• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Feeling Depressed because of Torture

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have been feeling depressed because of the torture I endured. When I feel this way I watch one of my hero's video, Dianna Ortiz, who survived horrific torture in Guatemala. I admire her so much. She strengthens me. She is also a believer in Jesus Christ, she is a Catholic. I have been feeling depressed sadly. I feel like I was pushed too far in my torture. I feel very weak and broken. I wish Jesus would come and take me to heaven. I cant get over how cruel the woman who tortured me was. I know she wanted me to kill myself when I got free. She said she felt I should kill myself. I refuse to kill myself, even though I feel suicidal a lot. I know the woman did not care about me. When I watch Dianna Ortiz's video I feel that is how I want to be. She still is close to God and she still is alive, despite her horrendous torture. She is broken but she still lives life day by day. Watching her testimony or reading her book is a great comfort to me. I pray I can be as strong as her.

Attachments

• Blindfolds Eyes.jpg
    Blindfolds Eyes.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After the resurrection, Christ appeared to the disciples.

19 On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 20 After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.

21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymus ), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”
But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”

26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

• Friendly
Reactions: Pilgrim
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
After the resurrection, Christ appeared to the disciples.

19 On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 20 After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.

21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymus ), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”
But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”

26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”
Thank you for sharing this with me :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

teresa

Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
watching the video makes you happy

going to liberty makes you happy

can you write down 20 things that make you happy?

big things, little things....it will make you realize that there ARE things that make you happy

Think on those things:yellowheart:

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you so much Mr. O :)
You're welcome, Rose.

I pray for God to grant you strength and heal your hurting.

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. (1 Peter 5:7)​

God's will be done always and for ever. God bless you, in Jesus' name. Amen.

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
watching the video makes you happy

going to liberty makes you happy

can you write down 20 things that make you happy?

big things, little things....it will make you realize that there ARE things that make you happy

Think on those things:yellowheart:
Hi Spice :) Let me think of some things that make me happy. My family makes me happy. Reading the Bible makes me happy. Having comfortable clothes makes me happy. Autumn makes me happy. I will find 20 things. Thank you so much.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You're welcome, Rose.

I pray for God to grant you strength and heal your hurting.

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. (1 Peter 5:7)​

God's will be done always and for ever. God bless you, in Jesus' name. Amen.
Thank you so much. I agree, God's will be done always and forever. God bless you.

Upvote 0

teresa

Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Spice :) Let me think of some things that make me happy. My family makes me happy. Reading the Bible makes me happy. Having comfortable clothes makes me happy. Autumn makes me happy. I will find 20 things. Thank you so much.

It can be helpful to think on those things, to turn around the mind onto good things

"...whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

Raeburn-Orchards-4.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It can be helpful to think on those things, to turn around the mind onto good things

"...whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

Raeburn-Orchards-4.jpg
beautiful picture :) Thank you.

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0