In the Norse Lands
✟54,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
That depends on the drug. Some are highly addictive, some are not so. I have been told that cigs are harder to quit than heroin.

JM
Yes, but cigs will not kill you as fast as heroin can. Also, cigs are harder to get adicted to than heroin.

Upvote 0

CwazyfoGod

Jun 1, 2007
✟7,613.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
You don't become an alcohol with a single sip. It isn't that addictive.

JM
no its true. I heard a man tell his testiemony (lol I don' think I spelt that right) and his uncle gave him a single sip. Right then he became an alcohalic. At age 9!!!!

Upvote 0

DrStupid_Ben

Apr 22, 2006
Cenral Coast, NSW
✟8,105.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Democrats
no its true. I heard a man tell his testiemony (lol I don' think I spelt that right) and his uncle gave him a single sip. Right then he became an alcohalic. At age 9!!!!
Well, a child is affected by alcohol so much more than an adult. I doubt that that would happen to an adult.

Upvote 0

djconklin

Moderate SDA
Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
✟11,806.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If you had close family members who were alcoholics you are prone to become one yourself (like my grandfather and one uncle on my dad's side). It might take more than a sip; but, why should you try to see how close to the edge you can get when you never know where the edge is?

Upvote 0

Shizzle

Mar 19, 2005
✟8,792.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 11:19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and "sinners." ' But wisdom is proved right by her actions."

Would they call him a drunkard if he was drinking water?

Romans 14:1 Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.(vegetarians have weak faith) The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him.

Romans 14:21 It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother to fall.

Romans 14:22-23 So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves. But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

So why wouldnt we drink wine? Because it might tempt our brother with a weak conscience, to do something against his faith. Otherwise, drinking wine and eating meat while we are alone is fine.

Colossians 2:16-17 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Upvote 0

djconklin

Moderate SDA
Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
✟11,806.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mva1985

Senior Veteran
Jun 18, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟19,628.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It sure seems like from Deut. 14 that God cares what we put in our bodies. He defines clean and unclean food. And if you go back even further to creation He even gave clear directions on what the first family was to eat.

It seems very clear from some on this thread that you want to drink wine, please go ahead and get it out of your system. God is your judge. If you are using the Bible to justify your drinking then you will have to answer to Him - not me.

The Bible talks about drinking in some circumstances and also NOT drinking. So lets all be honest as to what we are doing with the Bible.

One of the questions we should be asking ourselves is how is this affecting my salvation? Is it beneficial or not? Are you placing a stumbling block in front of another?

God speaks in the Bible about how a servant/slave is to be treated, but does that mean He approved of having slaves? I don't think so. The same applies to drinking in my opinion.

Upvote 0

moicherie

True Brit
Oct 13, 2005
United Kingdom
✟16,811.00
Faith
SDA
It sure seems like from Deut. 14 that God cares what we put in our bodies. He defines clean and unclean food. And if you go back even further to creation He even gave clear directions on what the first family was to eat.

It seems very clear from some on this thread that you want to drink wine, please go ahead and get it out of your system. God is your judge. If you are using the Bible to justify your drinking then you will have to answer to Him - not me.

The Bible talks about drinking in some circumstances and also NOT drinking. So lets all be honest as to what we are doing with the Bible.

One of the questions we should be asking ourselves is how is this affecting my salvation? Is it beneficial or not? Are you placing a stumbling block in front of another?

God speaks in the Bible about how a servant/slave is to be treated, but does that mean He approved of having slaves? I don't think so. The same applies to drinking in my opinion.

I suppose you condemn Jesus for his wine drinking just like the Pharisees did?

Upvote 0

mva1985

Senior Veteran
Jun 18, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟19,628.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just because the Pharisees called Jesus a drunkard does not mean that He was one.

I would imagine that whatever Jesus did He always made sure that He was never impaired so that He would not sin. For that is why He came here - to show us a better way, but yet He did not sin.

Upvote 0