benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You poor thing! I had no idea that you would feel compelled to follow whatever path was even slightly hinted at in a question. Dear oh dear! Maybe you could try to follow less? :p

maybe you could bait less and just own what you did? but its okay. I'm over it now.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I can only smile at your rhetoric :)

and me, no offense, at your lack of knowledge.

what I said is not rhetoric, you really do not know that, do you?

We have freedom to say what we want- it does not matter if you don't like it- I have the RIGHT to say it.

what is rhetoric about that? I am stating a fact.

I don't like a lot of what folks say, but I know they have the right to say it.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
By the way, I am exercising my right to speak freely about using godly wisdom to season one's public utterances :)

I agree with you... how many times must I say that?

I think folks should control themselves too and choose wisely but you can not make a law forcing ppl to do it. You can't say this speech is okay and this one isn't- everyone will have a different take on what is offensive.

That is what you do not understand. Even God does not force ppl to not sin if they want.

Freedom, think- FREEDOM.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
and me, no offense, at your lack of knowledge....
Oh, I don't believe that for a second. You do intend offence I am sure, but I am not going to take any. Still it is nice of you to say you don't intend what you clearly are doing. :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Indubitably ....

But why do you want to be like that? Why not make a case in a calm well ordered way without accusing your interlocutor of various faults, failing, lacks and so forth. It is just possible, that the person with whom you are chatting knows rather a lot and you might know less than they. ...

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
He had a background check and passed it. Now, that in itself is disturbing given his history at school.
I finally concluded that there is no 'truth' anymore.
Yest for instance - heard she died, then not yet, then she died, then she is in critical condition...i am like - sheesh...

Heard this guy had MENTAL issues...heard he had run ins with the law, heard he was checked...not checked...oy

Does anyone get anything straight anymore?:confused:

I only know this mucvh that i do think i can trust - id the guy isnt talking.
That leaves us with speculation - and conspiracies.

~~~~~~~~~~~

As for gun control - not in this lifetime.

Guns are a means to kill, but by no means the only way.
Criminals will get their hands on a gun - in fact will do so easily - and the law abiding citizens are tough out of luck.
It would anarchy of a greater proportion.
Leave the Constitution alone people.

People who want to kill will find a way - whether bow an arrows aimed wildly, stones, or other more primitive ways [shooting darts thru straws] ninja stars, ....you name it, where there is a will, there is a way.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I finally concluded that there is no 'truth' anymore.
Yest for instance - heard she died, then not yet, then she died, then she is in critical condition...i am like - sheesh...

Heard this guy had MENTAL issues...heard he had run ins with the law, heard he was checked...not checked...oy

Does anyone get anything straight anymore?:confused:

I only know this mucvh that i do think i can trust - id the guy isnt talking.
That leaves us with speculation - and conspiracies.

~~~~~~~~~~~

As for gun control - not in this lifetime.

Guns are a means to kill, but by no means the only way.
Criminals will get their hands on a gun - in fact will do so easily - and the law abiding citizens are tough out of luck.
It would anarchy of a greater proportion.
Leave the Constitution alone people.

People who want to kill will find a way - whether bow an arrows aimed wildly, stones, or other more primitive ways [shooting darts thru straws] ninja stars, ....you name it, where there is a will, there is a way.

It's all there if you dig...the sadness is you have to dig and it can not just be reported straight. At the moment all his classmates are coming forward.

Seems he had no problems until after an incident in HS where he had alcohol poisoning. That can actually have some odd effects on a developing brain.

But yeah...it will be weeks until an accurate picture develops.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2WhomShallWeGo

May 13, 2010
been in the USA and Canada
✟1,635.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think it's sad that this tragedy is been used by some to try and gain some political ground. I think this is misguided. This kid was nuts. I think the more that comes out the harder it is going to be to make this into a political thing. This guy was nuts that's all. He's probably been thinking about doing this since before bush left office.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I think it's sad that this tragedy is been used by some to try and gain some political ground. I think this is misguided. This kid was nuts. I think the more that comes out the harder it is going to be to make this into a political thing. This guy was nuts that's all. He's probably been thinking about doing this since before bush left office.
Yes. Documents about assassination and meeting the congresswoman date back to 2007.
But tragedy can be a big opportunity if it can be manipulated into Palins evil. She is already slurred as more dangerous than North Korea here. Repeat a lie enough times and it takes on the air of truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

Blanche51057

Actually the news coverage is largely on blaming conservatives when all evidence so far indicates this man was simply mentally distubed not political! No evidence has been presented that He is a conservative, he is pro-life, he is a tea party member, he is a Sarah Palin fan, or a fan of Fox News, etc. He is a mentally disturbed individual who has caused damage and despair to many!

As a matter of fact, one friend of his has stated that he was angry at this Congresswoman because she did not answer his questions at another townhall type meeting a few months ago!

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Actually the news coverage is largely on blaming conservatives when all evidence so far indicates this man was simply mentally distubed not political! No evidence has been presented that He is a conservative, he is pro-life, he is a tea party member, he is a Sarah Palin fan, or a fan of Fox News, etc. He is a mentally disturbed individual who has caused damage and despair to many!

As a matter of fact, one friend of his has stated that he was angry at this Congresswoman because she did not answer his questions at another townhall type meeting a few months ago!

The stuff he didn't like the woman over was made up crazy stuff, like teaching her district a new English grammar... nothing I read indicates he hated Jews, Hispanic language being spoken, health care... any of it- it was stuff that didn't exist.

BUT- I agreed with his beef about currency no longer being backed by silver and gold.

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
The stuff he didn't like the woman over was made up crazy stuff, like teaching her district a new English grammar... nothing I read indicates he hated Jews, Hispanic language being spoken, health care... any of it- it was stuff that didn't exist.

BUT- I agreed with his beef about currency no longer being backed by silver and gold.
So... its news that after these sorts of tragedies, everyone who fears they might get blamed goes into a flat spin trying to identify other targets to blame? This hasn't been the response to such situations by the media, punditry and politicians since well before Columbine?

Inadequate mental health care, and a dash of inadequate firearms control are your causes here.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.