"First day of the Week" is actually Sabbaton (Introduction)

Humble Penny

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
San Francisco
✟239,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
יד וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים, יְהִי מְאֹרֹת בִּרְקִיעַ הַשָּׁמַיִם, לְהַבְדִּיל, בֵּין הַיּוֹם וּבֵין הַלָּיְלָה; וְהָיוּ לְאֹתֹת וּלְמוֹעֲדִים, וּלְיָמִים וְשָׁנִים. 14 And God said: 'Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years;
טו וְהָיוּ לִמְאוֹרֹת בִּרְקִיעַ הַשָּׁמַיִם, לְהָאִיר עַל-הָאָרֶץ; וַיְהִי-כֵן. 15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth.' And it was so.
טז וַיַּעַשׂ אֱלֹהִים, אֶת-שְׁנֵי הַמְּאֹרֹת הַגְּדֹלִים: אֶת-הַמָּאוֹר הַגָּדֹל, לְמֶמְשֶׁלֶת הַיּוֹם, וְאֶת-הַמָּאוֹר הַקָּטֹן לְמֶמְשֶׁלֶת הַלַּיְלָה, וְאֵת הַכּוֹכָבִים. 16 And God made the two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night; and the stars.

The moon is part of the signs, seasons(Moedim), days, and years.(Gen 1:14). Moedim is the Hebrew word for Holy Days, or Feasts.

"52 Weeks × 7 Days = 364 Days"

Newsflash! The solar year is 365.2422 days! Not 364 days!

"Saying such idiotic things like "this isn't a salvation issue" is flat out wrong..."

And now you insist this is a salvation issue? You are on a dangerous path if you start judging people like this.

And why make a strawman and attack it with the Gregorian and Julian calendars? Those have nothing to do with the Biblical calendar.

Did you read any of the evidence I provided in my previous post? Or just resort to name calling and strawman attacks?
Here's the same hypocrite who said not to place modern understandings of adultery onto the Bible, yet you turn right around and assert that the Bible teaches a modern solar day calendar lol!

The moon is for signs and seasons along with the Sun and stars but it is not the leader of the year...anyways you're not worth talking to since you can't comprehend simple logic and arithmetic...you're the guy who can't understand that 52 Weeks × 7 Days = 364 Days because of the Sun...not the Moon...

Thanks for the laughs

Upvote 0

Torah Keeper

Jun 2, 2013
Tennessee
✟37,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
You said:
"The moon is nowhere in the Bible commanded to be observed."

Then you said:
" The moon is for signs and seasons "

That is a good sign. You are learning.

Would you please elaborate on what exactly the moon has to do with the Moedim(seasons)? Since previously you chose to ignore the moon completely, as if it did not exist. Obviously I believe months are lunations. Not divisions of the solar year that just coincidentally happen to be 30 days, just like the moon's lunation! What are the odds of that?

Why are you so hung up on this 364 day year? Again, I am telling you, the solar year has 365.2422 days. An even division into sevens does not work.

Yes I know 52x7=364. And guess what? 1+1=2. But this has nothing to do with the number of days in a solar year, a lunar year, or a lunisolar year.

And I am not preaching a modern solar calendar. I already told you to stop attacking that strawman. Leave it alone.

• Haha
Reactions: Humble Penny
Upvote 0

Humble Penny

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
San Francisco
✟239,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
You said:
"The moon is nowhere in the Bible commanded to be observed."

Then you said:
" The moon is for signs and seasons "

That is a good sign. You are learning.

Would you please elaborate on what exactly the moon has to do with the Moedim(seasons)? Since previously you chose to ignore the moon completely, as if it did not exist. Obviously I believe months are lunations. Not divisions of the solar year that just coincidentally happen to be 30 days, just like the moon's lunation! What are the odds of that?

Why are you so hung up on this 364 day year? Again, I am telling you, the solar year has 365.2422 days. An even division into sevens does not work.

Yes I know 52x7=364. And guess what? 1+1=2. But this has nothing to do with the number of days in a solar year, a lunar year, or a lunisolar year.

And I am not preaching a modern solar calendar. I already told you to stop attacking that strawman. Leave it alone.
Be sure to create a separate thread if you're going to want to debate non-related topics...this is about the translation of first day of the week vs Sabbaton...not a calendar...

Upvote 0