Feeling inadequate to do anything for the Lord

A

acceptjesus

Some of you probably know a little bit about me from my post. I would constantly post about repentance. Well I've repented (turned from habitual sin). I would often tell myself and God "I can't". This type of thinking has led to problems though. I can honestly say to you all that I have repented. My problem now is a different "I can't" I believe now that I can't obey God's Word. Please pray that the Lord would take this away from me. I feel inadequate I overcame the "I can't repent by repenting it really was a step of faith! Why do I always feel as if "I can't do this"? I'm not sure. I don't think the problem is unwillingness (not saying that isn't part of it but it's not the whole issue) Please pray for Me and any advice would be helpful. Thank You!

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why do I always feel as if "I can't do this"?
Many people suffer from the "fear of failure". But without multiple "failures" there can never be success. Thomas Edison did a thousand or more experiments before he perfected the light bulb. Accept temporary defeat as a given, and move on.

It is all in your state of mind -- you have a HABIT of underestimating yourself. You can replace that with a HABIT of soberly estimating yourself. All you have to do tomorrow is say "I CAN" and get on with it. People who learn to bike or ski have to fall many times before they perfect their technique.

Upvote 0

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
Where ever my Lord's work is to be done.
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Some of you probably know a little bit about me from my post. I would constantly post about repentance. Well I've repented (turned from habitual sin). I would often tell myself and God "I can't". This type of thinking has led to problems though. I can honestly say to you all that I have repented. My problem now is a different "I can't" I believe now that I can't obey God's Word. Please pray that the Lord would take this away from me. I feel inadequate I overcame the "I can't repent by repenting it really was a step of faith! Why do I always feel as if "I can't do this"? I'm not sure. I don't think the problem is unwillingness (not saying that isn't part of it but it's not the whole issue) Please pray for Me and any advice would be helpful. Thank You!

Hello Brother!

First off Brother, YOU CAN'T obey God...:

"--apart from me you can do nothing."

But thanks be to God for the rest of that verse!:

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."-John 15:5

It sounds to me that you're struggling with forgiving yourself, am I right? I can tell because I have(and kinda still do) struggle with the same problem...

It truly is one of the harder parts in our walk, I thing atleast...

But remember:

"When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross." -Colossians 2:13-14

With God all things are possible! He has forgiven you friend! Praise Be!

"Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."-Philippians 3:13-14

So forget about your past Brother, you are not doing God, yourself, or anybody else any good holding on to an irrelevant past that has been forgiven. Strive for that crown!

God Bless Brother,
-Your Brother In Christ

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Can't do what, AcceptJesus?

What is it that that you are begging off from, what is it that your saying to God "I can't" about?

Why do you say "I can't obey God", when you have repented and believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, that is obeying God...

So, what else is it that your saying "I cant" about?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
Mar 4, 2015
North Carolina
Visit site
✟15,117.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Have you considered that not only can't you do something, you don't actually need to? Has not Christ done all the work for you and simply called you to rest in him?

If you consider that, if you remember that you are the righteousness of God in Christ, and you put your mind in the right place, then your actions will follow suit.

The body goes where the mind directs, my friend. Remind yourself that it doesn't matter what you can and can't do because Christ has done everything. You are called to simply rest in him and love him.

Remind yourself of your status in God's eyes (Eternally righteous) and meditate on the life of Christ. You'll find that the more you put your view of yourself in line with God's, and the more you begin to think like God, adopting the mind of Christ as your own, the more your actions will reflect that.

Suddenly: obedience! :)

Remember the most important commandment is to Love God.

Upvote 0
A

acceptjesus

Thank You for all the replies I'm trusting that the spirit HAS AND WILL enable me to obey the LORD and his commands as I'm doing one of them NOW! (Praise Jesus)!!! I don't mean that the LORD is calling me to do something out of common sense and against his word/will I was talking about commands in his Word like worry not (matthew 6:25). I stepped out in faith and am now obeying scripture! Praise JESUS!!!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank You for all the replies I'm trusting that the spirit HAS AND WILL enable me to obey the LORD and his commands as I'm doing one of them NOW! (Praise Jesus)!!! I don't mean that the LORD is calling me to do something out of common sense and against his word/will I was talking about commands in his Word like worry not (matthew 6:25). I stepped out in faith and am now obeying scripture! Praise JESUS!!!

Congratulations, Praise God!

I will be praying that you continue in him (J.C.)

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums