United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
From the glow of the eye, the shooter was visible. @LaSorcia stood tall, gun held above her head.

'Right everyone, how quick do you think we can find @*LILAC She may need urgent help'...

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
oh no, now every burger had fallen into the fire and was soon to be burnt to a crisp but everyone agreed @Lilac was a priority and not @DavidFirth s stomach so........

Upvote 0

DavidFirth

Saved by the blood of the Lamb
Site Supporter
Nov 8, 2017
North Georgia
✟47,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
@christine40 shoved a lump of dirt into David's mouth and shouted, "Ride 'em, cowboy, we got to find @*LILAC right now!" @Doctor.Sphinx led the way toward the sound of the shot but then...

Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Turned back in surprise. There, in the clearing, someone was reading from Matthew chapter 5 - he thought he could make out @*LILAC, but couldn't be certain. Doctor Sphinx nodded his head in approval. As he listened, he realised the voice was reading from the KJV, no less. Doctor Sphinx nodded his head again in approval, as the group sat around the campfire that @*LILAC had prepared (using copious amounts of petrol, hence the "shot" that was heard by the group earlier).

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."

"Well, what an interesting passage" stated @DavidFirth somewhat obviously.

"Indeed" agreed Doctor Sphinx, "And it seems to rule out our dirty, naughty leprechaun friend ever entering the kingdom of heaven. His righteousness certainly doesn't exceed that of the Pharisees. Even that really bad one - uhhh... I think he was called Saul..."

"Silly!" exclaimed @Sam91, now wearing the yarmulke of extra-ordinary New Testament knowledge. "He changed his name to Paul, but that's beside the point. None of our righteousness allows us to enter Heaven..."

Doctor Sphinx let out a gasp - "You mean... Not even mine..."

"No", the group replied unanimously.

"But, but..." continued the doctor, somewhat surprised and more than a little desperate, "I save lives, I impart wisdom, I know the scriptures back to front...I...uh..."
"I even wear this little religious hat like Sam" he pointed, as he quickly donned the yarmulke of apparent Jewish ancestry, "and I've done so for more than 3000 years!"

The group gasped, as no one had expected the doctor to be quite so old, especially considering his apparent rapport with the younger generation.

"Do you dye your hair and beard?" the @GreenWizard enquired. "It's just a little odd that you're not grey, considering your age and all..."

"Still no good" Sam91 interrupted, bringing the topic back on track, "because God's standard is perfection. Remember that little, white lie you posted about yourself the other week to appear more righteous..."

Doctor Sphinx stared at the ground, hoping someone would change the topic, and quickly...

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
away from the campfire but as @Lilac resumed reading from the Bible, her quiet yet authentic voice drew him back to hear the word of God and he silently resumed his spot around the glowing fire as a thought popped into his head "I'm still somewhat ruggedly handsome"

he quickly shook that out of his head to concentrate on these words that Lilac was now reading:

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;" @Doctor.Sphinx sighed at this.

" Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee..."

That was it... it was all too much. The penitent and portly, but still ruggedly handsome, @Doctor.Sphinx stood up. He strode determinedly towards @GreenWizard , held out his hand and said "I humbly apologise for all the mean and wicked thoughts I have had towards you... The nasty, odious words I have uttered. Lording it over you with sheer arrogance. I beg your forgiveness"

@DavidFirth @Kiterius @Ancient of Days @christine40 and @*LILAC were astounded. @LaSorcia @joyshirley and the rest had fallen asleep to @*LILAC 's soothing words, blissfully dreaming that they were 2000 years in the past, on the mount at their Saviour's feet.

The possibly infectious, even contagious (yet the brave Doctor S was still awaiting a handshake) little leprechaun did not know what to think! Was this a ploy? Could @Doctor.Sphinx be serious? Mirth glimmered in the leprechaun's eyes as he...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
sunk his fangs in deep.

The Doctor withdrew his hand at once with a shout, but the two, tell-tale puncture marks gave him all the diagnoses he would need.

Trismus, stiffness of neck muscles, difficulty swallowing - these symtoms were bound to follow. Abdominal muscle stiffening, painful body spasms lasting several minutes interspersed with fever, sweating, elevated blood pressure and rapid heart rate - these would come next. Finally... the Doctor looked down at the leprechaun as it tried to hide its malodorous scent amidst the foul-smelling flowers of a nearby stink-shrub... death.

After more than 3000 years dealing with the rise and fall of civilisations, soothing irritating Pharaohs and curing all manner of plagues and ills, he, the somewhat great but certainly renowned Doctor Sphinx would die from the bite of a common rodent.

For a brief instant, he considered challenging @DavidFirth to a duel, so that he might die in noble combat sooner, rather than later under the bone-breaking convulsions of his own muscles. He quickly put this thought aside, as he felt sure that @Sam91 and @LaSorcia would not approve... although... he thought again, were I to involve certain medieval weapons - cutlasses maybe... LaSorcia might just be prepared to turn a blind eye...

He wondered what it might be like to feature as a star attraction at Sam91's ghastly museum of taxidermy. How would the masses of tourists be kept entertained, with a non-speaking, non-thinking Sphinx? "And a fat one at that", he thought again, scowling at @Ancient of Days.

"Probably one of the others - maybe @Ancient of Days - he doesn't appear to be terribly clever and he called me fat" thought the Doctor crossly - "will offer me some sort of superstitious token to ward of the lockjaw demons." He would have to refuse, despite their sincerest intentions - "I can't support superstitious nonsense, whether it invokes the 'demons' of illness, nor the 'science' of vaccination, nor the 'magic' of..."

His thoughts were interrupted by Sam91's stern voice.

"GreenWizard! How could you? You've bitten the Doctor!"

The leprechaun continued rubbing itself with the foul flowers of the stink-shrub, as if fetid odour alone could render it invisible.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Carly, the librarian looked up from her personal author signed book at the third grade class she was reading to and noticed a couple girls had tears in their eyes. The boys were learning forward, however, eager for more of the story.

Carly momentarily wondered if this was the wrong award winning book to be reading.
Many of the elementary schools where she was a guest reader liked this particular classic Christian tale and it seemed she now had passages memorized.

However, the girls could stop dabbing at their eyes as they were soon to get good news. The librarian turned the page and resumed reading.............

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@*LILAC held the good, but ailing' Doctor's head, speaking in immensely soothing tones. "Don't worry @Doctor.Sphinx , you can do this but you will need to fight. You have fought off many things during your long and courageous life. Trust in the Lord, all will be well. Sam 91 has the yarmulke of toxicological assistance somewhere in her bag..."

"Just promise me one thing, don't let @Sam91 get a hold of my corpse..." he replied, becoming delirious...

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sam91 tutted. She slapped @Doctor.Sphinx twice firmly, but not too violently. "That's it... you will be fine. The 'rodentlike creature' has had his shots. It is just prejudice making you irrational. Stand up! Look sharp! That's it..."

She continued quietly "... what are we going to do about him, to bite you, after you were soo gracious... I have laxatives... but that is a little messy..."

"SAMANTHA!" Exclaimed @LaSorcia "I expected better of YOU. Don't be led astray by the mischievious Sphinx... have you forgotten so fast what became of your nemesis" At once Sam91 felt remorse, remembering never to repay evil with evil.

A lightbulb went off in the vain, but ruggedly handsome, Dr's head...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
... if only he could trust Sam91's logic and sheer wisdom. "She was right about Pharoah, healed me in Tibet, saved the unicorn... but the her hatred for @Samantha91 No!! She is just a human. Fallible! Why should I trust in her. She has man's understanding. Deluded like the rest of them...."

He cried out with his usual flair for melodrama "T'is a scratch, a scratch!.. But t'is enough, t'will serve" He staggered, dropping to his knees... "Diiiiiiiieeeee-eeeeeing." He gurgled, eyes rolling in his head.

@DavidFirth had just about enough of this nonsense and snarked "Oh, just die quietly"

@Doctor.Sphinx opened his eyes wide, seeing him as if for the first time. The traitor. He thought he could trust David. "He was honourable, he was willing to die for his friend. Alas, he is just a man, human, flawed. David... Trust... Infallible, Healer... Son of David..." His eyes filled with hope. Then remorse. His unworthiness flooded into his mind, his heart. "What a wretched man am I? Who could forgive me?" He sobbed.

His friends rushed to him. @GreenWizard arriving first, also guilt ridden, repentant...

@*LILAC put her hand on his shoulder and said gently, so gently that @Doctor.Sphinx listened, drinking in her soothing words of truth. "As we were saying before all this much ado about nothing, none are righteous, none. Except one."...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The good doctor brushed his hands, dusted himself off, and resumed his position with the others around the fire place. He even took a brief moment to pat the leprechaun on the head, but then quickly recoiled at the foul smell which did not delay in transferring to his hand.

"I'm terribly sorry about that", he said to no one in particular.

"Tetanus," he explained casually, on observing the questioning looks of the others, "A horrific disease, and more than a mite uncomfortable. But I'm all better now."

"But how..?" began the @GreenWizard.

"Oh," explained the good doctor graciously, "Although I've never really looked into it myself, it's apparently caused by a bacterium named Clostridium Tetani, or Clostrid, to his nearest and dearest. Clostrid prefers to hang out in soil, dust, manure... and leprechaun saliva".

@Sam91 looked shocked. "You mean the Green Wizard caused your disease?"

The doctor waved his contaminated hand, with the air of someone apparently so used to contracting life-threatening diseases from leprechauns that he no longer thinks more about this than he does about putting on a hat.

"Think nothing of it, Sam91," explained the doctor, "or should I say... Samantha" he continued, looking briefly at LaSorcia.

"Actually, Sam91" corrected Sam91, "Samantha... uhh... is no longer with us, as you can see."

"Quite." agreed the doctor amicably.

"Samantha..." asked the doctor.

"Sam91," corrected Sam91.

"I have a favour to ask", requested the other.

"Be careful", whispered @LaSorcia to Sam91, as the doctor continued.

"Please get on with it Doctor", begged @DavidFirth, "I have a plane to catch".

"Well, the Pharaoh and I have had something of a disagreement", the doctor continued, "and, despite my skill, wit and various combat abilities..."
At this, LaSorcia nodded, as she had been secretly impressed with the doctor's victory against the Philistines.
"The odds of my defeating a Pharaoh and his entire army are less than I would like to put a wager on..."

"And so you want to hide out in my museum of taxidermy for a week or so, until the heat dies down?" asked Sam91 hopefully.
"But the embalming process - won't it be quite difficult to reverse, you know, when the heat does die down. I mean, if the heat ever does die down. What if the heat doesn't ever die down?" she continued.

"Uhhh. Actually, I was hoping to avoid the embalming process altogether", explained the doctor.
"I was thinking that I could be packaged into one of these nearby cargo crates here, and be mailed to your museum of taxidermy, and by the time the heat has died down, in a week or so for example..."

"Done and done!" exclaimed David Firth, as he quickly boxed the doctor into the freight container.

"Quickly", he called to Sam91, "Fill out this consignment note and have it sent to your museum."

"But will we hear from him while he's enroute?" enquired @christine40.

"Who cares?" asked LaSorcia. "Online friends come and online friends go, but who can turn down the offer of a Sphinx-free week?"

@*LILAC nodded her head in quiet agreement. It was for the best.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christine was a bit upset then. Not only was she worried @Doctor.Sphinx would run out of air but was perturbed by @LaSorcia 's comment. With all their travels, she though the CF friends were becoming closer and closer and a tight knit group. Maybe it was all in her head? Maybe we should all go back home to our families and end this trip?

As she looked around at the remaining CF crew, she asked the question...........

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@Sam91 assured @christine40 that there were enough airholes and now that @GreenWizard and the good doctor had mended their rift there was no longer a reason for either of them to stick around.

That she would oversee the transportation of the cargo and will not start an embalming process while he was asleep. That she would return to her native land after seeing to his safe arrival. She would never forget the friendships that she had made but if they ever needed her she was only a phonecall, message away.

'Farewell everyone' she sighed, despondant but looking forward to disposing of the good doctor then travelling home for a nice, restful bath.

' @Doctor.Sphinx you can get out of that crate. If you think I'm lugging your overgrown behind all the way to the ship you can think again. Pull your own weight.'

The others...

Upvote 0

DavidFirth

Saved by the blood of the Lamb
Site Supporter
Nov 8, 2017
North Georgia
✟47,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
decided that the doctor was staying. After giving him knock out gas and begging @LaSorcia to relax and sit down, the doctor was placed in an old crate and loaded into the back of the new truck @Sam91 had so reluctantly leased for the group. It was decided that the group would now go to Hong Kong and check out the wreck of the Queen Elizabeth. David Firth was excited and @gennypearl was finally going to get back on an island.

@Dirk1540 joined the group and began to slowly but surely calm @LaSorcia down. She was not happy that the good doctor was being forced to stay with the group.

@christine40 was admiring the flowers she had picked when all of a sudden...

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
she heard splashing and laughing.

She followed the sounds down a small embankment to see
@Sam91 splashing in a small pond. She was determined not to miss
her "nice, restful bath" she had planned.
Suddenly @LaSorcia jumped in and the two were giggling like schoolgirls despite the fact their clothes were soaked and weighing them down.

@DavidFirth and @Ancient of Days and @gennypearl were huddled together discussing the groups next stop in Hong Kong.

She looked to @Doctor.Sphinx(who had jumped out of the truck) to figure out what he was thinking and wondered if he was truly all healed.

Christine sat down with her flowers and peered up at the cumulus clouds and thanked God that the CF group seemed at peace for the moment.

Then suddenly she remembered all the burgers had burnt up and what were they to eat?
And where was @Lilac ?........

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
@Dirk1540 joined the group and began to slowly but surely calm @LaSorcia down. She was not happy that the good doctor was being forced to stay with the group...
Wow you guys really have some involved storyline going on here! To avoid derailing it I’ll just add...

...after a mere 20 minutes had passed by the group huddled up and said to each other “What were we thinking? Does anyone actually like Dirk?? Hey I have an idea! Let’s pull up to a convenient store and tell him that we’re all craving Doritos, and would he please grab a few bags...as soon as he enters the store stomp on that gas pedal!!!”

Ok carry along now people lol...

Upvote 0