Walruseater

Jan 11, 2006
USA
✟8,181.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Um, I don't know any technical names of chess moves, but I usually like to move one of the knights forward first. I guess the left knight, three squares forward, and one square to the right...

Does that move have a name?

Anyway, I rarely win in Chess :( I always play too aggressive, taking literally any opportunity to take as many of the opponant's pieces as possible. I'm lousy at setting up my own defense.

And I'm lousy at planning far ahead...

Upvote 0

dudeoffaith1

Nov 23, 2004
Where God sent me to live
✟15,298.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
For white, I like the Ruy Lopez which goes:
1 e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Bb5
I like it because i'm a very aggressive player. This gives me a chance to aggressively fight against black.

For black, I like the Sicilian Dragon, which goes:
1. e4 c5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 d6
4. Bb5 g6
I like this because i like the lively game that ensues.

By the way, what is your yahoo adress, shinbits? I might play you a few times

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

t_w

Feb 26, 2006
✟248.00
Faith
Atheist
DanPev said:
Playing white I like the King's Gambit. With Black the Caro-Kann.

Kings gambit leads to VERY exciting chess! Does anyone else play the
KG?

Dan

KG is one of my favourite openings, but it isn't a particularly strong opening - leaves you too exposed down the king side and gives black the initiative. I'd say the Giuco Piano is the easiest opening and my personal favourite.
For black, my favourite opening is either the sicilian defence or the King's Indian.

You can play chess on yahoo? I did not know this.

Upvote 0

_Origen

Mar 25, 2006
✟185.00
Faith
Christian
As white I love the Ruy Lopez and probably will play it in that given position every game.
As black, agaisnt K-pawn players, I adore Sicilian defenses like the Dragon, especially the Najdrof Poisoned Pawn variation!
Favorite openning to destlroy as black is white's Stonewall Attack. My brother and I battle that one in great depth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blirith

Feb 9, 2007
Carlisle
✟9,933.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For White: specifically the Ruy Lopez Exchange with d4, a weapon I've used furtively in my 8years in Cumbria Chess :biggrin:

For Black: Petroff's Defence, symmetrical variation if necessary, although I've faced so many opponents that have replied 3 Nc3? that I can make a solid living off those proceeds alone ;)

Upvote 0

Greatcloud

May 3, 2007
Oregon coast
✟48,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Is hey ya wanna play chess !

I never studied any of the names of openings but I still play a mean game. I was close to 1700 at one time, let's have some more plain talk about strategy for the opening. I like to control the center of the board and develop pieces pawn structure at this time can be very important. Attacking should be discouraged, wait for an opportunity which will come.

Upvote 0