Kurama

Believe in Humanity
Mar 25, 2013
✟17,730.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
There are a range of national anthems which I love such as that of Turkey, Germany, Israel, USA and France.

However my favorite national anthem has to be that of Russia. It is beautiful and its power resonates the majesty of Russia's rich history and pride. I guess the composer must have worked very hard on the anthem...perhaps because Stalin had ordered him to ^_^

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMZfXN1UOpw‎

Reactions: seashale76

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you that the Russian anthem is one of the most beautiful. I used to have a Commodore 64 and one game I had was Olympics game wherein I spent a lot of time listening to the various anthems as a kid- and Russia's always stood out. Besides the US- I've always liked the French National Anthem and the Canadian and the Japanese. Also- somewhere around here at home I have a red Chairman Mao butane lighter that plays the Chinese National Anthem (a souvenir from a friend). It isn't my favorite- but it is incredibly fun to annoy people with it every time it opens.

National Anthem of France - YouTube

O Canada - YouTube

君が代 Kimigayo - National Anthem of Japan - YouTube

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Kenya's national anthem is beautiful, too.

Has it ever been used as a hymn, by chance?

I looked this up for you. Apparently- it was a traditional Pokomo tune sang by mothers to their children. However- they adapted it to make a great national anthem so it would fit with Swahili and English words and also could be adapted to be played by a military band. The group who put the anthem together did a lot of hard work on it- and the lyrics are intended to be a prayer to God for their country. It's really cool actually.

Kenyan National Anthem with Lyrics - YouTube

Ee Mungu nguvu yetu------------------O God of all creation
Ilete baraka kwetu-----------------------Bless this our land and nation
Haki iwe ngao na mlinzi---------------Justice be our shield and defender
Natukae kwa Undugu-------------------May we dwell in unity
Amani na uhuru---------------------------Peace and liberty
Raha tupate na ustawi.-----------------Plenty be found within our borders.

Amkeni ndugu zetu----------------------Let one and all arise
Tufanye sote bidii-------------------------With hearts both strong and true
Nasi tujitoe kwa nguvu------------------Service be our earnest endeavour
Nchi yetu ya Kenya----------------------And our homeland of Kenya
Tunayoipenda----------------------------[bless and do not curse]--Heritage of splendour
Tuwe tayari kuilinda----------------------Firm may we stand to defend.

Natujenge taifa letu-----------------------Let all with one accord
Ee, ndio wajibu wetu---------------------In common bond united
Kenya istahili heshima------------------Build this our nation together
Tuungane mikono-------------------------And the glory of Kenya
Pamoja kazini------------------------------The fruit of our labour
Kila siku tuwe na shukrani-------------Fill every heart with thanksgiving.

Upvote 0

BrianJK

Abdul Masih
Aug 21, 2013
Seaside, CA
✟20,934.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have always been fond of the Polish national anthem.

I'm not sure how to embed a video, but if you want to watch, or listen in this case, the Youtube code is "KQTq07gihqg".

Also, ever since I watched Casablanca, I gained a new respect for La Marseillaise (France's anthem).

Youtube code (for Casablanca scene) = "HM-E2H1ChJM"

Upvote 0

Kurama

Believe in Humanity
Mar 25, 2013
✟17,730.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm also quite fond of the East German anthem [Risen from Ashes]. It is very beautiful in my opinion. Unlike most other communist anthems, the DDR anthem doesn't evoke much power but shows humility instead:

East German National Anthem - YouTube

East Germany may have been a police state, and represented a division that never should have existed...

But their national anthem represents the complete antithesis of the East German reality - hope, optimism, striving for a better tomorrow.

I agree with you that the Russian anthem is one of the most beautiful. I used to have a Commodore 64 and one game I had was Olympics game wherein I spent a lot of time listening to the various anthems as a kid- and Russia's always stood out. Besides the US- I've always liked the French National Anthem and the Canadian and the Japanese. Also- somewhere around here at home I have a red Chairman Mao butane lighter that plays the Chinese National Anthem (a souvenir from a friend). It isn't my favorite- but it is incredibly fun to annoy people with it every time it opens.

I was pretty much introduced to anthems via watching football matches. It was always a wonderful site to see the players lined, with their hands on their chests, singing their respective anthems with pride...

I don't really like the Chinese anthem...it sounds childish in my opinion. I prefer the Republic of China's anthem, at least it sounds more suitable...

Taiwanese National Anthem - "SānmÃ[bless and do not curse]n Zhǔyì" (ZH/EN) - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Se7ski

Aug 19, 2013
✟15,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are a range of national anthems which I love such as that of Turkey, Germany, Israel, USA and France.

However my favorite national anthem has to be that of Russia. It is beautiful and its power resonates the majesty of Russia's rich history and pride. I guess the composer must have worked very hard on the anthem...perhaps because Stalin had ordered him to ^_^

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMZfXN1UOpw‎

Большое спасибо! :) It's my favorite too but It's only fair to include the Chinese National Anthem. I like that one too.

[youtube]UctriMuXYS0[/youtube]

Upvote 0