• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Felt like I just back slid after doing so well

Status
Not open for further replies.

babegirl111

Jan 17, 2008
✟7,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am so afraid right now and I just don't know how to deal with it. I had been doing so good up until now. I few minutes ago I was just sitting on the couch and this disgusting sexual blasphemous thought came into my head. I was just trying to ignore it and not listen to it and it seems as it was being said in my head that (with my mouth closed) my teeth kind of open and closed like i felt like I had said the syllable in my mouth. If you don't understand what I mean just open your teeth a tiny bit slightly while your mouth is completely closed and kind of clack them against eachother and dont open your teeth completely in your mouth just a tiny bit really softly and you will know what i mean. This has been a brand new obsession I have been dealing with and I feel I have spoken something blasphemous without even opening my mouth or barley even moving my toungue in my mouth. And since I was fustrated because of the thought at the time my mind is telling me that if I moved my teeth in o th syllables of the words that I said it on purpose. I was doing so good until just a minute ago. I am so scared and fustrated because now my mind is telling me I am condemned. Please help me someone.

Jayangel81

Child of the Most High
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2007
Long Island Ny, USA
✟49,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:hug::hug::hug:((((((Hugs)))))):hug::hug::hug:
I know exactly what you mean, and it is disgusting, this used to haunt me big time but i would also get visuals as well...I think out of everything ive experianced this one haunted me the most..and for some reason it was always Jesus,which was what it was about.

I know how tiresome it is to hear but you must just ignore it and let it be. Dont let the enemy/s get you into doubts. thats what it wants.

I wish i can transfer youre pain onto me so you wouldnt have to deal with it, but for now youll have to keep trusting Jesus and know that all will be ok. Let us pray:)

Dear Father and Lord Jesus Christ please ease her pain and comfort her, she needs you right now. Shes not sure how to handle this at the moment and she needs youre guidance. please ease her pains. Lift her up into youre arms and carry her throughout her trials. Please strengthen her with your Holy Spirit. Our enemies are trying to feed her lies of condemnation, oh how I know how this feels as you were there for me when i was enduring it. Please take care of her as you had many times done for me. And please shower her with your love forever. I ask this in Jesus Name, Amen.

Upvote 0

babegirl111

Jan 17, 2008
✟7,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks so much Jayangel, you always know what to say. Right now I am still just trying to ignore the doubt in me but it just keeps creeping up on me. I just hate the thing about having severe OCD, most of us can just push the thoughts off but when you start to fear that you may have spoken something that is where the real fear comes in. It is tough but hopefully I will get through this in a couple of days or I am hoping over night. I hate dealing with this so much and it scares half crazy!

Upvote 0

PARCmd

Nov 27, 2007
✟7,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This has happened to me literally hundreds of times, there are also instances when I'm pretty sure that I've said something bad, especially the blasphemy. And I also went short of having nervous breakdown last week. This is the most terrible Obsession that one can ever have, I think.

Upvote 0

Jayangel81

Child of the Most High
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2007
Long Island Ny, USA
✟49,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This has happened to me literally hundreds of times, there are also instances when I'm pretty sure that I've said something bad, especially the blasphemy. And I also went short of having nervous breakdown last week. This is the most terrible Obsession that one can ever have, I think.

But you need to ignore it brother. just let it go through one ear out the other. Its the only way

Upvote 0

babegirl111

Jan 17, 2008
✟7,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey Jayangel, I am doing so so much better. The thought has really not crossed my mind this whole day. I do feel that I really am defeating my OCD and now its truly Amazing. Thank you for your prayers.

Also Parc believe me I know it is tough and I have been praying for you, don't give up.If you find things to take up your time it really can help you forget about your OCD sometimes. We all just have to realize that GOD cares and loves us and that he is here to help us. Don't give up. Remember this bible verse: "God did not send his Son into the world to condemn its people. He sent him to save them! No one who has faith in God's Son will be condemned. But everyone who doesn't have faith in him has already been condemned for not having faith in God's only Son."---JOHN 3:17-18

Don't give up Parc. GOD LOVES YOU AND HE KNOWS YOU LOVE HIM. PLEASE DON'T LET THIS DISORDER GET THE BEST OF YOU. GOD LOVES YOU AND HE WILL ALWAYS BE HERE FOR YOU AND HE WILL NEVER LET GO OF YOU! HE WILL BE HERE FOR YOU FOREVER, DON'T GIVE UP YOUR FAITH IN HIM!

Upvote 0

Jayangel81

Child of the Most High
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2007
Long Island Ny, USA
✟49,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thats the spirit :thumbsup:
Hey Jayangel, I am doing so so much better. The thought has really not crossed my mind this whole day. I do feel that I really am defeating my OCD and now its truly Amazing. Thank you for your prayers.

Also Parc believe me I know it is tough and I have been praying for you, don't give up.If you find things to take up your time it really can help you forget about your OCD sometimes. We all just have to realize that GOD cares and loves us and that he is here to help us. Don't give up. Remember this bible verse: "God did not send his Son into the world to condemn its people. He sent him to save them! No one who has faith in God's Son will be condemned. But everyone who doesn't have faith in him has already been condemned for not having faith in God's only Son."---JOHN 3:17-18

Don't give up Parc. GOD LOVES YOU AND HE KNOWS YOU LOVE HIM. PLEASE DON'T LET THIS DISORDER GET THE BEST OF YOU. GOD LOVES YOU AND HE WILL ALWAYS BE HERE FOR YOU AND HE WILL NEVER LET GO OF YOU! HE WILL BE HERE FOR YOU FOREVER, DON'T GIVE UP YOUR FAITH IN HIM!

Upvote 0

gracealone

Apr 5, 2007
Michigan
✟18,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks so much Jayangel, you always know what to say. Right now I am still just trying to ignore the doubt in me but it just keeps creeping up on me. I just hate the thing about having severe OCD, most of us can just push the thoughts off but when you start to fear that you may have spoken something that is where the real fear comes in. It is tough but hopefully I will get through this in a couple of days or I am hoping over night. I hate dealing with this so much and it scares half crazy!

Hi Babegirl,
Sorry for what you are going through with this rotten twist in your OCD. Everytime some new twist, thought or possibility pops up it feels like we get shoved right back into the pit. But the more you learn to recognize the tactics of OCD and practice the exposure/response techniques the better equipped you'll become at dousing the fire before it gets too out of hand. It's really good that you are willing to be open about this aspect of your OCD because in this way you are being an encouragement to some one else who has been experiencing the same thing.
Sounds like you're doing better, keep up the good work. I'm praying for you.
Mitzi

Upvote 0

gracealone

Apr 5, 2007
Michigan
✟18,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Parc,
I really believe that God was and is trying to encourage you by Babegirl's sincere and transparent post about her OCD struggles. This should certainly reinforce to you that what is a happening to you is definitely OCD and not a spiritual problem. And you know what else, your reply to Babegirl's response does the same thing for her. So when these intrusive thoughts, mumblings, mutterings pop up take the first step of re- labeling them as OCD.
Parc, I don't know what is stopping you from going to get some professional help. It may be the OCD itself. With me it was. I was afraid that the Dr. wouldn't confirm that it was OCD, afraid that I might be hospitalized, afraid of the medications, afraid of being labeled a loon, etc.
My pride got in the way too. I figured I could just get over it by myself and didn't need the help of a Dr. or meds.
You get to the point though, where the suffering get's so overwhelming that you realize you have nothing to lose by seeking help and everything to gain.
Again, I have to keep up this plea, please get some help my friend, you won't regret it.
Praying for you always.
Mitzi

Upvote 0

babegirl111

Jan 17, 2008
✟7,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Babegirl,
Sorry for what you are going through with this rotten twist in your OCD. Everytime some new twist, thought or possibility pops up it feels like we get shoved right back into the pit. But the more you learn to recognize the tactics of OCD and practice the exposure/response techniques the better equipped you'll become at dousing the fire before it gets too out of hand. It's really good that you are willing to be open about this aspect of your OCD because in this way you are being an encouragement to some one else who has been experiencing the same thing.
Sounds like you're doing better, keep up the good work. I'm praying for you.
Mitzi
Thanks Mitzi, you are awesome. Yeah, it is very tough but I seriously have learned to deal with my OCD, now I just find things that will take my mind off of it. This OCD can never defeat me EVER! GOD BLESS YA!!:clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CherylRogers

Apr 22, 2008
Tampa, FL
Visit site
✟7,654.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The power of prayer is great! This Scripture comes to mind: "(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;" 2 Corinthians 10:4 (emphasis mine)
I pray that you are able to take captive thoughts the devil feeds you, that you will have the power of the Holy Ghost to take authority over the enemy and tell him to go, and that he will flee, in Jesus' name. Amen.
Blessings to you,
Cheryl
SongsfromtheWord.com

Upvote 0

PARCmd

Nov 27, 2007
✟7,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Parc,
I really believe that God was and is trying to encourage you by Babegirl's sincere and transparent post about her OCD struggles. This should certainly reinforce to you that what is a happening to you is definitely OCD and not a spiritual problem. And you know what else, your reply to Babegirl's response does the same thing for her. So when these intrusive thoughts, mumblings, mutterings pop up take the first step of re- labeling them as OCD.
Parc, I don't know what is stopping you from going to get some professional help. It may be the OCD itself. With me it was. I was afraid that the Dr. wouldn't confirm that it was OCD, afraid that I might be hospitalized, afraid of the medications, afraid of being labeled a loon, etc.
My pride got in the way too. I figured I could just get over it by myself and didn't need the help of a Dr. or meds.
You get to the point though, where the suffering get's so overwhelming that you realize you have nothing to lose by seeking help and everything to gain.
Again, I have to keep up this plea, please get some help my friend, you won't regret it.
Praying for you always.
Mitzi

Hi. Thanks for your concern

I guess its not any of the reasons above. Actually, the reason why I would opt to go for NO Medications is that because Psychoactive medications have some terrible side effects, including dependency (so when you get out of the medication, the symptoms would rather exacerbate), "zombie" effect (a term used by most shrinks, which is a phenomenon that would make the person look and think like and similar, pardon the word, to a zombie), and of course, increased suicidal tendencies and research. And because I had some background on Psychology/Psychiatry, I sort of know that these symptoms do show up and would make later life (w/o meds) really difficult for the OCD patient.. I dunno but the researches conclude this...

I would like to ask for your prayers as sometimes I don't know if I am willfully saying some thoughts or not... :(

Upvote 0

Jayangel81

Child of the Most High
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2007
Long Island Ny, USA
✟49,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Parcmd,
OCD/skitz illnesses are a lifelong illness unless GOd heals you, even when you start to "feel better on meds" you shouldnt stop them.. So I hate to ask this but why would you live without them? You'll always need to stay on them. Youre sick brother i hate to tell you that, its not you and you need medicines but many have told you that in the past :( is it depending on it? maybe a little but there is still a fight youll need to win, medicines help with the coping and if im not mistakin you are hurting and have been for a long time..

God gave us doctors for a reason, He wants us to make an effort to get better :) Im taking this medicines that have some REALLY scary side effects but they have a 4 dollar plan so..I dont get any of the side effects, one actually makes me a bit restless but I take a pill to counteract it heh.

God is taking care of me and He helped me find medicines that werent so bad for my body, and He can help you as well. You need to pray on it:)

Just remember the enemy wants you to stay away from getting better and He wants you to beleive that these thoughts/mumbles are intentional. Dont keep falling for it :(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.