Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hear stories of elderly people in nursing homes who even manage to see that as a kind of mission field from God. I heard of one woman in her 90's who once a year would host a meal at her apartment and dozens of residents would come to enjoy her home-cooked food. It was her own special way of reaching out.

I also heard of an elderly Christian man who was so intentional about getting to know the other residents and caring for them, that virtually everyone knew him in a very short time. He was very outspoken about his faith and was definitely a light in a place that can be a continual reminder of death.

All that to say, no situation, even a nursing home, is without opportunities to be a witness to others. I'm sure you have some talent, even if you say you're not good at anything. You don't have to be the best for God to use it. Plenty of people have strengths that they keep to themselves which does no good to anyone. But if you have something you're even just decent at and use it for God's glory, I'm sure it will not go unnoticed or unappreciated.

You never retire from your relationship and faith in Christ. ;) It is this society that talks about retirement, even though the case may be different concerning working place, but retirement from God, should never happen!

None of the early disciples and apostles retired from preaching and evangelizing about Christ Jesus to others, they stayed faithful until their death! So when you see elderly men and women wanting to still reach out to others with Christ, you know for certain that they are close to Him! :):thumbsup:

And praise God for this too, that no matter what age one reaches, there is no limit in continue serving God!

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Devoted to Jesus - Less of me MORE of HIM
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm photographer as a hobby and a side job. How do you use something like that for the glory of God? I have no idea what spiritual gifts I have or where to start to use them. I have tried witnessing to my husbands friend who is an alcoholic. He seems a bit unresponsive. I have been trying to look for more opportunities. thanks

Take beautiful photographs of God's creation in nature, of people interacting or doing things then superimpose scripture on the photos that would be applicable to the photograph, frame them and sell them either online, at an art co-op, or to Chrisitan book stores.

Have you ever read Rick Warrens book "A Purpose Driven Life"? If not, get it asap and read it, prayerfully and a couple of times.

Your purpose for God in life will be tied to your deep, deep heart desires, and God is very aware of how much time you have right now to focus on His Purpose for you. When the time is right you must trust that God will open up your time and the way for you to live out your purpose for Him. For now, consider what I suggested doing and read the book.

Reactions: ARHCC
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Do you ever feel like all there is to life is to work, pay bills, and die? How do you find purpose when you have no time, but to work come home and sleep.

Work was an important part of my life and I was blessed by the opportunities to learn and grow in subjects that have served me well. But when I surrendered my life to God my primary concern was His best; His perfect will. Not the ending I had in mind.

I didn’t feel I’d find the answers consulting others or succumbing to distractions. I spent a long time in prayer and fasting over the years to discern the truth. The close fellowship deepened our relationship and my ability to persevere despite delays and uncertainty.

Delayed gratification has become a significant strength that I rely on in every area of life. I’m not bothered by waiting or not knowing. I trust Him.

The greatest benefit of discovering ones purpose is the heightened peace and meaning each day brings. Synergy is a constant and watching things come together on your behalf is humbling.

My approach to purpose is presence. It isn’t predicated on doing, striving, or trying. It’s the ebb and flow of remaining on the path He designed. I suppose you could say I’m reactive. I follow where He leads.

Upvote 0