Indiana
✟8,486.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
PaladinValer said:
Metal Blade, you are wrong.

All the FFs from III (the real one) to the one today are realtime; there is an active timebar that counts down when the character can move again (it is hidden in IV). The only take turns are I-III (including the REAL II) and perhaps X (the MMORPG one, I believe), though I've never played it, so do not take my knowledge of that one by my words alone.

I-III, and X are turn-based. IV-IX and XI are in ATB, though XI is on a different scale than that.

Upvote 0

MetalBlade

Defender of the Faith
Feb 23, 2003
Bowling Green, Ohio
Visit site
✟2,632.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
PaladinValer said:
Metal Blade, you are wrong.

All the FFs from III (the real one) to the one today are realtime; there is an active timebar that counts down when the character can move again (it is hidden in IV). The only take turns are I-III (including the REAL II) and perhaps X (the MMORPG one, I believe), though I've never played it, so do not take my knowledge of that one by my words alone.
ah yes, well I forgot about the time bar. I haven't played FF7-9 in along time. I believe FF X and X-2 are turn based though. I couldn't remember the word for that.

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Metal, IV is often seen at turn as well, only because there isn't a time bar visible...guess the technology wasn't around yet...a pity.

I'd love to actually see I-VII and IX revamped into VIII/XI-type graphics and also expanded (mainly I-VI). It would be truly spectacular and I'd even buy a PS3 just to play those games.

Upvote 0

MJ_Avalanche

Nov 13, 2004
Florida
✟8,298.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
FFVII has been around for several years... There's a new movie or something or another that's supposed to be a "sequel" to FFVII. That's probably what you're hearing about.

Although, the American and Japanese numbers don't match up. (e.g.: III Amer=VI Jap)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Los

Sep 22, 2004
Indiana
✟8,486.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
I - US/Jap release.
II - Jap release
III - Jap release
IV/II - Jap/US release
V - Jap release
VI/III - Jap/US release
VII - Jap/US release
VIII - Jap/US release
IX - Jap/US release
X - Jap/US release
IX - Jap/US release
X2 - Jap/US release
XII - Jap/US release

V & VI were released on the PSone as Anthologies. Japan had IV, V, and VI.
IV and Chrono Trigger were released in the US as Chronicles.
I & II were released in the US as Origins, and again in the GBA title "Dawn of Souls".
XII hasn't been released yet.

Upvote 0

WhirlwindMonk

D Knight - Master of Zefiris
Mar 6, 2005
A little city in Micigan during breaks and Grove C
Visit site
✟16,987.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Tempest Gale said:
Is there any suggestive things in FF that would keep me from playing it I don't want to get in trouble if one of my parents walk in my room while I'm playing and see something and ground me or something.

VII has a notable amount of language, IX and X have some, but far between usually. I have yet to play VIII. X-2, I haven't played yet, but does have the girls in very "limited" clothing. Not a problem with me or my parents (well, my mom might not like it, but she won't stop me from playing it), but could be for yours. Beyond those, I can't help you. You safest bets, as far as my knowledge goes are IX and X. Less (in amount and strength) than VII, and none of the suggestive stuff of X-2.

Upvote 0

Chrome

It's a Dead Man's party
Sep 9, 2004
Alaska
✟9,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
MJ_Avalanche said:
Tactics Advance is GREAT.

can't agree with that. I played Tactics on PS1 and was hoping Tactics Advance was at least half as good as that, but it didn't even get close to tolerable. The gameplay was just...ugh. And the laws...oh the laws were just pointless, they even used laws as story filler which was really dissapointing.

anyway, i thought it wasn't great at all

Reactions: ArmouredSaint
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Los

Sep 22, 2004
Indiana
✟8,486.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Tempest Gale said:
Is there any suggestive things in FF that would keep me from playing it I don't want to get in trouble if one of my parents walk in my room while I'm playing and see something and ground me or something.

There are implied meanings behind some of the major themes. But your parents won't freak out... unless they're holy rollers.

Upvote 0

ArmouredSaint

Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
montana
✟9,452.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
I am with you here,I actually finished most of these games too easily,there's no joy in it for me anyways.Traded all mine in at the game store.:sorry:
Yam Kimil said:
can't agree with that. I played Tactics on PS1 and was hoping Tactics Advance was at least half as good as that, but it didn't even get close to tolerable. The gameplay was just...ugh. And the laws...oh the laws were just pointless, they even used laws as story filler which was really dissapointing.

anyway, i thought it wasn't great at all

Upvote 0

jakl721

Jul 15, 2005
Springfield,Mo
✟777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
DON'T get FF Crystal Chronicles. My friend told me the only thing you do in that game is walk around collecting crystals to save your world from the mist...the only fun we had one that game is playing multi-player.....which is soooo much fun....but if you are buying it to play by yourself...don't.

Upvote 0

Tempest Gale

May 29, 2005
Some where over the rainbow.
Visit site
✟513.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Have any of you heard that they are going to make crystal chronicles and FF3 for that DS... I was just wondering how they are going to use the touch screen and how they might change the game. I would be borring to play the same game again cause I've almost beaten FF2 and already beaten the 1st one.

Upvote 0