• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Status
Not open for further replies.

PjC23565

Aug 3, 2005
Texas
✟7,963.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
lately ive been having really bad thoughts about the Holy Spirit, i have ocd so i have uncontrollable thoughts. and blashpemy against the Holy Spirit is the unforgivable sin. ive been trying to tell myself, God knows all, He knows my heart. but it still kind of freaks me out. God knows i dont mean them right?. i love God with all my heart. and i love Jesus and hes my life. my life without Them is nothing. im forgiven right for that unforgivable sin that i didnt mean right? i dont wanna go to hell!

Daughter of His

Believing God
Feb 1, 2004
On my computer chair
✟76,711.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
If EVERY TIME you paused and prayed for a breif moment for God to help you overcome the problem, I believe you could get comfort and help from the Holy Spirit. I know it's distressing, had similar things myself and it still comes into mind but it's what you DO with the thought-reject it, and reaffirm you love of the Lord even if silently to God and yourself.

God bless you ! :)pray: for you )

Upvote 0
May 14, 2006
washington
✟7,644.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
i know what you are talking about. I have ocd too. and today i got really bad thoughts and i felt like i was going to go out of control or something. so i can relate to how you feel. i go through constant doubt and constantly dont know myself, when i do know myself, i love God and other ppl, but the thoughts mess with me to go agaisnt God and to hurt my family or friends, its terrible torment in my brain. i will be praying for you though, God will only allow so much, just keep hanging on to the hope you have in Christ. God understands your pain and suffering, the thoughts arent you, its something in the brain and the enemy will stop at nothing to destroy Gods children. stand strong and know that you are going to Heaven and that one day all this will be better.

God Bless

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If those thoughts upset you then I can promise you that you have not offended God. My husband went through a period in his life & he couldn't find peace until gradually they lessened with prayer & perserverance.

I think there is a medical term called scrupulocity. It's way more common then most people think from what I understand.
Hugs to you & God bless you with His powerful peace & presence.

Upvote 0

frank1234

Apr 26, 2006
Winnetka, California
✟35,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
PjC23565 said:
lately ive been having really bad thoughts about the Holy Spirit, i have ocd so i have uncontrollable thoughts. and blashpemy against the Holy Spirit is the unforgivable sin. ive been trying to tell myself, God knows all, He knows my heart. but it still kind of freaks me out. God knows i dont mean them right?. i love God with all my heart. and i love Jesus and hes my life. my life without Them is nothing. im forgiven right for that unforgivable sin that i didnt mean right? i dont wanna go to hell!
If you are worried about weather or not you have blassphemed the Holy Spirit, that's a sign that you have the Holy Spirit.Once we have the Holy Spirit, we will never loose him.That is called eternal security.That is the fear that you have right? Loosing your salvation and going to hell, because you think you have blassphemed the Holy Spirit? Relax. You are O.K. The Only people that should be afraid are the people that don't care about stuff like this, Not you. You are a child of GOD. Don't dwell on this thought. Talk to your pastor about these obsessive thoughts. He will assure you that you have nothing to worry about. GOD loves you and HE is with you. Be sure of that. You need to talk to a qualified ordained minister about this subject so that you can be assured and not let this issue keep coming back. Satan does that. He will bog you. So get angry at him and don't let him to rob you of peace that GOD wants you to have. GOD bless you and keep you forever. Amen.

Upvote 0

AutumnSky

May 24, 2006
nevada
✟15,114.00
Faith
Christian
Jesus died for you. He came to earth and died on a cross. Not because he had to, but because he loved you that much. Jesus loves you more than you could ever imagine. He wants to spend eternity with you. He knows your heart. He knows you love him. He knows you don't really mean those things. He forgives you. And he wants you to be with him forever because he adores you.

Upvote 0

AutumnSky

May 24, 2006
nevada
✟15,114.00
Faith
Christian
I also wanted to say The Bible says that blasphemy against God and Jesus is forgivable, but blasphemy against the holy spirit is unforgivable. Does that mean that if we call the holy spirit bad names or think bad thoughts about him, we won't be forgiven. I don't think so. I believe true blasphemy is when the holy spirit tries to correct you and convict you, and you don't except it. You blaspheme him to the point that you don't except his gift of salvation. I don't think it's possible for Christians to blaspheme the holy spirit, because we have already took the gift of salvation and the forgiveness of our sins.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.