✟14,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Hello,
Asking for prayer that I would be able to move past some mental and emotional struggles that I have been going through recently. Lately, I have been feeling overwhelmed with regret and bitterness over bad choices that I have made in my life particularly a few years ago during a season where I was being rebellious toward God. During that time, I rejected Christian faith and lived a very destructive life and allowed many toxic relationships into my life. The choices I made during that time came with negative consequences that I am still dealing with to this day though God has graciously restored my life since then and even used my bad decisions and even their consequences for good.

Maybe I am just in a very emotional state right now or just overwhelmed with life in general, but lately I've just been so, so upset with myself over those bad choices. There are so many problems that I have to deal with on a daily basis, so much stress that I would not have if I had just not done certain things or not allowed certain relationships into my life. I know that I have been forgiven for my mistakes by God. I know that those mistakes were not the end of my story, but I am so bitter over the things that I did and how I am now still suffering as a result of them. It doesn't help that I have many people around me who are constantly reminding me of my past mistakes and trying to rub them in my face.

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Dear Lord, I pray for aaaa12, that you would give relief from his spiritual enemies on every side, and strength to conquer those that remain. Help him to forgive himself for his past transgressions toward You, and remind him of Your forgiveness. Help him get some distance from those who continuously wound him, that he may be given time and space to heal. In Christ's Name, Amen.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Dear Lord, I pray for aaaa12, that you would give relief from his spiritual enemies on every side, and strength to conquer those that remain. Help him to forgive himself for his past transgressions toward You, and remind him of Your forgiveness. Help him get some distance from those who continuously wound him, that he may be given time and space to heal. In Christ's Name, Amen.
Heb 12:12-17 is part of my life and I pray if it is part of yours that you do not take that bitterness. I pray restoration and new chances from any blessing you may have missed. Alsop that the consequences you mention are going to settle into something manageable and perhaps even a blessing. God does not want you lame, keep seeking Him and you will be amazed. God bless!

Reactions: aaaa12
Upvote 0

aaaa12

Dec 18, 2023
USA
✟14,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Thank you everyone. I appreciate your prayers. My heart is so heavy. I'm barely even registering this as the last day of the year and hardly even care about celebrating the new year coming. I have so much to be grateful for from 2023 but I feel so beaten down and tired at the same time.

• Prayers
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟117,243.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Hello,
Asking for prayer that I would be able to move past some mental and emotional struggles that I have been going through recently. Lately, I have been feeling overwhelmed with regret and bitterness over bad choices that I have made in my life particularly a few years ago during a season where I was being rebellious toward God. During that time, I rejected Christian faith and lived a very destructive life and allowed many toxic relationships into my life. The choices I made during that time came with negative consequences that I am still dealing with to this day though God has graciously restored my life since then and even used my bad decisions and even their consequences for good.

Maybe I am just in a very emotional state right now or just overwhelmed with life in general, but lately I've just been so, so upset with myself over those bad choices. There are so many problems that I have to deal with on a daily basis, so much stress that I would not have if I had just not done certain things or not allowed certain relationships into my life. I know that I have been forgiven for my mistakes by God. I know that those mistakes were not the end of my story, but I am so bitter over the things that I did and how I am now still suffering as a result of them. It doesn't help that I have many people around me who are constantly reminding me of my past mistakes and trying to rub them in my face.
Me too. My life is a mess because of bad choices. There are consequences.
The Lord forgives-other people don't. Focus on Him. Read psalm 27. God is for you/us.

Upvote 0