Faithfulandtrue

Follow of Jesus Christ
Jun 24, 2014
✟40,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel overwhelming sense of discouragement and fear the last few years especially after 2019. I feel like time is really almost up and there s no time to do the thing God wanted me to do for him. I feel like the Lord is coming back so soon, and I'm afraid that he's going to find that I didn't do anything to further the kingdom and I'll be like the ten virgins who didn't have oil in their lamps. I feel like there was so much I wanted to do for God but worries in life,fear of failure and finances got in the way. Last night I had a dream that I don't really remember much of but that at the end I was begging the Lord for me to be His still and for more time

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You still have years before the rapture. In the Bible it says right up until the end they will be marrying and having kids, etc, and doing those things we normally do. And repenting and getting right with the lord. And starting ministries To your friends at least. So first better get right with the Lord.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I feel overwhelming sense of discouragement and fear the last few years especially after 2019. I feel like time is really almost up and there s no time to do the thing God wanted me to do for him. I feel like the Lord is coming back so soon, and I'm afraid that he's going to find that I didn't do anything to further the kingdom and I'll be like the ten virgins who didn't have oil in their lamps. I feel like there was so much I wanted to do for God but worries in life,fear of failure and finances got in the way. Last night I had a dream that I don't really remember much of but that at the end I was begging the Lord for me to be His still and for more time

This may seem cheesy but it works for me...
Since technically there are no signs as to when Christ returns for the church of God ...which means, nobody knows...
So....
I live my life as though He's coming back today ...but... I plan as though He's never coming back (in my lifetime).

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
People have been predicting the last days forever. The Great Disappointment of the Millerites is one of the most famous. It also reminds me of hearing about Jehovah's Witnesses so convinced it was any day now that they don't get medical treatment then die early deaths. IMO, it is better to assume you will live a long life on earth and make the most of it.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I feel like time is really almost up and there s no time to do the thing God wanted me to do for him.

What's the "thing" you're not doing?

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think i can give one tip: stop watching alarmist news and videos etc about the end times.
is like watching bad news all the time, it starts to affect you, especially if you have some 'mental health' issues etc.

This could seem like bleak, but the 'end times' are happening to people everyday, i mean its the same if we die, or christ comes, because is almost the same thing.... people die, God forbid it could happen tomorrow, or days from now, maybes 50 years?.

So the end of the world is like -+50 years from now lets say for everyone alive.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There are various interpretations for the ten virgins. You sound like you are self condemned because you do not have enough "works." Salvation is a gift, many believe you either receive the gift or you do not. If you are a true Christian you are one of the five with oil. Settle your salvation in your soul, do not let the devil say you are unworthy etc. Your getting to heaven on what Jesus did, it is enough.

Next, why not turn to being more productive? Perhaps Ephesians 5 may apply to you. In this case you are barely doing anything (I have been here) then try to stir yourself up. See what God wants you to do now. It sounds like you have some goals that might have been shown to you in the past. I'd repent even saying I am sorry i did not accomplish what I should have. (I have done that too). Bury those and just come to Jesus and say here I am I want to serve you more. What can I do now? Perhaps he returns some of those items you think you should have done but they are in the past. If the devil stole them through worries etc., it is payback time. In God you can make up for that loss. Sampson sure did, his last act killed more Philistines than all his previous years. Judges 16:30. You don't have to die to get your payback, just get in God's grace, your license to serve and awaken. Let God worry about what time is left, just move the best you can for the days remaining. Rebuke discouragement with praise too. Your an heir of God and joint heir of Christ, you are empowered, graced and can move forward. When you have short term failures, get back up and continue moving forward. I took a bit of latitude here so forgive me if it does not speak to you. You are blessed though for sure!

Eph. 5
This is why it is said: “Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.”
15Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. 18Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, 19speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, 20always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Faithfulandtrue

Follow of Jesus Christ
Jun 24, 2014
✟40,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are various interpretations for the ten virgins. You sound like you are self condemned because you do not have enough "works." Salvation is a gift, many believe you either receive the gift or you do not. If you are a true Christian you are one of the five with oil. Settle your salvation in your soul, do not let the devil say you are unworthy etc. Your getting to heaven on what Jesus did, it is enough.

Next, why not turn to being more productive? Perhaps Ephesians 5 may apply to you. In this case you are barely doing anything (I have been here) then try to stir yourself up. See what God wants you to do now. It sounds like you have some goals that might have been shown to you in the past. I'd repent even saying I am sorry i did not accomplish what I should have. (I have done that too). Bury those and just come to Jesus and say here I am I want to serve you more. What can I do now? Perhaps he returns some of those items you think you should have done but they are in the past. If the devil stole them through worries etc., it is payback time. In God you can make up for that loss. Sampson sure did, his last act killed more Philistines than all his previous years. Judges 16:30. You don't have to die to get your payback, just get in God's grace, your license to serve and awaken. Let God worry about what time is left, just move the best you can for the days remaining. Rebuke discouragement with praise too. Your an heir of God and joint heir of Christ, you are empowered, graced and can move forward. When you have short term failures, get back up and continue moving forward. I took a bit of latitude here so forgive me if it does not speak to you. You are blessed though for sure!

Eph. 5
This is why it is said: “Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.”
15Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. 18Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, 19speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, 20always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ
Thank you so much! This really did help and encourage me today.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for your note. I appreciate it. I just reread a book from T.L. Osborn, called " You are God's best." It is really uplifting. You can find a free pdf copy with a google search like T.L. Osborn, you are God's best. One free one I used was the gospel coalition.ng. I could'nt copy the link but it is on the first page in google. I pray you can move forward in Christ while not being so hard on yourself. God bless!

Upvote 0