Jul 18, 2004
✟9,648.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Who are your favourite preachers?

I love Dick Lucas.
Dick Lucas was Rector of St Helen's from 1961 to 1998. Under his leadership, in the providence of God, St Helen's grew from a tiny congregation of a few individuals to a large thriving church with a ministry to city workers, families, students and young professionals, and a reputation for serious expository preaching and bible teaching.

His penetrating insights into Scripture and its contemporary application have won him a worldwide audience and recordings of his talks are in great demand.

In 1986 he founded The Proclamation Trust, whose aim is to encourage ministry that seeks above all to expound the Bible as God's word for today.

Now in his eighties, Dick Lucas still has a very active and influential ministry, preaching and speaking at conferences in the UK and further afield. He returns each summer to preach at St Helen's.

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Art Azurdia
S Lewis Johnson

SLJ was my prof at DTS and I attended his church, Believer's Chapel, for a year or two. Awesome.

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Favorite modern preachers? I prefer teaching to preaching, where the emphasis is more on the mind than the heart, but may be because in my lifetime I have listened to so much "emotionalism" in preaching, that is preachers begging an emotional response from listeners. However, I've found most if not all of my favorite preachers, are also teachers, and seem to have a gift for a balance of the two.

Dr. S. Lewis Johnson is my overall favorite
but John Piper is one of the best, athough
I love to listen to R.C. Sproul, but
James M. Boice and John MacArthur are also great.

Oddly enough, the music of Reformed Rap/Hip Hop artists like Lecrae, Trip Lee, and Tedashi have ministered greatly to my soul, to my heart, and mind, in ways no sermon can.

Greg Bahnsen, John Frame, Scott Olliphint, Vern Poythress, William Edgar, and Cornelius Van Til rank high on my favorite modern teachers list.

C.H. Spurgeon is my favorite preacher of the 19th century.

Upvote 0