow the ‘assume incompetence before malice route’. Incompetence is far more common, especially with flat earthers.

Assuming that every picture that goes against my position is fake without evidence to that is more of your thing.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I didn’t say that. I generally follow the ‘assume incompetence before malice route’.
Perhaps you could explain how an error of that nature would be possible? Got the camera height, got the distance to object. Plug it into the Metabunk calculator, Bob's your uncle. Am I missing something?

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,467.00
Faith
Seeker
Perhaps you could explain how an error of that nature would be possible? Got the camera height, got the distance to object. Plug it into the Metabunk calculator, Bob's your uncle. Am I missing something?

How do you know they got everything right? How do you know they did the proper calculations?

Again, this is your double standard at work. There are thousands upon thousands of pictures showing a round earth, with more being made every few minutes. You reject these, but accept photos and videos that you think support your position, even though they fail the same criteria that you would use to disqualify the former.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.