✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HI michie,

If Planned Parenthood is reimbursed through medicaid for services that are covered services under medicaid, then they should be. If the nation doesn't want medicaid to reimburse for any services for which Planned Parenthood receives reimbursement, then the rules for medicaid reimbursement would have to be changed, so long as the current reimbursement does meet the rules for medicaid reimbursement.

There is nothing in the rules of medicaid reimbursement that says that because some provider might provide other non-covered procedures, that their covered procedures shall not be reimbursed. However, we can always work to change the rules if that's what the majority of people want and they make their legislators aware of such concerns.

For example: Many cosmetic surgeries are not covered by medicaid. However, if a medical necessity for such surgery is noted, then they often will. Now, just because a place that performs cosmetic surgeries performs many non-covered surgeries in which the patient must pay out of pocket or through some other insurance plan they might have, doesn't preclude medicaid for paying that same provider for a cosmetic surgery that does fall under medicaid's reimbursement policy.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

• Agree
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
HI michie,

If Planned Parenthood is reimbursed through medicaid for services that are covered services under medicaid, then they should be. If the nation doesn't want medicaid to reimburse for any services for which Planned Parenthood receives reimbursement, then the rules for medicaid reimbursement would have to be changed, so long as the current reimbursement does meet the rules for medicaid reimbursement.

There is nothing in the rules of medicaid reimbursement that says that because some provider might provide other non-covered procedures, that their covered procedures shall not be reimbursed. However, we can always work to change the rules if that's what the majority of people want and they make their legislators aware of such concerns.

For example: Many cosmetic surgeries are not covered by medicaid. However, if a medical necessity for such surgery is noted, then they often will. Now, just because a place that performs cosmetic surgeries performs many non-covered surgeries in which the patient must pay out of pocket or through some other insurance plan they might have, doesn't preclude medicaid for paying that same provider for a cosmetic surgery that does fall under medicaid's reimbursement policy.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Hi Ted. What a mature and thoughtful response. I can tell that you have the peace of Christ, it shines through your words which are devoid of hyperbole and childish scorn. Thanks for your example, it isn't common enough online.

Upvote 0

The Hammer of Witches

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 7, 2016
America
✟14,999.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why should the federal government fund a for-profit corporation? Unconstitutional ruling

Hi HOW,

Practically all hospitals and medical facilities and doctor's offices, to which medicaid pays the lion's share of its monies are for-profit corporations or businesses. Is it your position that medicaid should no longer reimburse hospitals, urgent care centers, lab centers and doctor's offices for their covered medical expenses?

Perhaps you should take advantage of some of todays modern educayshun

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Ted. What a mature and thoughtful response. I can tell that you have the peace of Christ, it shines through your words which are devoid of hyperbole and childish scorn. Thanks for your example, it isn't common enough online.

It seems everything you disagree with is labeled hyperbolic, childish or whatever other descriptive adjective that comes to your mind.

Defending why abortion takes place is not thoughtful and does not reflect the spirit of God.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems everything you disagree with is labeled hyperbolic, childish or whatever other descriptive adjective that comes to your mind.

Defending why abortion takes place is not thoughtful and does not reflect the spirit of God.

Hi eastcoast,

I realize that you were responding to another's post, but...

This discussion is not about 'defending why abortion takes place'. This discussion is about medicaid/medicare paying rightful claims to a rightful medical provider. As far as I'm aware, neither medicaid nor medicare pay for abortion services and so this money that is at stake is not for aboriton services.

If you want to see abortions made illegal then you should focus your efforts towards making abortions illegal. For me, whether abortions are legal or illegal isn't any part of the issue. Faithfulness to God is a personal practice. Just because some service is legal doesn't mean that one must use said service. If one is a born again child of God, then they're not going to have an abortion, but then they're also not likely to get themselves in a position where they would need one.

Demographics show that 85% of women receiving abortions are unmarried. A born again child of God shouldn't find themselves in that position. Of the 15% that are married seeking abortions, while I can't back it up with statistics, I'm confident that many of them are women who were impregnated by someone other than their husband. Nevertheless, most abortions are a result of unrighteous sexual unions. Therefore, what we have are the lost committing sin. Imagine that!

Jesus didn't come to treat the well, but to heal the sick. If you really want to be on the same page as Jesus, then you will try to show these women the love of Jesus and teach them who he is. Whether or not they get an abortion is completely unimportant to the issue. If they don't know Jesus then they're going to die in their sin and there'll be plenty of that with or without an abortion. If they do know Jesus, they they will be saved from the consequence of their sin, whether or not the have ever had an abortion.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

• Winner
Reactions: MikeK
Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

What on Earth are you talking about? Who is "defending why abortion takes place?" This poster was straightforward and without undue emotion, I find that refreshing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
What on Earth are you talking about? Who is "defending why abortion takes place?" This poster was straightforward and without undue emotion, I find that refreshing.

You know exactly what I am talking about. I also addressed your comments toward those you disagree with.

Using pejoratives toward those we disagree with does nothing to support our arguments.

Specifically I am addressing consistent labeling of others as childish and/or hyperbolic. It is unseemly.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You know exactly what I am talking about. I also addressed your comments toward those you disagree with.

Using pejoratives toward those we disagree with does nothing to support our arguments.

Specifically I am addressing consistent labeling of others as childish and/or hyperbolic. It is unseemly.

I don't even know what "defending why abortion takes place" means.

How would you prefer to label childish and/or hyperbolic people?

This guy did a nice job. I'm trying to be more like him.

Upvote 0