Los

Sep 22, 2004
Indiana
✟8,486.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
I've played all of them, beaten all of them, and have to say that IV, VI, VIII, and IX are the better ones.

FFVII redefined the RPG genre. If you like that, you'll enjoy VIII-XI. FFI is traditional and is prevalent through all the games up to VI. Though they all possess a majority of the same elements, FFVII begins a new approach to RPGs. I prefer the old school way; sprites are your friends.

Upvote 0

MJ_Avalanche

Nov 13, 2004
Florida
✟8,298.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Tempest Gale said:
I'm not playing FF1 on a ness I'm playing the one that they made for gameboy that has th 1st and 1nd on one thing. it's nice.
I still need to get that.
As for me, I'm not currently playing any FF games, but I'd like to get back into FFIII/VI

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MJ_Avalanche

Nov 13, 2004
Florida
✟8,298.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Redguard said:
My wife just bought a GameCube and she's been talking about Crystal Chronicles. Should we get it? Anyone play it?
CC is fun... as long as you have other people to play it with. The Single player is kind of so-so, but the Multi is quite good.

It's also very non-traditional in the FF sense. Very Zelda-esque.

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
FFI is great. I particularly enjoy the recent remake on the GBA.

FFII (the real II, not IV with Cecil and Co.) is the rogue child of the series. Many liked it, and many didn't, due to the advancement system. I've played it and will eventually get back to it, although it is definitely my least favorite.

FFIII (again, the real III, not VI with Terra and Co.) is a great game too. It has not yet been remade, so you'll have to import. I'm almost done with it, and have enjoyed it.

FFIV is the best of the series, hands down.

FFV is complex in how your characters build their power, although the combinations are quite fun and useful once you get the hang of it. Great game too.

FFVI is my second favorite. Excellent storyline; second only to IV.

FFVII, despite being overrated, is in fact a great game. Materia system is limiting, however.

FFVIII has a very complex storyline, which I enjoy. It and FFVI to me are tied in that area.

Never played any others, except FF:MQ, which is, while very basic, fun to play too.

Upvote 0

Los

Sep 22, 2004
Indiana
✟8,486.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
PaladinValer said:
FFI is great. I particularly enjoy the recent remake on the GBA.

FFII (the real II, not IV with Cecil and Co.) is the rogue child of the series. Many liked it, and many didn't, due to the advancement system. I've played it and will eventually get back to it, although it is definitely my least favorite.

FFIII (again, the real III, not VI with Terra and Co.) is a great game too. It has not yet been remade, so you'll have to import. I'm almost done with it, and have enjoyed it.

FFIV is the best of the series, hands down.

FFV is complex in how your characters build their power, although the combinations are quite fun and useful once you get the hang of it. Great game too.

FFVI is my second favorite. Excellent storyline; second only to IV.

FFVII, despite being overrated, is in fact a great game. Materia system is limiting, however.

FFVIII has a very complex storyline, which I enjoy. It and FFVI to me are tied in that area.

Never played any others, except FF:MQ, which is, while very basic, fun to play too.

FF: MQ - Another "rogue" child of FF, critizied by its kidish nature and easy gameplay (maybe square had that in mind all along). Great music for the 16 bit era.

FFIX: Very original with some neat things about it. You see Sakaguchi's genius in this one.

FFX: Lame but interesting in regards to the story and how it fans out.

FFX2: The only true sequel to any FF, finishes where FFX left off.

I will disagree with you on FFVII. I just don't like it... period.

Upvote 0

skysthelimit

Senior Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
New Jersey
✟19,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've played just about all of them. Final Fantasy V, VI, and VII are my favorites. After that, I didn't fully care for them as much. VIII was nice, but it got irritating after a while. XI i've been hearing from everyone is excellent, but I personally hate it. X was nice, I liked it primarily for blitzball and the new graphics and attacks. The characters were annoying though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

skysthelimit

Senior Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
New Jersey
✟19,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
but'n'ben said:
I played Kingdom Hearts as my first FF type of game then tried FFX and hated it. The whole fighting system is far too delayed.

Yeah, but they are 2 different battle styles. Plus....FFX had the first turn based combat system without the time bar, so I understand what you mean there. Kingdom Hearts was a good start though, as it was an enjoyable game.

Upvote 0

MetalBlade

Defender of the Faith
Feb 23, 2003
Bowling Green, Ohio
Visit site
✟2,632.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
but'n'ben said:
I played Kingdom Hearts as my first FF type of game then tried FFX and hated it. The whole fighting system is far too delayed.
that's because KH is an action RPG, while FF are take turn RPG's (sorry can't think of the real name for it).

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Metal Blade, you are wrong.

All the FFs from III (the real one) to the one today are realtime; there is an active timebar that counts down when the character can move again (it is hidden in IV). The only take turns are I-III (including the REAL II) and perhaps X (the MMORPG one, I believe), though I've never played it, so do not take my knowledge of that one by my words alone.

Upvote 0