Fear of being harmed by spiritual witch/occult influence

MercyandFaith

Dec 25, 2012
✟22,126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I was hanging out with a Christian friend of mine today when she saw some sort of game exhibit featuring witches, things that looked occult-ish, etc. and wanted us to go in and participate. I said no, but she insisted and prodded, so, against my better judgment, I caved in and we went in and participated in the thing (it was some sort of thing featuring games of Harry Potter, occult-ish looking symbols, people dressed as witches, etc.)

Now I feel really spiritually bad about it, hours later. What should I do?

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So I was hanging out with a Christian friend of mine today when she saw some sort of game exhibit featuring witches, things that looked occult-ish, etc. and wanted us to go in and participate. I said no, but she insisted and prodded, so, against my better judgment, I caved in and we went in and participated in the thing (it was some sort of thing featuring games of Harry Potter, occult-ish looking symbols, people dressed as witches, etc.)

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2

Important verse for you. If you feel you sinned against God, then go to God and ask forgiveness - then move past it with the strength of Christ..

peer pressure is real, and when your younger it's easy to fall prey to its influence because you want to fit in and not be the weird one.

When I was younger I had a job and at this place of employment people would be laughing, joking and talking until I would walk in, and then there was dead silence.. happened daily and I felt there was something about me that caused it.

One day it bothered me so greatly that I finally asked why everyone became so quiet whenever I walked into a room, and was told that I was like a nun (I wasn't a nun, but was simply very religious which apparently showed), and everyone was afraid to say something that would offend me since I was so religious..

Literally, they were afraid to tell an off-color joke around me - so weird.

I went through times in my life I wanted to hide my faith, and times I decided to just show it and be happy and not try to be like other people, and oddly this incident was during a time I was hiding my faith; apparently it wasn't exactly hideable..

So just be you, don't let others determine what you do, but rather, determine your own course and follow it because it's as much a part of you as is your hair.. if you want to say no you don't want to do something, then just don't do it.

Tell your freinds you enjoy their freindship, but there are things you will and won't do, and if they care to do some things, then your happy to find your own way home alone..

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Repent to the Father for going against your conscience and possibly getting dirty feet in the world.... let the Father clean you up....
and go and sin no more.

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First, get over yourself.

Second, go study scripture to get a better handle on what are the real influences of witchcraft, etc. and what are the imagined influences. Begin with the premise "an idol is nothing, then note the Greek term for witchcraft is the same word from which we get the English word "pharmacy." It's related to the use of drugs , not video games. Unless you have reason to believe someone has sown curses into the video game code that is sufficient to usurp the blood of Christ the problem is not witches, the occult, symbols, costumes or story line; it is the flesh.

All things are permissible, but not all things are profitable. If you can't play such games then do not play them. We are not tempted by God, and although scripture does report satan is used for the purpose of temptation, James makes it quite clear and plain we are tempted by our own lusts; it's the stuff inside, not the stufff outside that makes us unclean. This is how and why Jesus could be led into the wildreness to be tempted by satan and come out victorious: there is nothing untoward in Jesus by which he might be dragged away and enticed! This is called the doctrine of impeccability in case you've never heard of it.

You and I? We're not impeccable. We have weaknesses. However, we are also adopted sons and daughters of the Most High God who are being sanctified, matured, and perfected even as we now read and type content in the forum. If you've not been cleaned enough to play certain games then don't play them. If you've been cleaned up so much those games no longer provide an opportunity to worship the One True God then don't play them

Otherwise have fun manipulating computer code within the design parameters set by the game programmers, knowing many of them had no clue how blindly they are living.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian

That's your conscience speaking. If it makes you feel bad, then pray for forgiveness and stay away from participating in the future. God is faithful to forgive you.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Here is a link to a powerful prayer we use for breaking witchcraft

Say the prayer, attach your faith to it. Know that you have authority in Jesus name over such things and don't let worry be your portion.

Prayer - Breaking Witchcraft Prayer

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

carp614

Apr 21, 2016
Home
✟29,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whenever someone talks about this subject, this verse comes to mind. It might not be the most apt, but it comforts me.

Romans 8:1 - "Therefore there is now no condemnation in those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death."

Listen to your conscience. If you think you have sinned against God, repent and ask forgiveness. Then move on.

If you don't think you have sinned against God, but you are disturbed by occult symbols and witchcraft and the like, it is wise to be sensitive to that feeling, but only to a point. These images have no real power over you. Scripture makes this very clear. Study the word regarding witchcraft and build your Christian confidence so that these images have no undue influence over you.

• Agree
Reactions: Leet
Upvote 0