Ferrah Fenton's translation

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Ferrar Fenton Bible Translation Download

What I found interesting was in Genesis, where he says "By periods" God created...

I was just checking into this from another thread and thought it might need to have its own thread, as Farrah Fenton took a different route in some of the translation choices for the words he use.
I have a bible dd 1906, written by Farrah Fenton who had never read the bible before and set about learning Hebrew, Chaldee and Greek and then translated the texts into English. The Tanach is in the correct order, but the CT has a few changes in its order

He writes that the Tanach is: Translated from the Hebrew, Chaldee and Greek languages. Amazing that he got the correct order! It would seem that his version of the bible went down like a lead balloon with the people. I think that was largely because of the changes he made to the CT.

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Another example is "let us make man under Our shadow, as our Representatives.."

His choices are interesting indeed. The connotations coming from these words choices give us a different impression that what we are use to. In this care, I am not too sure what he means by "under Our shadow"...

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Another example is "let us make man under Our shadow, as our Representatives.."

His choices are interesting indeed. The connotations coming from these words choices give us a different impression that what we are use to. In this care, I am not too sure what he means by "under Our shadow"...

I do not have a commentary on it, and I do not know if there ever was one. I would take the above phrase as 'under Our authority, as our Representatives'. Not sure what he meant by 'our' though, unless it is the Trinity.

Upvote 0

Athenahoros

Oct 7, 2020
Ottawa, ON
✟15,651.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Ferrar Fenton Bible Translation Download

What I found interesting was in Genesis, where he says "By periods" God created...

I was just checking into this from another thread and thought it might need to have its own thread, as Farrah Fenton took a different route in some of the translation choices for the words he use.
I also found several different translation options

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

I'm having trouble with it right out of the gate.

Screenshot_2020-10-14 genesis pdf.png

How does this translator get "solar systems" out of shamayim?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Would it depend on what Hebrew Text this person is using to translate from? I ask because I know there are many textual errors in the Greek writings of the NT.

Until the discovery of the Qumran scrolls, to my knowledge, there was only one, maybe two, variant manuscripts to the Masoretic Text. Those would be the Septuagint, and maybe the Samaritan Pentateuch; but the Samaritan Pentateuch wouldn't account for the balance of the translation of the TaNaK.

Without doing a study, I'm fairly confident that the source of this translation was the Masoretic Text.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Until the discovery of the Qumran scrolls, to my knowledge, there was only one, maybe two, variant manuscripts to the Masoretic Text. Those would be the Septuagint, and maybe the Samaritan Pentateuch; but the Samaritan Pentateuch wouldn't account for the balance of the translation of the TaNaK.

Without doing a study, I'm fairly confident that the source of this translation was the Masoretic Text.

Thanks! I had an inclination that the scribes of the Torah were a bit more strict and they are.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Thanks! I had an inclination that the scribes of the Torah were a bit more strict and they are.

The scripture was unified by the Masoretes, about 700 to 1000 years after the fall of the temple. The Qumran scrolls reveal variants that were in circulation at the time if Yahshua. There is strong evidence that Qumran scrolls were taken from the Temple, when the rightful Priesthood was ousted, before Yahshua was born.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Thank you for answering that!!

when the rightful Priesthood was ousted.

Can I ask what you mean by this? I am not familiar with this at all.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Can I ask what you mean by this? I am not familiar with this at all.

I have an awesome video that gives a broad perspective on this subject. It's an excellent staring point; if you want to dig into some deep bunny holes.

More goodies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0