• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Nyoka bigsby

Oct 29, 2019
Stewart
✟8,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Hello all, this is my first time doing this, but I've been deeling with a serious issue for awhile. Just six months ago anxiety and panic attacks have entered my life in what seems out of nowhere. At the time I was soon to graduate from college and I had never experienced anything like that before. It has changed my life and my walk with God. Since then I have been dealing with debilatating fears of having another panic attack, dealing with a sickness, death, passing away. I've tried to talk out how I've felt with those around me but I've only heard you'll get through it, everything's okay, just keep trusting God. Just to say I've been turning to God the most to help me in my situation, but the feeling is oppressing, I feel it at work, walking home, at church. Sometimes delusional thoughts come with it that I'm having a major health issue, even when I hear about a funeral or someone passing away it makes me extremely uncomfortable and fearful when it never used to prior. This form of trauma is new to me. Just to give more background I suffered from depression at the age of 17 but never dealt with the issues even after I went to college and dealt with on and off feelings of lowness before experience extreme anxiety in my senior year. I've decided to post here to get support as well as seeking out therapy for the issues at hand. I am desperate because I've been praying and believing but I have been placing more anxiety and guilt on myself for feeling this fearful and worrying. Please keep me in your prayers my name is Nyoka, God bless each and every one of you.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I know that people just say things that don't help. At work several years ago, my boss said, "Get over it."

When my granddaughter had a miscarriage her MIL said, the baby may have had something wrong with it.

A lot of Christians have had hard lives, depression, and panic attacks. Sometimes doctors can help. If I were you, I'd talk to my family doctor.

Don't feel guilty for being fearful or worried. I don't think it's a sin. Jesus went to Gethsemane and poured His heart out because He was facing His crucifixion.

John 11
30 Now Jesus was not yet come into the town, but was in that place where Martha met him. 31 The Jews then which were with her in the house, and comforted her, when they saw Mary, that she rose up hastily and went out, followed her, saying, She goeth unto the grave to weep there. 32 Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. 33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled, 34 And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see. 35 Jesus wept.

Isaiah 66
13 As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.

God recognizes that there are times when we need comfort. It isn't a sin to need comfort or help!

I will be praying for you, Nyoka!

• Agree
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I understand exactly what you're going through Nyoka. I went through something very similar starting at age 16, and it came out of nowhere just like you said. I know it isn't easy. I wholly agree with Phoebe Ann's post; for those of us with anxiety issues we often can't control the fear and worry, it just happens. I don't think that it's wrong in that case. People who haven't been through something often won't understand it, which is why they say things like "Get over it." It would be a good idea to talk to your doctor as well as other people who have struggled with anxiety.

You are in my prayers. I hope you feel better soon, and God bless you. :purpleheart:

Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0

Nyoka bigsby

Oct 29, 2019
Stewart
✟8,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Thanks to you both ❤. It means a lot, its nice to know I'm not alone on this journey. I've decided to continue getting therapy but finding support and others like me orders hope that God is with me. Thank you for your prayers, May God bless you both

• Friendly
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0