favourite place to buy icons?

Ambrosius

Sep 6, 2009
✟15,655.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
What is everyone's favourite place to buy icons?

I have been looking and looking but they are all so expensive, even decent sized mounted prints are quite a bit.

The cheapest by size ones I've found are at Convent of St. Elizabeth but I'm pretty sure they're some kind of schismatic group. It's not on their website anymore but there used to be something about them being in association with some "True.." or "Authentic..." or "Real..." stuff (you know like, "True Authentic Real Old Calendaristics you're using the wrong fingers!!!:preach:" kind of stuff).

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What is everyone's favourite place to buy icons?

I have been looking and looking but they are all so expensive, even decent sized mounted prints are quite a bit.

The cheapest by size ones I've found are at Convent of St. Elizabeth but I'm pretty sure they're some kind of schismatic group. It's not on their website anymore but there used to be something about them being in association with some "True.." or "Authentic..." or "Real..." stuff (you know like, "True Authentic Real Old Calendaristics you're using the wrong fingers!!!:preach:" kind of stuff).

There fine to order from. They used to be the ones in communion with ROCOR before they resumed ties with Moscow. Much of their publications are sold thru legitimate Orthodox sources as well.

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ambrosius

Sep 6, 2009
✟15,655.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Ah, I like the ones on Skete.com, or some of them, but most of them only give you a very small preview. And there are some icons where the faces trigger uncanny-valley-type stuff to me (there is a very popular one that unnerves me quite a bit and is very extraterrestrial-alien looking).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I sell mounted prints of my own work http://www.michaelgoltzicons.com
My prices are low to moderate for mounted icon prints.

I will warn everyone in existence NOT to buy from Monastery Icons. They are not Orthodoxy. They are not even Christian. The are simply bad news.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,729.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
And sadly many have bought from them too - I believe some have even found their way into Orthodox Churches < shudder >

I'll echo Michael on this

Monastery Icons [ or whatever name they go under - there are many :( ] are BAD news - very very BAD NEWS . Run away screaming and then pray for these people

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Monastery Icons [ or whatever name they go under - there are many :( ] are BAD news - very very BAD NEWS . Run away screaming and then pray for these people

*blink*

That bad? I noticed they were Roman Catholic and their website design makes me suspicious, so I wasn't planning on purchasing from them, but I didn't think they were that bad.....

Upvote 0

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
*blink*

That bad? I noticed they were Roman Catholic and their website design makes me suspicious, so I wasn't planning on purchasing from them, but I didn't think they were that bad.....

They aren't Roman Catholic either, they just add some of their saints into the inventory

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.