Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The President needs access to a TS SCI clearance. How else would they get their daily DoD and intelligence community briefings?
How does that work? "Sorry, you can't be president, since you never paid this credit card bill means no security clearance which means you can't be president"

• Haha
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
How does that work? "Sorry, you can't be president, since you never paid this credit card bill means no security clearance which means you can't be president"

Technically, you could be president, but without a security clearance, many important decisions, particularly in regards to foreign policy, would have to be delegated.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Technically, you could be president, but without a security clearance, many important decisions, particularly in regards to foreign policy, would have to be delegated.

Perhaps. Although can you delegate commander in chief duties? Don't think so. The President must have access to nuclear launch codes. Such is very high level of TS.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I'm going to guess the president gets the highest level of security clearance simply by virtue of being the president and it is not something that can be revoked. Most especially not by people who report to the president.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would think being president sort of places you above that sort of thing. a bad loop hole in security? well its not like any idiot can be president... oh wait....

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm going to guess the president gets the highest level of security clearance simply by virtue of being the president and it is not something that can be revoked. Most especially not by people who report to the president.

You have the reality correct.

A President as chief executive establishes security policies. First day in office if they have something preventing them from receiving a clearance they can line out by executive order. For example :

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/executive-order-classified-national-security-information

Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I would think being president sort of places you above that sort of thing. a bad loop hole in security? well its not like any idiot can be president... oh wait....

There's nothing special about the President's security clearance. It has the same limitations that other security clearances do. The President is not entitled to see anything simply by virtue of being President; there has to be a compelling reason why the President needs to know.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
You have the reality correct.

A President as chief executive establishes security policies. First day in office if they have something preventing them from receiving a clearance they can line out by executive order. For example :

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/executive-order-classified-national-security-information

Yeah. Makes sense. I know I read in the Hillary E-mail thing part of the issue is that as SoS She had the authority to determine what was or was not classified information on internal data.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
There's nothing special about the President's security clearance. It has the same limitations that other security clearances do. The President is not entitled to see anything simply by virtue of being President; there has to be a compelling reason why the President needs to know.

I find myself skeptical of this claim. I'm guessing the president generally has the authority to determine they have need to know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah. Makes sense. I know I read in the Hillary E-mail thing part of the issue is that as SoS She had the authority to determine what was or was not classified information on internal data.

Within limits of course. She as SoS did not have authority to take a TS document and deem it another classification. Only the originating source can do so also within governing regulations.

She tried pulling that line that some email discussions she had with others on the private server were not classified yet because no one deemed them to be, yet. This was a false presumption as she received briefing about what general subjects are classified or compartmentalized.

For example if I read a TS intelligence report in the vault and then wanted to communicate the report to an embassy I can do so only on approved classified systems.

I am not allowed to go home on my private email and summarize the report to anyone. Even other people with clearance. She knew this of course.

It is also a security violation to use unsecured means to communicate new classified information. Meaning if you and I are chatting about ISIS on Gmail we can do so. But if we are government officials discussing how to approach a ME politician and start discussing policy decisions, who we need to grease before the meeting and dates and times etc. Our conversation just turned into at the minimum Confidential. We should have stopped the conversation and went to secure means.

That is what Hillary was getting at. She held conversations touching classified information. But there were no "labels" involved. Doesn't matter...The content was and she knew better.

Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I heard that WikiLeaks has hacked Trump’s email account. Surprises are coming as if Trump could surprises us even more

Wikileaks does not hack. They just leak information already hacked. Lol I know.

Hope they dump the Trump info too.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wikileaks does not hack. They just leak information already hacked. Lol I know.

Hope they dump the Trump info too.
Probably trying to show that their exposure of the truth isnt exactly polarized politically motivated

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't get any hits on google news, so is this just some urban legend?
It means someone will probably show up with some weak frauds before election day. :)

I think Trump says in public what he says in private.

Upvote 0