My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What kind of workouts are you doing? Most Deep House music and Deep House remixes of popular songs are 120bpm or very close. Below is one example, but you could find hundreds more by searching for 'Deep House Mix'. As you're a self-confessed nerd you probably don't need my advice on how to download the audio file from YouTube.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for the video, JSB! I don't like a lot of the "house" music used in them, but...I tolerate it for the duration of my workout :D

I have a routine that I personalized for myself that includes strength training and cardio. Squats, standing crunches, punches, etc. I'm easily bored, so I'm always looking for new routines to try as well. I enjoy Leslie Sansone's workouts, though they're more cardio and less strength. I really like feeling my muscles being used and strengthened, moreso than feeling my heart racing and feeling out of breath.

A few nights ago, I tried this, and nearly died LOL. I didn't think I'd get very far, but I got to the 15:30 mark before I had to stop!

Today, I may go hiking, and that'll count as my daily exercise :)

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the video, JSB! I don't like a lot of the "house" music used in them, but...I tolerate it for the duration of my workout
I can't stand House music. But to my ears, Deep House music sounds very different from House music. I'm not even sure why it's called Deep House, I think Electronic Chillout would be a better description. Maybe people creating Deep House music thought they could tap into the market of people who like House music.

I have a routine that I personalized for myself that includes strength training and cardio. Squats, standing crunches, punches, etc. I'm easily bored, so I'm always looking for new routines to try as well. I enjoy Leslie Sansone's workouts, though they're more cardio and less strength. I really like feeling my muscles being used and strengthened, moreso than feeling my heart racing and feeling out of breath.
I've never done that kind of workout. The only time I've ever done a regular routine is with weights. I sometimes cycle or walk the same routes, so I have some routine in that.

A few nights ago, I tried this, and nearly died LOL. I didn't think I'd get very far, but I got to the 15:30 mark before I had to stop!
LOL! It does look quite energetic!

Today, I may go hiking, and that'll count as my daily exercise
Walking is my only exercise at the moment. I'm typically doing walks of around 10 miles, which takes me about 3-3.5 hours. I'd like to drive somewhere and go hiking, but I think the lockdown rules are somewhat ambiguous, and I don't want to end up arguing with the police over the correct interpretation of the rules. Cycling is an option, but it gets dark quite early this time of year, so that means a choice of sharing the roads with day time traffic or cycling in the dark.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Walking is my only exercise at the moment. I'm typically doing walks of around 10 miles, which takes me about 3-3.5 hours. I'd like to drive somewhere and go hiking, but I think the lockdown rules are somewhat ambiguous, and I don't want to end up arguing with the police over the correct interpretation of the rules. Cycling is an option, but it gets dark quite early this time of year, so that means a choice of sharing the roads with day time traffic or cycling in the dark.

10 miles is admirable! Hiking is much harder work, at least for me, since it's not on a flat, smooth surface. Always dealing with rocks, roots, branches, and uneven terrain. But nature is where I love to be! It's as much for my mind as it is for my physical health. I'm sorry you don't have a good hiking spot readily available to you :( Yeah, that early darkness is so bothersome!

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Post yours here! I find that music around 120 beats per minute (bpm) is what's most comfortable for me. I'd love to find more variety, though.

and

Depends on what kind of training but for heavy weight training and heavy bag workouts it must to be heavy metal/rock. This is scientific too, test done on people driving proved people listening to heavy metal/ rock would drive faster and have more adrenalin.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Definitely makes sense. External stimuli like music has an affect on our brains, and thus our bodies.

I've found that I have trouble keeping count of reps when I'm listening to music that has words. I've never been a good multi tasker for the same reason lol. If I'm hearing someone talk, or anything that invites attention, like a TV on, while I'm trying to focus on something else, like reading, I can't do it. So if my workout music is a song with words, I have to focus much harder on counting, usually out loud :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Definitely makes sense. External stimuli like music has an affect on our brains, and thus our bodies.

I've found that I have trouble keeping count of reps when I'm listening to music that has words. I've never been a good multi tasker for the same reason lol. If I'm hearing someone talk, or anything that invites attention, like a TV on, while I'm trying to focus on something else, like reading, I can't do it. So if my workout music is a song with words, I have to focus much harder on counting, usually out loud :D

What rep ranges do you use and for what type of training and exercises?

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What rep ranges do you use and for what type of training and exercises?

25-50, depending on what I'm doing and how much energy I have that day. I do things like squats, standing crunches, punches. It's so easy to get into the music and the movement and suddenly I'm going, "Dang it! Where was I? 25? 35?" :D

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is some high reps. Just started back doing squats after a long time off. No more than 12 reps when I do them down to 2-3. Trying to build some muscle and looking for some strength gains. How many times a week do you squat and for how many sets?

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is some high reps. Just started back doing squats after a long time off. No more than 12 reps when I do them down to 2-3. Trying to build some muscle and looking for some strength gains. How many times a week do you squat and for how many sets?

Ideally, it's every day, or every other day. But I've slacked off with the holiday, being so busy, and lacking energy with the early darkness and generally depressive weather. I forced myself to work out last night, though, and intend to get back on track going forward :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RyCanadian

Jan 25, 2021
Alberta
✟16,163.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For me it's rock.
Same. I find when I'm lifting weights I crank up the rock/hard rock (Christian or secular) music and when I do cardio I usually listen to worship music or dance/electronic kind of music.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Post yours here! I find that music around 120 beats per minute (bpm) is what's most comfortable for me. I'd love to find more variety, though.

Imaginaerim by Night Wish. It works especially well with aerobics.

Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟567,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Imaginaerim by Night Wish. It works especially well with aerobics.
I am a fan of the band. Imaginaerum was not good (have you watched the movie they produced to accompany it?). That was Annette at her worst and Tuomas at his most self indulgent. Of course, fans will be split on all of Annette's albums with the band.

I used to run my Navy fitness tests to Hatebreed. I stopped listening to their new output several years ago when they made a hard left turn. Before that the music had been positive and empowering. After, mostly whiny.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am a fan of the band. Imaginaerum was not good (have you watched the movie they produced to accompany it?). That was Annette at her worst and Tuomas at his most self indulgent. Of course, fans will be split on all of Annette's albums with the band.

I used to run my Navy fitness tests to Hatebreed. I stopped listening to their new output several years ago when they made a hard left turn. Before that the music had been positive and empowering. After, mostly whiny.

I find that music gets me going really fast so that I work out small muscles in hands, feet, back and legs all at once. It pushes me. As for seeing that film, I saw it once a while ago. It was rough but I found the premises of metal troubles intriguing.

I never heard of Hatebreed but when I looked on line I found they promote anti-antisemitism. I heard of metal bands and rap groups that start out positive then go bad. It sad, but there are a lot of good metal groups with decent rhythms out there. My kids tend to find them for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0