Tifton
✟23,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
A huge mistake that many Christians make which leads them to a life of misery is looking at their own merits to judge their salvation. The fact is, if you look at yourself, you'll always find some reason to doubt. Some reason to think Christ hasn't called you His own. The fact is that it's not us we should look at, but Christ. He justified us and atoned for us on the Cross and in His resurrection. Even the good works we do ourselves are only because He is working through us. So don't think along the lines of whether you're good enough, because nobody is, that's not the point of Christianity. The point is that though we be corrupt and imperfect, Christ sacrificed Himself to restore us to Himself. Cling to His promises and His work, not your own.

• Agree
Reactions: AllDayFaith
Upvote 0

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because you believe in God and choose to follow Jesus, you will be just fine. Any of those evil thoughts in your head are put there by the enemy. God is allowing you to be tried in this way to build your character through perseverance. Once you are stronger in your faith you will have hope for the future. Once you have hope, you can help others build their faith with your testimony.

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
What we have to offer the Lord is 'our monster inside', we all have it, it is part of our brokenness, we carry much of our past with us, even if we are not always aware of it. When we draw closer to the Lord, he allows us to see our need for grace, as well to be thankful for the gift of salvation that is freely given to us.

All my life I have struggled with deep anger, that flows from being very young. Violent images, etc. Yet by God's grace, here I am 70 and his grace has slowly healed me of many wounds. It is my thorn in my side, to let me know that I am need of His grace at all times.

God uses us to help others through our gifts. He reaches us by our weaknesses and yes, even our sins. Walk on the water, in the storm look to Jesus. When you start to sink, Jesus will lift you up.

Trust is a choice, not a feeling. Your feelings, emotions, and level of faith do not in any way stop the flow of grace, hence the need to trust and to look to Jesus and not oneself. This also leads to compassion for others who struggle the way you do. We are all member of a royal priesthood, so pray for those who are like you, and ask that they be healed, as even you are being healed now, even if you do not feel it. To make an act of trust in Jesus love for you is part of that healing. It frees you from your self-concern.

Peace
mark

Indeed, Mark. And we should ALWAYS bear in mind is that God's Providence is absolutely sovereign, it CANNOT BE derailed. My own experience has been at times to feel what can God be thinking ? Why would he allow such terrible things to happen to me (not thinking of others so much at those times !). Wouldn't it be foolish to keep putting my trust in Him. But I know, likewise from experience, that there is nothing He can't fix - and He's always fixed my problems that He had allowed me to get tangled in. He's more real than these 'pooter keys I'm tapping. Always there. Always.

'Can a woman forget her baby who nurses at her breast? Can she withhold compassion from the child she has borne? Even if mothers were to forget, I could never forget you! See I have inscribed you in the palms of my hands'

Anyway, it doesn't sound as if I'm telling you anything you don't know already.

Upvote 0

Mark Dohle

Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta
Visit site
✟44,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Indeed, Mark. And we should ALWAYS bear in mind is that God's Providence is absolutely sovereign, it CANNOT BE derailed. My own experience has been at times to feel what can God be thinking ? Why would he allow such terrible things to happen to me (not thinking of others so much at those times !). Wouldn't it be foolish to keep putting my trust in Him. But I know, likewise from experience, that there is nothing He can't fix - and He's always fixed my problems that He had allowed me to get tangled in. He's more real than these 'pooter keys I'm tapping. Always there. Always.

'Can a woman forget her baby who nurses at her breast? Can she withhold compassion from the child she has borne? Even if mothers were to forget, I could never forget you! See I have inscribed you in the palms of my hands'

Anyway, it doesn't sound as if I'm telling you anything you don't know already.
The the Love and care of God is way beyond anythilng we can understand......Jesus brings us back, heals us, and leads us to love ourselves in Him.

Peace
Mark

Upvote 0

RisenArt

Mar 17, 2019
FL
✟7,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bro, I used to hear thoughts telling me to kill myself. Demons have the ability to send thoughts to your mind like spam email then try to trick you into thinking that's you.

Take the lie and replace with truth "I will not die but live and declare the works of the Lord" Psalm 118:17 No condemnation in Christ (Romans 8). Try mediating every day for a week on these and see what happens. The Word is spiritual medicine.

Depression, suicide are not your portion as a child of God. Peace, love, Joy, Righteousness and a Sound Mind are yours. They are your birthright in Christ.

Ask God to increase your spiritual discernment so you can recognize where these different voices come from. You are a strong man in the Lord.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I pray to Jesus everyday and ask Him to fill me with the Holy Spirit but most of the time I feel like I'm putting up a front and I'm truly this monster inside. I'm sick of feeling this way but won't commit suicide from a fear of eternal suffering.
If we were good inside we wouldn't need a savior. Its actually a blessing to acknowledge our need for a savior. Dont despair, dont concentrate on you either, look to the Lord. Even when the waves of despair threaten to overturn our joy, trust in Him.

Matthew 11:28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am [a]gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Brother i been where you are i think i am evil that ill go to hell because i am a attention seeker sometime in the past i have lied about things that never happened i tied to kill myself on Friday thankfully am ok but i have sinnec and i felt like i belonged in hell
I turn to jesus to help me and i pray to him and ask for forgiveness am faking it too everyday one day at a time

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I pray to Jesus everyday and ask Him to fill me with the Holy Spirit but most of the time I feel like I'm putting up a front and I'm truly this monster inside. I'm sick of feeling this way but won't commit suicide from a fear of eternal suffering.

God has good plans for you. The bible says " I know the thoughts I think toward you says the LORD thoughts for good and not evil, to give you a good end".

It does not matter where we are right now, how bad things have become, life will take a turn for the better as we trust in the LORD. The LORD is no respector of persons, he gives the same blessing to all of His children. You are His child. And you will look back on this time and see how good God will be to you.

Some times the heart is crushed, to the despairing of living, some times we don't trust we are good enough for God, but God sees our heart, and He also sees what we can become. Fear not, God is with you to help you. Sorrow may last for a night but joy comes in the morning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums