MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But he's still straight isn't he? (your pervert) You are straight even at those moments when you are not having sex. I was straight during the period of time I was split from my husband, but I was celibate. Being celibate didn't make me asexual.

My daughter is a lesbian, she's not sexually active- although she certainly has a girlfriend and is not attracted to men. She cannot find "Mr. Right" because she is not attracted to men.. there is no "Mr. Right" Girls that dance together may not always be lesbians, but girls who are not attracted to men and are attracted to women are. The commitment certainly is what makes the marriage if one happens, and since it ain't the sex it shouldn't matter what gender those who opt for commitment ( :p ) are.

But again you are forgetting that marriage is to establish a husband/wife, father/mother family unit to produce and raise children. Marriage can be fun and enjoyable; however, that is not the Creator's purpose for marriage. A homosexual couple cannot become one flesh. They can only be strange flesh. The man has his part and the woman has her part.

I have seen far too many lesbian couples resort to in vitro fertilization to imagine such women have no interest in having children or carrying them full term. I feel that just like their counterpart they have become confused by peer pressures to engage in sex and if they do not then they become labeled. Or if they dislike it because of the circumstances, they feel different or like some oddball.

The reality is that lust is not what marriage is about, and such pursuits lead to rejection, failure, and unhappiness ------ or very creepy individuals who have no sense of shame or remorse.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
best friends that cant have sex, right?

Best friends don't need sex. They want what is best for the other person --- and not what they themselves want. One cannot build a godly relationship on selfish desires.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Marriage can be fun and enjoyable; however, that is not the Creator's purpose for marriage.......

.....The reality is that lust is not what marriage is about, and such pursuits lead to rejection, failure, and unhappiness ------ or very creepy individuals who have no sense of shame or remorse.

I don't think you can restrict one's religion's rules on EVERYONE, however, or enforce that rule from an official stand point w/o turning into the 'marriage nazis', imo.

Why must a gay couple ALWAYS live in lust and not love?

You don't think two gay people can love each other? Are you aware that there isn't one kind of love, but more?

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Best friends don't need sex. They want what is best for the other person --- and not what they themselves want. One cannot build a godly relationship on selfish desires.

life isn't always about need; if life was only about need, we wouldnt get jobs, or buy cars, or watch tv, or anything like that. We'd live practically naked in the wilderness starting fires and spearing deer for a living. You don't need to read the wall st journal; you don't need coffee int he morning; you don't need to take vacations; you don't need to drink a beer with your friends.

Also, how is your desire to see every couple opposite sexed not selfish? How is telling others how they must live, unselfish?

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But again you are forgetting that marriage is to establish a husband/wife, father/mother family unit to produce and raise children. Marriage can be fun and enjoyable; however, that is not the Creator's purpose for marriage. A homosexual couple cannot become one flesh. They can only be strange flesh. The man has his part and the woman has her part.

I'm not "forgetting" anything, I'm recognizing that your definition of marriage is not THE definition of marriage.

I have seen far too many lesbian couples resort to in vitro fertilization to imagine such women have no interest in having children or carrying them full term. I feel that just like their counterpart they have become confused by peer pressures to engage in sex and if they do not then they become labeled. Or if they dislike it because of the circumstances, they feel different or like some oddball.

I know plenty of couples gay and straight who start families through adoption, and medical intervention -- and I know plenty of women - straight and gay who have no desire to have a child. My daughter has not been subject to any peer pressure until AFTER her orientation was known. I gotta tell you.. if she was the slightest bit interested in boys the abuse she took her last year of junior high would have been quite effective at getting her to change her ways.

The reality is that lust is not what marriage is about, and such pursuits lead to rejection, failure, and unhappiness ------ or very creepy individuals who have no sense of shame or remorse.

You are right marriage is not about lust-I'm not sure what that has to do with being gay or straight.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.