tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As a Christian we do not put our faith, hope, love and trust in man. We look forward to when Jesus will rule and reign for 1,000 years on earth. Trump, Obama, Hillary all are an example for us to learn about what a mess man makes out of the government. They will study this election for 1,000 years as an example of how big of a mess man can make out of trying to establish his own government apart from God. They will ask who was the biggest womanizer Bill or Trump? They will ask did the people look for the most immoral person they could find to elect president? What good is it to gain the whole world and to lose your soul?
Men ALWAYS make a mess out of human government. It's created by flawed humans, run by flawed humans, and inevitably dies by human hands. Your point?

The only government that will EVER be perfect is the coming one, based on nothing but LOVE. Not law. I determined long ago to start training for that day by voting for compassion. Today, while it can still make a difference in MY life and for my conscience. We are strangers down here. This is not our home, so why should I assume that it is?

Have you ever read 1 Corinthians 13's promises? Lots of wisdom in there. We won't be asking such silly questions 1000 years from now, because we will all know why every president did wrong and right--as well as ourselves. Because of human sin, and God's mighty hand. It won't matter any longer what "human" government once was. Not with the government of Love finally--and firmly established forever.

I will not ever excuse a womanizer in order to vote for him simply because he's led me to believe he will fill MY pot with all the chicken I could ever want, and I won't have to pay for it either. I never have, I never will.

Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is what happened with Bush. I had no idea that he was going to end up killing over one million people. Or at least Bush and Obama and Hillary worked together to kill over one million people. Still that is NOTHING compared to WW2 when Hitler killed between 6 & 9 million people and stalin killed at least 30 million if not ultimately twice that many. Some people believe that within the next 30 years 90% of the worlds population will be destroyed in Nuclear wars. Then we will have 1,000 years of peace. The Jw's and mormons have been teaching this for over 100 years. The Mormon's have been doomsday preppers for a very long time now.
You should know I used to be Mormon. I know all about it. However, God's Word has been prophesying the End Times for far longer than any non-Christian religious group ever has been. They merely repeat what God has already said then twist His Words to suit their own agendas. Not follow God's agenda. You should know that. So please don't make them out to be these marvelous spiritual wonders until you've lived the horrible life they do like I once did. They are not marvelous or spiritual. I've often seen people, especially survivalist preppers, assume they are. Such people are easily impressed with earthly ways pretending to be godly. They seldom realize that they are quite opposite perspectives. To hold something in common with spiritual darkness does not make one godly.

The only time we will have 1000 years of peace is when Jesus Christ returns to earth. Not before. No human group is ever going to lead the government of LOVE. No human ever can.

Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have no problem working with people like Donald. I like to be an independent contractor. No body tells me what to do and my money belongs to me.
If he didn't like what you painted, for instance, he wouldn't pay you. Even if he had chosen the paint color. So easy to say, isn't it, when its NOT you paying a hefty lawyer's fee to take him to court. So much for your kids going to college, huh?

He'd sure tell you what to do then, wouldn't he?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I have no problem working with people like Donald. I like to be an independent contractor. No body tells me what to do and my money belongs to me.

Your willingness to work for free is noted and appreciated.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟718,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IMG_0874.PNG

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Men ALWAYS make a mess out of human government. It's created by flawed humans, run by flawed humans, and inevitably dies by human hands. Your point?
My point was that our trials in life are a result of man's rebellion against God.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You should know I used to be Mormon. I know all about it. However, God's Word has been prophesying the End Times for far longer than any non-Christian religious group ever has been. They merely repeat what God has already said then twist His Words to suit their own agendas. Not follow God's agenda. You should know that. So please don't make them out to be these marvelous spiritual wonders until you've lived the horrible life they do like I once did. They are not marvelous or spiritual. I've often seen people, especially survivalist preppers, assume they are. Such people are easily impressed with earthly ways pretending to be godly. They seldom realize that they are quite opposite perspectives. To hold something in common with spiritual darkness does not make one godly.

The only time we will have 1000 years of peace is when Jesus Christ returns to earth. Not before. No human group is ever going to lead the government of LOVE. No human ever can.
Rev 7:9 "After this I looked and saw a multitude too large to count, from every nation and tribe and people and tongue, standing before the throne and before the Lamb." We are told that people from every nation well be saved, perhaps even the most blood thirsty of terrorists. I remember Corrie Tan Boon ran into one of the cruelest of the prison camp guards at a prayer meeting. He said I know that God forgives me, but do you? That was a struggle for her because her sister died in that camp. With God's help we can overcome the adversity. Nothing happens in our life that God can not cause good to come out of it.

Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My point was that our trials in life are a result of man's rebellion against God.
No candidate is ever going to be "better" than anyone else. They can do a brilliant job all around--but not a single one can ever do it all: get all the bills paid to knock down the national debt, put our money back into our pockets, keep the country safe so we can all live in peace and safety, move us toward a brighter, more hopeful future, and help the world deal with all of its problems successfully. Each is going to have their own personal flaws, and sometimes fatal flaws--just like us.

Sometimes, if they do one single "good" thing in four years? We should still be grateful they didn't annihilate us and everyone else at the same time.

Is that what you were saying?

Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No candidate is ever going to be "better" than anyone else. They can do a brilliant job all around--but not a single one can ever do it all: get all the bills paid to knock down the national debt, put our money back into our pockets, keep the country safe so we can all live in peace and safety, move us toward a brighter, more hopeful future, and help the world deal with all of its problems successfully. Each is going to have their own personal flaws, and sometimes fatal flaws--just like us.

Sometimes, if they do one single "good" thing in four years? We should still be grateful they didn't annihilate us and everyone else at the same time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Rev 7:9 "After this I looked and saw a multitude too large to count, from every nation and tribe and people and tongue, standing before the throne and before the Lamb." We are told that people from every nation well be saved, perhaps even the most blood thirsty of terrorists. I remember Corrie Tan Boon ran into one of the cruelest of the prison camp guards at a prayer meeting. He said I know that God forgives me, but do you? That was a struggle for her because her sister died in that camp. With God's help we can overcome the adversity. Nothing happens in our life that God can not cause good to come out of it.
Well, that would imply that it doesn't really matter who we vote for, if good can come out of either, then. Right? Good CAN come out of either because God rules over all leadership, whether He places them there to turn hearts to Him, or as punishment for the sins of the nation (or both). And no one can change what He determines.

Nobody is pure evil except the antichrist. Even I know Trump is not the antichrist, but neither is Clinton.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, that would imply that it doesn't really matter who we vote for, if good can come out of either, then. Right? Good CAN come out of either because God rules over all leadership, whether He places them there to turn hearts to Him, or as punishment for the sins of the nation (or both). And no one can change what He determines.

Nobody is pure evil except the antichrist. Even I know Trump is not the antichrist, but neither is Clinton.
This is the passage I was talking about: And we know that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28 Of course if we we are not called to God's purpose then we go from bad to worse: "while evil men and impostors go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived." 2Timothy 3:13

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I am concerned about the body count. I do not see why people need to die before their time.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your willingness to work for free is noted and appreciated.
I do a lot of stuff for free. That is why we well have treasures in Heaven.
If I feed the birds do they have a way to pay me back?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am concerned about the body count. I do not see why people need to die before their time.
What "body count"? Neither Trump nor Clinton is going to die "before their time" in the election. Both candidates are as healthy as worn-out, battle-scarred senior citizens are going to be.

If nobody dies after the election, no riots happen, and no one even burns either Clinton or Trump in effigy over their backyard fire pit after the kiddies toast their marshmallows, ask yourself something. Would you be personally upset? Would it rock your faith in God if... people went about their business as usual the next day? No matter who wins? Search out American history to see if We the People have ever demeaned ourselves by "rioting" after a national election, all because of who won. You'll find its never happened. And it won't now. Yikes! What do you take us for, anyway? ISIS rabble? We can elect the first black president into the White House--twice--and nobody batted an eye, despite all the seething undercurrent racial divides this nation suffers from? Yet when Trump or Clinton wins--and one has to--we will suddenly go off our collective rockers in high indignation?? What's done is done. Deal. So come on. Get real. They aren't THAT critical to life, being just... politicians. Who is disseminating such hooey, anyway?

Psst... if truth be told, I don't think we've ever quite taken our politics THAT seriously since we became a country. I will... probably... vote for Clinton (or refrain altogether), but if Trump wins, rest assured I for one will not be starting any riots in my neck of the woods. I "might" go to bed a bit grumpy, but I'll sleep it off and be my same genial old self the next morning, if just to spite him. Trust me. I'm sure you will do the same, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveB28
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What "body count"?
Body count is a count of the dead bodies. In Vietnam sometimes the count was a bit high because they counted body parts and they did not always try to match them to a body. One person I talked to said they dug a big hole in the ground and they buried around 350 people. They were more exacting with American soldiers. They would try to get the body parts together and send the remains back to their family. In Iraq so far over one million people have died. You can fight over how many of them Bush/Cheney killed and how many of them Obama/Hillary killed but the number of dead people remains the same. It would be nice if we had a time machine and look into the future to see how many people Trump will kill compared to how many people Hillary will kill. Hillary claims that Trump is the loose cannon and that he will kill more people than her. With Hillary people die because she does not do what she needs to do to keep them alive. Her sins are omission not commission. In the end it does not matter one way or the other because they are still dead. Hillary also has an assassination rate. She is critical of Trump for having people roughed up to teach them a lesson. But the Clinton administration is said to have a list of people they have killed for political reasons. Some people consider this to be conspiracy theory, I never looked into it that much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟315,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

If there is one thing I have learned in the past elections, never put your hope on one poll. There are two reasons for that. The first is, if there is only one poll that agrees with you, it is more likely to be wrong. The second is that most polls only look at the popular vote, not the electoral collage where it is determined who is president.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟490,864.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟31,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a registered male independent voter. If I choose one of the two major party candidates, the political pundits say my vote will determine who wins in November. So I thought you guys might be interested in my view on how I thought the debate went.

My personal expectations for Trump appearing "presidential" and not being "goaded" by Hillary into saying something offensive about women, were quite low before the debate started. So actually Trump pretty much met my expectations there, but he didn't appear any less Trump-like than I expected. In his defense, I will say I've listened to the Whitehouse LBJ tapes and it must be acknowledged LBJ was also a "piece of work" and every bit as "politically incorrect" with his mouth as Donald Trump is.

So, in all fairness, there's nothing "new under the sun" about Trumps' un-presidential demeanor and the news media is makes way too much out of it. In fact, as far as un-presidential behavior goes, it would be hard for Donald Trump to top Joe Biden who stood in front an open mike (accidentally) at a Whitehouse award ceremony for veterans and said to Obama, "Looks like a pretty Friggin Big Deal, Doesn't it ?!" Everybody remember that gaff ?

Also, from his comments during the debate, Trump seems to be the only one of the two candidates who is even vaguely aware the American economy represents a "bubble" that is about to burst, that our national infrastructure is crumbling, or that Russia is modernizing its' nuclear forces, while ours remain dated and anemic.

Hillary on the other hand, came off as though she represents royalty and the whole debate and election are merely a formality. Long Live The Queen ! Her promises of addressing inequality in this country ring totally hollow to me. As soon as she's elected, her tune is going to change to "Let Them Eat Cake". If she had said, "I know what to do in Afghanistan, we'll bomb all the poppy fields" where 75% of the worlds opium is produced.. stopping the Taliban and reducing the heroin epidemic in America at the same time". That would have been something. As it was, all I heard was blah, blah, blah.

Was it a draw ? Not in my opinion. I'd have to give Trump the edge for at least bringing up some of the substantive issues facing our country during the debate, rather than just regurgitating a bunch of campaign promises and slogans.

Will I vote for Trump ? We'll see how the next two debates go. I'm definitely not voting for Gary Johnson who doesn't know what Aleppo is, and can't name a single world leader when he's asked to do so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0