Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I have to wonder though will we initially notice the magnificence of our new home or could it be that for the longest time we will see only Him in the beauty of His holiness? I find it hard to imagine seeing anything else but having our eyes on Him the one we see long to see face to face.
YouTube - I Can Only Imagine

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I have to wonder though will we initially notice the magnificence of our new home or could it be that for the longest time we will see only Him in the beauty of His holiness? I find it hard to imagine seeing anything else but having our eyes on Him the one we see long to see face to face.

I think we'll be so glad to get out of these bodies Amen! No more heavy feeling, no more pain of any sort, no more tiredness hallelujah! Freedom from all restrictions! And when we do see Jesus, even those of us who have lots to say lol, will most probably be speechless and just completely enfolded in His love and His gloriousness Amen! The Lord told me that there is sooooooooooo much love waiting there for us! We cannot comprehend hallelujah! :bow::bow::bow:

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I believe the Lord wants me to talk quickly about Tithing - so here goes lol! :D

When we are tithing, we are giving our money to God and asking Him to bless us financially. We are asking to be prospered! When we give our tithes, we are in effect, asking Him to multiply what we have and give us MORE MORE MORE! Praise the Lord! God says in Malachi 3:10 "Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this,” Says the LORD of hosts, “ If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it." THERE WILL NOT BE ROOM ENOUGH TO RECEIVE IT HALLELUJAH! Now that's my kinda blessing that's for sure! If you are faithful to God in this area, He will move heaven and earth to bless you my friends! Try it and see. Malachi 3:11-12 "And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, So that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, Nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field,” Says the LORD of hosts; And all nations will call you blessed, For you will be a delightful land,” Says the LORD of hosts." God is sooooooooo good Amen! :bow::bow::bow:

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I believe the Lord wants me to talk quickly about Tithing - so here goes lol! :D

When we are tithing, we are giving our money to God and asking Him to bless us financially. We are asking to be prospered! When we give our tithes, we are in effect, asking Him to multiply what we have and give us MORE MORE MORE! Praise the Lord! God says in Malachi 3:10 "Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this,” Says the LORD of hosts, “ If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it." THERE WILL NOT BE ROOM ENOUGH TO RECEIVE IT HALLELUJAH! Now that's my kinda blessing that's for sure! If you are faithful to God in this area, He will move heaven and earth to bless you my friends! Try it and see. Malachi 3:11-12 "And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, So that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, Nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field,” Says the LORD of hosts; And all nations will call you blessed, For you will be a delightful land,” Says the LORD of hosts." God is sooooooooo good Amen! :bow::bow::bow:

Amen and what we give miust be from grateful willing hearts. That can be a hard one if you are struggling to make ends meet. But God rewards our faithfulness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
When we meet our Lord Jesus in heaven, He wants us to say 'My Lord and My God!' :bow::bow::bow:That's all! I pray we all remember that! God bless...:groupray: (My heart is beating very fast just thinking about it LOL!) :bow::bow::bow:

I wonder though if we will be able to speak at all at the beginning, or if we will fall down amazed in wonder at seeing Him in all His spendour, majesty and glory, WOW ! :bow::bow::bow:

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I wonder though if we will be able to speak at all at the beginning, or if we will fall down amazed in wonder at seeing Him in all His spendour, majesty and glory, WOW ! :bow::bow::bow:

I know I know! LOL :D:clap::bow::bow::bow::D And when we see each other and our families and friends, we will say 'Oh, glad you made it!' LOL! :D:wave::groupray: And then God will wipe away every tear! :bow::bow::bow::bow:

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Cindy, how's your new doggie? And your new job? Is everything ok? :kiss::hug:
Yes! Everything is wonderful! I like my new job, and my dog is the sweetest thing you could imagine! I've enjoyed reading this page! It's full of goodies, and such a sweet, sweet spirit. Oh, how I miss you guys! I still have a little more reading to do to catch up. It'll be fun!

Buddy, my dog is keeshond, in answer to your question. Eventually I will have pics for you. My camera is broken, have to get a new one, saving my pennies. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Good morning all! How are we today? I just wanna report something really kewl to you lovely folks - I'm so excited Amen! :D I went to church on Sunday and I got 'gold dust' on my hands and my arms hallelujah! So kewl! God is sooooooooooooooooooo good Amen! My new friend that I met recently at this church, told me about it happening to her family when they were praying, and of course I said me too Lord - I want that LOL! I sit with my new friend and her family in church, and she gave me word that 'we were dressed today in His glory', and she said 'look - the gold dust is on us' hallelujah! She was covered in it, and her little boy who is about a year old I believe, had it ALL over him - even on his clothes LOL! So funny! You can't see it from a distance, it is so fine, but when you look up close it is shimmering in the light! Wow guys - I'm so happy to have experienced that!

Actually, since meeting this girl and her family, I've been experiencing very physical manifestations of His glory and presence! Hallelujah! God told me to have a Bible Study with this girl at my house, which we've been doing every Thursday, and amazing things have started happening glory to God! It's so much fun! LOL! Don't have any new teeth yet LOL, however God is doing some wonderful things during these meetings! Praise His mighty name! :bow::bow::bow:

And in case you didn't know LOL - God is soooooooooooooooo good Amen! :clap::clap::clap:

Reactions: Allen1901
Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Irene, God is sooooooooooooo good! :D I was getting ready to go to church on Sunday, and the Lord prompted me (I believe :D ) to take a CD of worship music that I hadn't really listened to properly before - it was just sitting in the CD rack and I hadn't had the urge to listen to it yet. I was playing it, and lo and behold, on it was the song 'I Can Only Imagine'! LOL! God has a great sense of humour! :D:clap::clap::clap::D

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good morning all! How are we today? I just wanna report something really kewl to you lovely folks - I'm so excited Amen! :D I went to church on Sunday and I got 'gold dust' on my hands and my arms hallelujah! So kewl! God is sooooooooooooooooooo good Amen! My new friend that I met recently at this church, told me about it happening to her family when they were praying, and of course I said me too Lord - I want that LOL! I sit with my new friend and her family in church, and she gave me word that 'we were dressed today in His glory', and she said 'look - the gold dust is on us' hallelujah! She was covered in it, and her little boy who is about a year old I believe, had it ALL over him - even on his clothes LOL! So funny! You can't see it from a distance, it is so fine, but when you look up close it is shimmering in the light! Wow guys - I'm so happy to have experienced that!

Actually, since meeting this girl and her family, I've been experiencing very physical manifestations of His glory and presence! Hallelujah! God told me to have a Bible Study with this girl at my house, which we've been doing every Thursday, and amazing things have started happening glory to God! It's so much fun! LOL! Don't have any new teeth yet LOL, however God is doing some wonderful things during these meetings! Praise His mighty name! :bow::bow::bow:

And in case you didn't know LOL - God is soooooooooooooooo good Amen! :clap::clap::clap:
Gold dust appearing on people is something that happened here in the states a few years ago. That is so cool it happened to you! How it must have surprised you!

How wonderful to have a friend and sister in the LORD right there to study with. I feel so close to the ladies in our Life Group which meets every Monday morning. We see awesome answers to prayer, and oh, the fellowship we have! Meeting with other believers is very important.

The Lord was so very good to us at church this morning. I can't help but think of you all here and wished you were watching it on your computers so we could be together at the same time worshiping the Lord. The teaching was very good on taming the tongue.

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello my beloved friends! :wave: I get a chance to talk with you today! :clap: I've missed being here so very much. The Lord shows me so many good things and says so much to me that I could spend hours here every day. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. :D

Rather than trying to back up and give you highlights, I think I'll just pick up with the most recent things as I have prayed asking the Lord what He desires here. :)

I was very impressed with Daniel's prayer in chapter 9 of Daniel. Daniel himself impresses me! Kings consulted him. Imagine what a relationship with God, to hear Him and be able to discern dreams and visions in a time like he lived, a time of great upheaval for his people, and changes in governments and kingdoms of the world. Daniel was given insight by the spirit of God, and he gave Him all the glory.

In chapter 9 he prays, acknowledging the sin of his people. There are some key points and principals that stood out to me as I looked at it.

1. Praise and honor.
V. 4 - "O Lord, the great and awesome God"
Jesus taught us this principal in prayer - "Our Father in heaven, holy is Your name".

2. Acknowledgment of God's character.
V. 4 - "who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments"
Remember the goodness of the Lord, not forgetting our part.

3. Confession of sin.
5 we have sinned and done wrong and acted wickedly and rebelled, turning aside from your commandments and rules. 6 We have not listened to your servants the prophets, who spoke in your name to our kings, our princes, and our fathers, and to all the people of the land.
They heard but they did not listen. We are not only to be hearers of the Word, but doers, or it does not profit us.
Jesus taught this too.
Matthew 7:24 "Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 26And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it."

V. 7 - "To you, O Lord, belongs righteousness, but to us open shame"
9 To the Lord our God belong mercy and forgiveness, for we have rebelled against him 10 and have not obeyed the voice of the LORD our God by walking in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets.

Notice here what rebellion is? Not obeying the voice of the Lord by walking in His Word.

4. Your Word is true.
11 All Israel has transgressed your law and turned aside, refusing to obey your voice. And the curse and oath that are written in the Law of Moses the servant of God have been poured out upon us, because we have sinned against him. 12He has confirmed his words, which he spoke against us and against our rulers who ruled us, by bringing upon us a great calamity. For under the whole heaven there has not been done anything like what has been done against Jerusalem. 13 As it is written in the Law of Moses, all this calamity has come upon us; yet we have not entreated the favor of the LORD our God, turning from our iniquities and gaining insight by your truth. 14 Therefore the LORD has kept ready the calamity and has brought it upon us, for the LORD our God is righteous in all the works that he has done, and we have not obeyed his voice.
Daniel knew Deuteronomy 28 where the Lord said all these curses would come on them if they did not listen to His voice and obey Him.

5. He honestly assesses the state they are in.
15And now, O Lord our God, who brought your people out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand, and have made a name for yourself, as at this day, we have sinned, we have done wickedly. 16"O Lord, according to all your righteous acts, let your anger and your wrath turn away from your city Jerusalem, your holy hill, because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and your people have become a byword among all who are around us.
We've sinned, and as a result have become an object of ridicule.

The Lord brought us out of darkness and translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son. He did it. We, out of love and gratitude will serve him and cleave to Him all our days, or we too could become an object of ridicule.

6. Makes the petition.
17Now therefore, O our God, listen to the prayer of your servant and to his pleas for mercy, and for your own sake, O Lord, make your face to shine upon your sanctuary, which is desolate. 18 O my God, incline your ear and hear. Open your eyes and see our desolations, and the city that is called by your name. For we do not present our pleas before you because of our righteousness, but because of your great mercy.

"We do not present our pleas before you because of our righteousness, but because of your great mercy." Amen. :)
It's because of His abundant compassion! It's not our righteousness which is like filthy rags in comparison. It's His grace and mercy!

The Lord hears! The Lord forgives! The Lord will not delay when He hears our cry, for we are called by His name. We have His name!

Ever think about having His name? Ladies, did you take the name of your husband when you married him? Do you now have his name? Don't you know you are espoused to the Holy One? to Christ our Savior?

Yes, we have His name! And so we conduct ourselves accordingly, in honor and integrity, walking as children of the light. And guess what? We will receive all the blessing of Deuteronomy 28. :clap:

The Blessing is ours because Jesus was made a curse for us. Praise Jesus! :clap: We give thanks to You, Jesus! :clap::clap::clap:

Love you guys!:hug::hug::hug:See ya' later. :wave:

:groupray:

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hello my beloved friends! :wave: I get a chance to talk with you today! :clap: I've missed being here so very much. The Lord shows me so many good things and says so much to me that I could spend hours here every day. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. :D

Rather than trying to back up and give you highlights, I think I'll just pick up with the most recent things as I have prayed asking the Lord what He desires here. :)

I was very impressed with Daniel's prayer in chapter 9 of Daniel. Daniel himself impresses me! Kings consulted him. Imagine what a relationship with God, to hear Him and be able to discern dreams and visions in a time like he lived, a time of great upheaval for his people, and changes in governments and kingdoms of the world. Daniel was given insight by the spirit of God, and he gave Him all the glory.

In chapter 9 he prays, acknowledging the sin of his people. There are some key points and principals that stood out to me as I looked at it.

1. Praise and honor.
V. 4 - "O Lord, the great and awesome God"
Jesus taught us this principal in prayer - "Our Father in heaven, holy is Your name".

2. Acknowledgment of God's character.
V. 4 - "who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments"
Remember the goodness of the Lord, not forgetting our part.

3. Confession of sin.
5 we have sinned and done wrong and acted wickedly and rebelled, turning aside from your commandments and rules. 6 We have not listened to your servants the prophets, who spoke in your name to our kings, our princes, and our fathers, and to all the people of the land.
They heard but they did not listen. We are not only to be hearers of the Word, but doers, or it does not profit us.
Jesus taught this too.
Matthew 7:24 "Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 26And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it."

V. 7 - "To you, O Lord, belongs righteousness, but to us open shame"
9 To the Lord our God belong mercy and forgiveness, for we have rebelled against him 10 and have not obeyed the voice of the LORD our God by walking in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets.

Notice here what rebellion is? Not obeying the voice of the Lord by walking in His Word.

4. Your Word is true.
11 All Israel has transgressed your law and turned aside, refusing to obey your voice. And the curse and oath that are written in the Law of Moses the servant of God have been poured out upon us, because we have sinned against him. 12He has confirmed his words, which he spoke against us and against our rulers who ruled us, by bringing upon us a great calamity. For under the whole heaven there has not been done anything like what has been done against Jerusalem. 13 As it is written in the Law of Moses, all this calamity has come upon us; yet we have not entreated the favor of the LORD our God, turning from our iniquities and gaining insight by your truth. 14 Therefore the LORD has kept ready the calamity and has brought it upon us, for the LORD our God is righteous in all the works that he has done, and we have not obeyed his voice.
Daniel knew Deuteronomy 28 where the Lord said all these curses would come on them if they did not listen to His voice and obey Him.

5. He honestly assesses the state they are in.
15And now, O Lord our God, who brought your people out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand, and have made a name for yourself, as at this day, we have sinned, we have done wickedly. 16"O Lord, according to all your righteous acts, let your anger and your wrath turn away from your city Jerusalem, your holy hill, because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and your people have become a byword among all who are around us.
We've sinned, and as a result have become an object of ridicule.

The Lord brought us out of darkness and translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son. He did it. We, out of love and gratitude will serve him and cleave to Him all our days, or we too could become an object of ridicule.

6. Makes the petition.
17Now therefore, O our God, listen to the prayer of your servant and to his pleas for mercy, and for your own sake, O Lord, make your face to shine upon your sanctuary, which is desolate. 18 O my God, incline your ear and hear. Open your eyes and see our desolations, and the city that is called by your name. For we do not present our pleas before you because of our righteousness, but because of your great mercy.

"We do not present our pleas before you because of our righteousness, but because of your great mercy." Amen. :)
It's because of His abundant compassion! It's not our righteousness which is like filthy rags in comparison. It's His grace and mercy!

The Lord hears! The Lord forgives! The Lord will not delay when He hears our cry, for we are called by His name. We have His name!

Ever think about having His name? Ladies, did you take the name of your husband when you married him? Do you now have his name? Don't you know you are espoused to the Holy One? to Christ our Savior?

Yes, we have His name! And so we conduct ourselves accordingly, in honor and integrity, walking as children of the light. And guess what? We will receive all the blessing of Deuteronomy 28. :clap:

The Blessing is ours because Jesus was made a curse for us. Praise Jesus! :clap: We give thanks to You, Jesus! :clap::clap::clap:

Love you guys!:hug::hug::hug:See ya' later. :wave:

:groupray:

I have just read Daniel chapter 9 tonight- and the Lord was speaking to me through it- coincidence I don't think so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have just read Daniel chapter 9 tonight- and the Lord was speaking to me through it- coincidence I don't think so.
:DThat's no coincidence. ^_^

Is there anything He said you'd feel comfortable sharing with us? I'd love to glean from you! :D

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
At the weekend we had a team over from IHOP doing a conference with GHOP, it was wonderful, heavy intercession made for this nation, many healed and delivered.Wes Hall spoke at our church on Sunday morning- powerful.

And yeh I have seen gold dust a few years ago- God is so good.

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes:
And I prayed unto the Lord my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and awesome God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments [Dan. 9:3–4].

Fasting, sackcloth and ashes? Well we may have fasted at times, but we don't know what it is to adorn sackcloth and ashes do we? The veil has been torn in two but I have to ask myself have I lost sight of the holiness of my God because of over familiarity, we know Him as " daddy" as Abba which is so wonderful, for we have been adopted into His family but do we really see Him as the Holy God He is, that we might fall down at His feet and worship Him. We need not adorn dirty rags because praise be to God we are washed clean by the blood of the Lamb, we are new creations, hallelujah! Daniel demonstrated to us a purposeful persistence in prayer. Even Jacob in his prayer cried, “… I will not let thee go, except thou bless me” (Gen. 32:26).
How we need to learn that persistence.

Daniel acknowledges that God keeps His covenantal promises and shows mercy to them that love Him. He will keep His promises to us.

Dan 9:5 we have sinned and committed iniquity, we have done wickedly and rebelled, even by departing from Your precepts and Your judgments.
Dan 9:6 Neither have we heeded Your servants the prophets, who spoke in Your name to our kings and our princes, to our fathers and all the people of the land.

At the IHOP Scotland conference last weekend we were crying out to God for our nation, acknowledging that our nation has strayed so far from the Lord, and asking God to forgive this nation, to break through the darkness that has blinded so many, this used to be known as Bible loving Scotland the blood of the covenanters was spilt on this land. Today there are Mosques popping up everywhere, the small town in which I live now has a Mosque and a Sikh Temple - would this have happened like this if we the people of God were really seeking the Lord in intercessory prayer as we should? The fear of terrorism has meant that in the name of political correctness the Government and local authorities in this land have bent over backwards for a Muslim minority (now fastly growing in numbers) and the Christian voice has not been listened to or is not allowed full freedom.
Daniel named a whole list of sins and He included himself in this prayer, we can learn so much about intercession from his prayer.

Dan 9:7 O Lord, righteousness belongs to You, but to us shame of face, as it is this day—to the men of Judah, to the inhabitants of Jerusalem and all Israel, those near and those far off in all the countries to which You have driven them, because of the unfaithfulness which they have committed against You.

Here we see again just how Daniel recognised the character of God, he knew that his God was righteous and we need to recognise that in and of ourselves we have no righteousness except that which we have that has been granted to us by God, we are made rghteous in His sight and our lives are being transformed because the blood of Jesus washed our sins away.

Dan 9:8 “O Lord, to us belongs shame of face, to our kings, our princes, and our fathers, because we have sinned against You.
Dan 9:9 To the Lord our God belong mercy and forgiveness, though we have rebelled against Him.
Dan 9:10 We have not obeyed the voice of the LORD our God, to walk in His laws, which He set before us by His servants the prophets.
Dan 9:11 Yes, all Israel has transgressed Your law, and has departed so as not to obey Your voice; therefore the curse and the oath written in the Law of Moses the servant of God have been poured out on us, because we have sinned against Him.
Dan 9:12 And He has confirmed His words, which He spoke against us and against our judges who judged us, by bringing upon us a great disaster; for under the whole heaven such has never been done as what has been done to Jerusalem.

Israel had been unfaithful to the God who had done so much for them, they had forgotten all that He had done in the midst of them- let that never be said of us. Yet I have to ask myself am I obedient in all my ways- oh wretched woman that I am, I fall short. Praise the Lord for His mercies are new every morning. He has forgiven us much.

It's the last days and the Lord has been pouring His mercies, His love on us His sons and daughters - but He is looking for a strong faithful bride who will stand in the gap for our nations, who will be obedient to Him- let that be us.

Dan 9:13 “As it is written in the Law of Moses, all this disaster has come upon us; yet we have not made our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities and understand Your truth.
Dan 9:14 Therefore the LORD has kept the disaster in mind, and brought it upon us; for the LORD our God is righteous in all the works which He does, though we have not obeyed His voice.
Dan 9:15 And now, O Lord our God, who brought Your people out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand, and made Yourself a name, as it is this day—we have sinned, we have done wickedly!

God is good all the time, He is righteous but even today I believe He will allow things to come against us to get our attention. Sometimes we can be so busy doing things, even things we think are for Him and He stops us mid track and asks us "Did I ask you to do that? " We need to get better at listening to Him and following Him. I need to get better at that. "I want to be obedient to you Lord, help me to be obedient in all my ways."

Dan 9:16 “O Lord, according to all Your righteousness, I pray, let Your anger and Your fury be turned away from Your city Jerusalem, Your holy mountain; because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and Your people are a reproach to all those around us.
Dan 9:17 Now therefore, our God, hear the prayer of Your servant, and his supplications, and for the Lord’s sake cause Your face to shine on Your sanctuary, which is desolate.
Dan 9:18 O my God, incline Your ear and hear; open Your eyes and see our desolations, and the city which is called by Your name; for we do not present our supplications before You because of our righteous deeds, but because of Your great mercies.
Dan 9:19 O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, listen and act! Do not delay for Your own sake, my God, for Your city and Your people are called by Your name.”

Daniel remembers how God led Israel out of Egypt. God did it because of His righteousness, because of His love for Israel, not because of their righteousness. He recognises that God is merciful - He believes God will answer His prayers and supplications on behalf of the people, therefore He cries out "O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, listen and act! Do not delay for Your own sake, my God, for Your city and Your people are called by Your name.”

I have known a number of people to start on their walk with the Lord and seem to be doing well and then something traumatic has happened in their lives and they have walked away and the Lord says to you and I today "Will you persist in intercession for those sheep of mine who have wandered away and got lost, will you reach out to them and help them find the way back, I will show you who to intercede for, do not believe that all are lost causes?"

God is merciful and can restore all the years that the locusts have taken.

WILL WE STAND IN THE GAP?

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Woohooh! Yae God!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.