Fever & Growth Spurts

Lena75

Aug 11, 2004
✟21,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wasn't sure if I should post this in the Fitness & Health or here. I chose here because we're (mostly) all parents.

My 4 yr. old daughter has a bit of a fever. There's been more stress this week because it was back-to-school week and routines were getting settled. Yesterday was a crazy day...I won't go there!...
Anyway, I was wondering if kids usually have a fever while having a growth spurt? The last time she was like this, I'd brought her to the dr. and he said her temp. was normal and she was fine. That was last year.
She's eating normally, acting normally (even had a tickling match earlier this morning!) Our oldest son had these too, fever and just extra sleepy. I asked my daughter if anything hurts or feels weird. She says no.

Anyone else go through similar stages?

brokenbananas

Senior Veteran
Apr 3, 2004
✟18,816.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For fevers, I give the kids a cool bath. That naturally brings down the temperature so they are a little more comfortable. However, the point of a fever is to fight an infection. Too high of a fever makes young children very uncomfortable & irritable. Oh joy. I try not to give the children any meds. We're into holistic, natural healthcare.

Something that helps us out a lot to more quickly get over colds, etc. is taking a diluted form of Oil of Oregano. The stuff tastes terrible, but somehow it works miracles for us in getting us healthy again fairly quickly.

Our daughter does a lot of exercise, so her body sometimes is sore. She's been getting taller. I haven't heard her complaining.

Upvote 0

Crofter

White Rose
Mar 18, 2004
Yorkshire.
✟656.00
Faith
Christian
I think there are a lot of demands on kids this age and they are growing and developing immune systema and working long shifts at school...

My kids have never had high temps but at that age were sometimes a bit off colour. My oldest I was firm with and sent to school... but with my younger kid I tended to keep him home if he was off colour to give his body the rest I felt at times was needed by such a young chap.

Upvote 0

Jillian1527

Apr 10, 2004
Indiana
✟8,024.00
Faith
Christian
fever can be brought on my stress. My girls I have noticed,will get a rash, eat really well and sleep an extra 2 hours for a few weeks, and are grumpy too. then its like Oh wow. you have grown and your shoes or what not doesnt fit any more.
some times children act completly fine and still run a fever. My oldest did this for 10 days at 3 months. she ran a 103 fever and acted fine. ate fine. I took her to the ER 2 times and they couldnt find a thing wrong with her. I would say as long as she acts ok. then theres prolly not to much to worry about.
-Jillian

Upvote 0