Fire at the farm! Barn gone. 70% of herd wiped out.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,942.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
2Q==

Praying to the Lord..Dear Father, please supply the needs of the grandparents, In Jesus Name, Amen
:groupray:

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
praying that shelter and food would be provided, that barns and trailers would be opened to your grandparents to aid them, and that when the time is right that extra labor would be on hand to erect a new barn on their ranch.:crossrc:

Praising God that He spared a remnant of the flock, including the three new lambs.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,942.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
"praying that shelter and food would be provided, that barns and trailers would be opened to your grandparents to aid them, and that when the time is right that extra labor would be on hand to erect a new barn on their ranch.

Praising God that He spared a remnant of the flock, including the three new lambs".

Praying with you on this...

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
My elderly grandparents own a sheep ranch. Fire struck the barn this Sunday night, and nothing was saved from it. 70 sheep lost their lives, with a few more dying days after. They only have 30 sheep left plus 3 babies born this week.

They unfortunately did not have insurance to cover this particular event.

Thankfully none of the farm equipment was destroyed, but my grandfather is at a loss for words. 27 years of work, in flames. My grandmother, resilient she is, is already thinking about how to recover, but currently they have no shelter for the remaining sheep. Please pray it doesn't snow a lot. Please pray for financing, and generosity and blessing. Please pray they get shelters up for the herd, food (they lost all their hay, which was stored in the barn to keep dry) and do not lose any more sheep. This is their livelihood.
Praying for them....will try to remember this Sat for the prayer conference call too

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
praying that all their good works, that all previous help given to others might now be returned to them in their time of need.

Praying that pockets would open, that what has been stored would be shared, and that their cup might be filled abundantly, pressed down, shaken together, and overflowing with God's abundant care, provision, and love. :hug:

Also praying that God would give them both His peace and His everlasting hope.:crossrc:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Josephus

<b>Co-Founder Christian Forums</b>
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2000
Kerbal Space Center
✟150,343.00
Faith
Messianic
Thank you.

To add excitement, Grandma was hospitalized last week for passing out with low blood pressure. Doc says shes healthy and to keep ranchin' as its dong a lot of good for them. Heh. Lots of cleanup to do though... and thanks to prayers, snows have been easy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Thank you.

To add excitement, Grandma was hospitalized last week for passing out with low blood pressure. Doc says shes healthy and to keep ranchin' as its dong a lot of good for them. Heh. Lots of cleanup to do though... and thanks to prayers, snows have been easy.

I hope she is feeling better now ~ continued prayers :crossrc:

Upvote 0

billvelek

Sep 16, 2014
Arkansas
✟8,154.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My elderly grandparents own a sheep ranch. Fire struck the barn this Sunday night, and nothing was saved from it. ... SNIP ...
They unfortunately did not have insurance to cover this particular event.

... SNIP

Also I note that later your Grandmother was hospitalized. My prayers are with you. I have just prayed for them, and have also added a note to my prayer-list in my bedroom to include them in my morning and night prayers. Also, it might not be commonly done (and I hope it isn't against any forum rules), but I would like to also help them with a small donation, if that is permissible. Please send me a private message either through my profile or via my private email address -- billvelek @ gmail dot com -- and provide their names (to whom I should make my check payable), and an address of where to send it. I hope no one thinks that this is me trying to show off, because I can assure everyone that my donation will be very meager, ... but every little bit helps.

And we can relate somewhat. Even though neither Pat and I nor any of our children were affected, ... last summer a tornado hit Pat's family's farm and completely destroyed several homes and barns, vehicles, etc. Her brother lost his entire house and separate work building (nothing left but the slabs); his son (our nephew) lost his house (nothing left on the slab except one partial wall with the kitchen cabinets and sink), plus his separate barn and workshop; his other son had minor damage to his house and things in the yard (grill, swingset, etc.); and her other brother's house was totaled -- carport and dormers on the roof gone, and other damage (bricks separating from the walls), but the roof also lifted up stretching all the electrical wiring (the indoor curtains were half inside and half outside the house, pinched between the wall and where the ceiling had sat back down onto the wall. Lots of vehicles, tractors, trailers, etc. -- all completely gone. BUT NO ONE WAS HURT! Thanks be to God Almighty. They are in the process of rebuilding now.

Please let me know how to get a small donation to your grandparents, or to you on their behalf. Thank you.

Your brother in Christ,

Bill Velek

Upvote 0