Favorite Steven Spielberg movie in this list

What is your favorite Spielberg movie from this list ?

• Men in Black

• AI: Artificial Intelligence

• Catch Me if You Can

• Transformers

• ET: The Extra Terrestrial

• Poltergeist

• Back to the Future

• The Goonies

• Gremlins

• Saving Private Ryan

Results are only viewable after voting.

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
i chose ET: The Extra Terrestrial

there is something about the acting in that movie that is special

the acting improv from drew barrymore and henry thomas can never be replicated, drew barrymore stole that movie- it is incredible to watch even 29 years after i saw it at the movies

i do think it was wrong when the dvd came out in in 2002 that the guns used by the agents were digitally replaced with walkie-talkies or flashlights as a pr move

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Hate to be a nitpicker, but -

Men in Black was directed by Barry Sonnenfeld and I'm pretty sure Transformers was Michael Bay's movie. Back to the Future was Robert Zemekis and The Goonies was, I think, Richard Donner.

Meanwhile, I'm missing Schindler's List, the Indiana Jones movies, Jaws, 1941, The Color Purple and Empire of the Sun.

I'm going to go with Schindler's List, but I'm not a big Spielberg fan. I liked The Pianist much better.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,096,072.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I loved "Back to the Future" because it was fun, and Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd were great in it.

Philosophically, it was interesting to see how even our smallest actions can alter the course of our history and the history of the people we interact with.

As someone who has taught and worked in communications, I am reminded of the potential consequences of my work.

I never liked "ET." I never could get past Dee Wallace's portrayal of mother as simpleton, and I failed to appreciate the rest of the movie because of it.

"Poltergeist's" seemingly cursed cast, with the oldest daughter being murdered by an ex-boyfriend and the younger daughter dying during emergency surgery, always gives me pause. One of my children has what I call "permeable boundaries." She has prophetic dreams, can sense when she is near a cemetery around the bend, has had spirits 'follow her.' (She said they left four months ago, thank goodness.) I pray, and wish she didn't have this capability...."Poltergeist" freaks me out.

Last edited:
Reactions: BAFRIEND
Upvote 0

D'Ann

Catholic... Faith, Hope and the greatest is LOVE
Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Men in Black
Catch Me if You Can
Transformers
ET: The Extra Terrestrial
Back to the Future The Goonies
bar3-l.gif

Gremlins

Saving Private Ryan (1998)

Schindler's List (1993)

E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)

My very first choice is Schindler's List and my second choice is Private Ryan and Catch Me If You Can along with ET which is up there too.

I like the message and how the movies blend fiction with stories that have a few historical moments, but mainly it's a director telling a fictional and entertaining story with usually a good message in it.

I love art.

Reactions: BAFRIEND
Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hate to be a nitpicker, but -

Men in Black was directed by Barry Sonnenfeld and I'm pretty sure Transformers was Michael Bay's movie. Back to the Future was Robert Zemekis and The Goonies was, I think, Richard Donner.

Meanwhile, I'm missing Schindler's List, the Indiana Jones movies, Jaws, 1941, The Color Purple and Empire of the Sun.

I'm going to go with Schindler's List, but I'm not a big Spielberg fan. I liked The Pianist much better.

these are all movies he produced, not necessarily directed

i could not list all the movies he has done, i tried to focus on the science fiction or supernaturual themes

i loved empire of the sun but chose private ryan instead in the poll because i thought bore people here would have seen it

my second best in the list is MIB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

D'Ann

Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
catch me if you can is great

schindlers list is probably one of my least favorite of spielbergs movies

Yup, Catch Me If You Can was great. I really enjoyed the story plot and how the growth and changes of the characters evolved some what. I liked how the story blended a lot of shadows of concepts...

Schindler's List is one of my favorites because it's fictional, but there is also some true history in it as well. Hollywood always has to add to these stories to make sure that we are entertained.

Why is Schindler's List one of your least favorite movies of Spielberg? Just curious. :)

Upvote 0

D'Ann

Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, ET is one of the few movies that make me cry. :sorry:

I liked Empire of the Sun too.

ET makes me cry too. I like Empire of the Sun too... Spielberg has made a lot of great movies... whether producing or directing them.... he just has a knack for picking good scripts. I also love the Star Wars movies too that he and George Lucas produced and directed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I liked ET.
Just did.

Its funny, cute, and emotional tear jerker.

you would probably like Super 8 then too, i didnt include it because it just came out and think most here have not seen it

super 8's strenth is the excellent acting and the empathy for the character even though the plot and many other of the elements are weak

the alien in super 8 though, you would not want to meet him, dont think he would be too impressed by reeces pieces either

Upvote 0